sat 15 september

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sat 15 september

Good morning all, I fell asleep at 9.30 last night after a big takeaway and tv.
    I woke up again and went to bed at 11.30 - slept really well, I was awake at 7.45!
    Thanks for all your support yesterday - for now my focus for me is no smoking, reducing booze and losing weight.The decorating, new clothes, new job, creative hobby can wait for a bit.

I am doing a ten k in 6 weeks so starting a training plan now is doable, just 3 times a week nothing crazy. I enjoy exercise and being more athletic/active is one of my long term goals. It also helps me not smoke/stop binge drinking and improves my mood.

I like the idea of planning long term goals Chrysa but I think I need to focus on now for now - I know what I am like and will try to do everything at once! For now I need to do one day at a time and not focus on beyond that.And reward myself!

I really need to change my thinking, one lapse or mistake isn't the end of the world, it's this thinking that leads me to giving up/feeling I'm a failure. Doesn't give me a chance to look at the reasons for my lapses, often i thin kmy negative self talk acauses it and then perpetuates it.

Thanks again for support, 3 drinks for me tonight - vodka, lime and soda.
    I am starting a diary and off to the gym a bit later, then a party, then I'm seeing a band.
    As for tomorrow just the gym and that's it.
    one day at a time

sat 15 september

Hi Bear, glad that you are feeling better this morning ....

It's really quiet in modsville at the minute, hope that everyone is OK.

Love & Hugs to everyone ..........
    sigpicXXX

Comment

sat 15 september

Hi all! Today is the twins birthday so just a quick check in. We have a full house and a big party a little later.

Bear you do sound great and the 10k is a very good motivator!

Take care everyone!
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

sat 15 september

Raise your sights, and broaden your steps.

Because doing one without the other is the same as doing neither.

****The Universe

Happy Saturday all!

WELCOME BACK Judie, we missed you girl! Glad you are back, we have all felt a lot of those same feelings and had reactions very much the same as yours. Please never feel like the lone ranger, come talk to us! xo

Lushy and Waves, thanks for the messages checking up on me. You are wonderfully dear friends!!

Lushy, hope your daughter does NOT need the ortho. My youngest has all four impacted wisdom teeth. Older one's went to the tune of $1000. His won't be any cheaper I am sure. Both boys had orthodontics. . . sigh. (almost finished on that stuff though!!)

Happy Birthday to the twins Beaches, what a great mom throwing a big party for them!!

BB, good to see you! Hope everything in your world is good!

Bear, sounds good, though quitting everything at once is a bit of a shock to your body . . . yes? I went and bought some nicorette gum a couple weeks ago simply b/c the urge to buy a pack of cigarettes was so strong . . . hadn't thought about it in months. I am on your team and wish you the best with all of these changes.

Amethyst, I am so sorry sweetie. I would go be supportive of my son, too. Have a long talk with him and decisions in his life but wow, I hope everything is much better for you two today.

PP, Tawny, Bella, Marley, Chrysa, IS, Sammys, love reading your posts and happy you are all here!

Eustacia, come on back, we miss you.

Went to a birthday party last night. 12 of us at happy hour. I took Kudzu before, had one margarita, thoroughly enjoyed sipping away at it. Someone ordered another round and I could not make it through the second one. Then six of us went back to the birthday girl's house for dinner. They brought out the vodka tonics and I went for water. I really didn't want any more at all. I had a really weird dream at five in the morning though, I was rifling through our liquor cabinet, just as thirsty as can be for straight vodka out of the bottle. WOW, vodka not even being my favorite. Pretty scary though as it felt super real. Have one more birthday party tonight, all the way across town so I am not sure I want to go do this. . . It is a large group of my girlfriends who drink copious amounts of alcohol. I guess I will see how I feel closer to party time. I felt true anxiety at 5 this morning. I feel quite happy with my life, waking crisp and happy every morning so maybe, I will let this group fall further into my past.

Have a great weekend!

Hugs and Love to all,
        Mary

Comment

sat 15 september

Happy Saturday everyone!

Just back from an early morning soccer game. We lost but it was a good game.

MKR, awesome job as usual on the moderating. Thankfully no braces for right now. They said to recheck in nine months. Very happy about that.

Beaches, Happy Bday to the twins. Hope the party is fun.

Betty, I will try not to rub it in your face but my husband came home with a set of scrubs that were worn on Grey's Anatomy. If they had been autographed by Dr. McDreamy I might have considered sending them to you, but they are not. My daughter might dress in scrubs for Halloween now.

Bear, 10k is amazing. I really, really, REALLY need to get exercising.

Going to a baseball game tonight but other than that laying low. Have a good weekend Modsters!!!
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

sat 15 september

Morning everybody - just reporting in, back from my trip to the big city. Survived the wake on 2 glasses of champagne between 1pm and 6pm and then had a glass of red with dinner later.

The fully-stocked mini bar in my hotel remained untouched. Wooohoooo!

Comment

sat 15 september

Hey Mods,
              Just a qiuk check in to say hi. Had a pretty good night @ work last night... hopefully things are finally slowing down for the season. It's by no means slow yet, but at least I didn't get stuck with a full bus load of 27 people all in my section like last week ... That's a bit over the top for one person all at once.
              Still not sure if the mngr was trying to kill me or make me quit. Hubby says I should take it as a compliment that she trusted me to handle it... WTF...it sucked. But they did say I did a good job, for whatever that's worth.
              OK enough about that. Thanks for letting me vent a bit.

Still not feeling too energetic, but at least I'm eating a little bit.

Oh! Good news! I guess my truck's finally ready! It was supposed to be a weekend job. It's been a month. Hopefully I'll get it back this weekend, maybe tomorro before Hubby goes golfing, he can drop me off, & I'll drive it home. That'll be nice to have rig back. I have this little car I bought to get to work, but I can't get my kayak in it, so it kinda has been imobilizing me a bit.

Hope everybody has a great weekend.

Love you ALL BUNCHES!!
              :l JUdie
              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

sat 15 september

Hi everyone nice to read and catch up on what you are all doing. Judie big hug and glad you and bungee are back.

See you later,
                Sammys

Comment

sat 15 september

Tawny...... Well done ........

Sammys nice to see you ............

Judie. Thanks for posting ..... I missed you ....... really .........

Lushy .......... Greys anatomy scrubs .......... If hate was an emotion that I used then I would be feeling it now .......

Next time i'm in Florida I will get an internal flight to see you ...........
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                  X