Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday September 18

Good morning everyone in Mod's land,

Hope you are all doing well today. It's a very cool morning here and I think Mother Nature is really trying to prepare us for winter. The shorts are slowly making their way to the back of the closet and the kids are getting really mad that I haven't let them in the pool lately. Don't want little popcicles running around.

I made a big decision not to partake in a parent training session that runs for 8 weeks yesterday because I was just feeling so overwhelmed with everything going on. I could see triggers flying up everywhere and that something needed to give so this was it. I figured it will come around again next year so I will do it then when hopefully things are calmer. We are still doing fundraising for my sons Autism Service Dog, getting on the Steering Committee at their school and figuring out how to be involved with the school. Also a lot of energy is being spent right now trying to get the right services set up for my son. He still doesn't have the same mode of teaching in kindergarten that he did the previous 2 years and I am meeting with the principals, consultant etc this week.

Have a great day everyone!!
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Tuesday September 18

Morning Beaches, and everyone else. Beaches, you are so smart to step away from something you knew would overwhelm you. I am sure it is a great program, but you have your priorities lined out already, and they are good ones. Good luck with all the teacher/administrator meetings. I hope they will be very productive for you.

I had a great pool workout/laps yesterday, and slept very well last night (that doesn't happen often) So I feel GREAT!! I am looking forward to another action packed day-hopefully I can fit a workout in somewhere-that helps SO much.

Everyone else, hope you have a great day-AND I hope you post here to tell us about it:H
    Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Tuesday September 18

Beaches, I am so glad you are listening to that inner voice. I have had that struggles as well. First, you have to learn to listen to it and the next step is to now NOT feel guilty about not taking on everything and then finally, actually feeling good about it. Whew.... Can be exhausting battling with yourself. I definately know where you are coming from!

As Jen would say, I am feeling BOUNCY...BOUNCY....BOUNCY....and no coffee...imagine!
      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Tuesday September 18

Hello ladies!!

As you know.. Ihave decided to do MODS. I went 24 days AF and have two trips planned over the next month. So, I really wnat to see if I can do this. I also started Weight Watchers to lost a pesky 18 pounds that has been haunting me (did it b4 and lost 16), so I can't have more than 1 or 2 glasses per night, and on three nights none at all. So I think that will also help! I have been sucessful for the past week and am very hopeful. I posted on my progress and the supps, etc., earlier today on the gen board, and Ihave to say I think they are working. So.. If you'll have me, I would love to check in and get some support and hopefuly some questions answered along the way.

Namaste,
        MM
        Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Tuesday September 18

hello missed Monday oops! all going well on mods front, one glass of wine sunday and none yesterday today as planned, have been smokign though so need to tackle that.
          also need to start exercising, I've not been too hot on that recently and I KNOW it makes everything better. Still i did one session last week.I may pull out of my planned 10k as my foot hurts when I run and it is putting huge mental pressure on me (6 weeks to go).
          I have done one before anyway.
          To be honest there's loads of cool classes at my gym that I'd rather do than that so I will focus on that as I will enjoy it more.The plan is 45 mins of cardio tonight, I know that I'll love it as soon as I start and it will refocus my non smoking ways.

I'm feeling much better in general today and I am starting to plan to mange work stress more effectively, not taking responsibility for others poor performance, and I'm not beating self up about mine being not 100% all the time.

anyway onward and upward, so all I have to focus on now is weight loss,moderation and not smoking - that's enough I think without stressing about training for a 10k as well in 6 weeks.
          happy Tuesday all, see you tomorrow x
          one day at a time

Comment

Tuesday September 18

Welcome MM and of course we would love to have you here!
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Tuesday September 18

:bump: to lose the wacko
              Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Tuesday September 18

Your bump must've worked PP, he's gone
                Bear, good for you deciding to do workouts that are fun and enjoyable. If it is no fun and you are hurting yourself to boot(the feet) you might not keep up with it. Find something you love to do so much that you HATE to miss it-that's how I feel about the pool. Good luck!

Comment

Tuesday September 18

Oops, I meant to say :welcome: MM, glad you are here with us!

Comment

Tuesday September 18

Great bumping PP! Everyone is doing so great with working out too. Now I gotta get in gear You would think chasing these kids around would help me drop a few here and there. Geez.

Comment

Tuesday September 18

Afternoon all!!! Everyone sounds good. I am looking forward to getting in a few AF days this week. Has been a while and I really need to lose some pounds as well. Exercise is also on the agenda. I am better at talking about it than doing it though.

Welcome MM!! Glad to have you in mods land! Gotta run. Hugs!!!
                      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tuesday September 18

HI, Boy we are a busy bunch, which is awesome. I am looking at my kitchen which has all my bedroom furniture in it, new carpet and paint this week.

Sammys

Comment

Tuesday September 18

Hi Mods Mamas! (& Pops if there are any)
                          Last night was our 7 yr Anniversary, feels like 5 minutes... ...

under water!

Unfortunately, I had to work. So we were thinking of celebrating tonight. But neither Hubby or myself are feeling too great, so maybe save it for another day.

I did finaly get my truck back though!:goodjob: It runs great! Like having a new one.
                          I now own 2 cars. Kinda embarrasing. I bought the old Tempo just to get me to work while my truck was getting worked on, but it gets such great mileage, I'm now considering keeping it.

Funny to think, when I first moved back to Oregon, I was living in my Brother's spare room, no driver's licence (because of a DUI), no car, no job, no self esteem or respect, definetly no Hubby...not to mention a home!
                          I did have a dog that loved me...:h And my Family...
                          My how things have changed!
                          Guess ya could say I have A LOT TO BE GRATEFUL FOR!!
                          Have a great day everybody!
                          big hugs!
                          Judie
                          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Tuesday September 18

wow..everyone seems to be working the program so to speak & doing well ..always improving and being sane about it..I like it here i n Mods.... I am being very productive & head in good place ....even though I have a cold & hip pain & oh ....can't really remember why I ordered these now ..but I have olmifon (adranifil)...to make you feel awake & sharp...RJ recommended in her book to offset topa dopa...well I only took one & could not sleep last night....funny..each of these things affect me more these days...that may be a good sign of health ..I don't know....

Beaches -- good call Hon...at some point in my life as my kids got older I learned to say "no"...I just needed to..and I did not even lose any friends a s a result

guess I missed the whacko...that's fine..unless its me....:nutso:

Comment

Tuesday September 18

Jude .. you sound good...be happy ...you did it girl....youhave a fine life..the universe is with you

sammys..I continue to feel horrible fo ryou..this too shall pass...I don't think we are being sensitive enought to what hell you are going through -- are we??

Comment

Working...
                              X