thu 19 september

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thu 19 september

Hello, well drank a whole bottle of wine on wed - trigger feeling blue and not really knowing if I wanted to see people or not, I had a good time but felt rubbish and bloated afterwards.
    I've been smoking since Saturday too which I need to stop, I don't want to smoke I also want to go on the pill and I'm 34 and slightly overweight so that's a good incentive.
    As well as not dying and having aging skin before my time!
    Anyway , work has calmed down a bit now, lots to do still but not so much aggressive/threatening people about (I work in customer services).
    good day all and I will keep focusing on this, I've just joined a virtual weight loss group with 2 friends so hopefully that will focus me.
    good day all
    one day at a time

thu 19 september

You see, there is a choice for all who aspire to live in abundance, that only the wisest ever perceive.

You can visualize a life in which you possess fabulous wealth.

Or...

You can visualize a life in which you are creatively fulfilled, with fantastic work, dancing in the marketplace... and you possess fabulous wealth.

Do you see the oh-so-subtle difference?

I see you as the dancing sort,
    ****The Universe

Good morning Bear and all,

Bear, I am sorry that you feel blue. I think it is tough to do both AF and quitting smoking all at once Bear. Your body can only take so much change. I was moderating fairly well for months before I took on the smoking issues. It also allowed me to cut back to under five cigarettes a day. Every little bit helps propel you forward when you can set small goals and stick to them, pretty soon, you feel more confident to go a bit more and voila! you have reached your goals, big ones included! You can do this!!

Beaches, I am so sorry about your son. I was so hoping this was the plan and the perfect school for him. Change is super tough on autistic kids as it was on my younger sister with manic depression. You are both in my thoughts and prayers dear girl.

PP, you too. My nephew is ADHD. A very delicate balancing act to get the meds just right. I am cheering you on.

BB, you too, I am hoping Kerrie is doing well. The lounge sounds great and it is always good to be on the almost finished end of a house remodel/update.

Sammys, I love to paint, call me crazy! Glad you are getting the whole project finished up also! Hope you have a fabulous trip!

Amethyst - GREAT JOB!! being AF for a couple weeks will have you knowing you can do it and it gets easier with time!

Jesse - welcome! Glad you are here. Yes, Lushy is very good at bitch slapping you if you need it!!

Lushy dear - WAHOOOOOOOO!! AF, I know you can do as many of these as you want. Good for you.

Judie we missed you so very much, glad you are back!!

It has been a crazy couple weeks, three asap's cropped up this weekend on some of my best clients. Whatcha going to do but pull it off for them??!!

I went to a cocktail party this evening for the 7th annual Celebration of Excellent Women. It is full day celebration with 75+ booths, showcasing women's businesses. Attendance is usually 300 + people. This year is the first year they decided to choose 6 women to honor as "Excellent Women." Yours truly is one of them! The six of us were called up last night and given awards and a banner a la Miss America that says Excellent Woman. They said the criteria was women who upheld a standard of honesty, integrity, quality in their work ethic, see more and share their vision with others while giving back to the community. I was so touched to be in such awe inspiring company! So am doing time as rep for a couple booths today and then wandering to help mentor newer business owners, should be a fun day!

Anywho, not knowing sort of how the evening was going to go, what was expected per se. I was thinking I was taking kudzu and instead I took 3 L-gluts before I left. I drank water all evening and never had a thought of I would sure like a glass of wine. I think that L-glut may be key for all looking to get over that AF day hump. Although I am not sure you are suppose to take so much L-glutamine.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!
    Lots of love and hugs,
    Mary

Comment

thu 19 september

Good morning Everyone!

Bear good luck with the weight group and I'm sure you will get back on track. Be good to yourself.

Mary-Congrats to you and I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU. I can't imagine a better choice than you for this award. You have always been so honest, caring and wonderful to all of us here so I can only imagine what you do for your community and the people you work with. Enjoy your day, you so deserve it.
      RE: the LGlut-I have taken 2 at a time never three. I'm not sure about the amounts. I am sure Lushy will know though. She knows all about that stuff.

Today is our meeting with the school so hopefully we will get things calmed down for my son and for me. PP I hope your son is doing better too.

Hope you have a great day everyone!!
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

thu 19 september

Good Morning,

Mary -- Congratulations!!! How wonderful. And it is all true what they said -- you are truly a person of integrity & honesty & now we see you give everywhere you go. Makes perfect sense.

Catching up reading here. You guys are always good inspiration & reminders. I had forgotten about the l-glut. Thx. Congrats to you Lushy. Well done. I need to do that again too!!

You busy Moms. Wow I remember those hectic first few wks of school. I loved it though. Looking back I wonder how I had the energy to do all that. You are amazing.

Feeling down today -- hopefully it will get better. Coming here helped already.

Keep on...

Comment

thu 19 september

Hello All .....

Bear, hope you feel happier soon, good luck with the weight loss ....

Mary, Congratulations!! On the award, you really do deserve it, and the AF .... Thanks for asking about Kerrie, she has been pretty good recently ...

Beaches, hope the meeting at school goes OK ....

Chrysa, Sending hugs to lift you up .....

Lushy, I will be posting pics just as soon as I find new curtains that I like ...

Love & Hugs to everyone else too .
          sigpicXXX

Comment

thu 19 september

Mary that is so cool, you are a woman of excellence it shows in how you are on this site.

Glad to see so many of us up and busy this morning.

Off to work
            Sammys

Comment

thu 19 september

Good morning lovelies
              Mary - congrats - I know you deserve it - you are one special woman. As for the L-Glut I agree this is a miracle amino. I take about 6 of them a day (2 first thing before breakfast, two half an hour before lunch and two an hour before dinner) and it has worked wonders. I am day 19 AF! Never been this long...and I feel really good.
              All who are feeling blue - I hope you feel better and things look up. I am thinking about you.
              Well another busy day and I should get to it but I love you all
              Hugs
              Jen
              Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

thu 19 september

Whew, y'all sure do get going early!!!! I stumbled to my computer in a pre-coffe fog, and wham-everybody is up and at it! Anyways-just have a minute-working early this morning-I'll write more later. Just want to say way to go Mary- we knew it all the time. And Chrysa, I'll be thinking of you today-hope you feel better. And Beaches-hope the meeting goes well. Everyone else-I'll get to your stuff this afternoon! :h
                Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

thu 19 september

Mary, a big huge congratulations to you! What an honor. It seems it would be more sentimental coming from other women as well.

Beaches, hope you meeting goes well and is a truly productive one.

Chrysa, hope you feel better soon! Your meet up in NY is Sunday right? That is something to get excited about.

Well, my son did not fair so well on his 1st day with the meds. I gave it to him and then took him to work with me to observe him. He did focus and get his work done without complaint but, refused to eat anything for lunch, had to urinate 10 times, and threw up all over my car on the ride back from lunch and the ride home. I started to think about a glass of wine but, quickly dismissed it. I still have 2 more kids that needed their mom and help with their homework. To relieve the stress, I did my 4 mile run and took calmes forte. This morning I gave him 1/2 of the dose so I hope today is a better day for him.
                  Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

thu 19 september

Morning everyone,

So fun to see so many people here already!!!

Mary, I am so proud of you but not surprised you got that award. You have worked your butt off and you are such a kind soul. That is a great combination. Congrats!

Jenneh, so glad to see you around. And 19 days? Awesome!

PP, I am so sorry your son is having such a time of it. Yesterday sounds so challenging. I am so impressed you did not cave in to drinking.

Chrysa, sorry to hear you are down. If there is any way we can help let us know.

Beaches, I hope you get the answers you want and need at the meeting today. Let us know how it goes.

Bear, having a support group to lose weight sounds like a good thing. Be easy on yourself. You are trying to do a lot of things at once with drinking, smoking and weight loss. That can be daunting.

Amethyst, Betty and Sammy, nice to hear from you all!

Regarding the l-glut I take 5 grams a day (I take the powder form and it comes with a scoop that I put in with my All-one in the morning). That equals 6000 mg I believe, so about what Jen takes. I think I need to start taking it in the afternoon again though to help with the cravings. I notice a huge difference when I take it in the afternoon with the Kudzu. It is the one amino acid that is used in rehab centers a lot from what I have heard.

Have a great day!!!
                    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

thu 19 september

I am so happy to see we are busy around here again.

Amethyst you made my laugh about seeing all the people here so early and I had a vision of you in your pajamas, with your coffee and your hair all ruffled and squinting to be sure you really saw so many people already here. HA I know I have a whole little world in my mind.

Lushy-Thank you so much for starting the thread in GD about Alec's dog. I really appreciate it and you!

Jen it is really nice to see you around again. I just think of someone bouncy and cheerful everytime I see you show up.

Chrysa I hope you are feeling better and happier soon.

PP I hope today goes better for you and your son too. I am also very proud of you for not caving and going to run instead. You are a very strong woman. I am headed out in about 20 min to my sons meeting.

BB I am really glad to hear that Kerrie is doing better right now

Sammy are you ready for that vacation???

Have a great rest of your day friends!!
                      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

thu 19 september

Bounce Bounce Bounce BOUNCE!!!

RAH RAH RAHHHHH!

Love Jen
                        Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

thu 19 september

Jen are you on the caffeine again .........
                          sigpicXXX

Comment

thu 19 september

Oh I love the bouncy Jen!

Comment

Working...
                            X