Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday October 4th

Hello Modsters,

Hope you all are doing well today. Today is supposed to be pretty hot here and just like a summer day. Our last taste before the full swing of Fall sets in I would imagine.

I am really looking forward to this weekend because the kids will be out on respite on Saturday then on Sunday my hubbie is taking them pumpkin picking so I will have some time alone in the house to get some cleaning and down sizing done. I need to get this house cleaned so I can get it in some kind of order to video tape it for 4 Paws. They want a video of every room before they even consider placing the service dog with us. Eeek.

I made it through Day 3 AF....woo hoo. Haven't been able to make it past the third day in FOREVER.

Have a great day.
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Thursday October 4th

Good morning Beaches and fellow modsters!

I have been reading a lot lately but not posting, and surprise, not doing such a great job moderating...Want to get back on track. I have come to the conclusion that my weight is not going to budge until I cut way back on both food and drink. You know when you do an hour of cardio every day and strength training or pilates 4 times per week and don't lose weight...well you know.

I am loosely following Bob Greene's best life diet and really should follow his advice of no alcohol for 8 weeks. I am not sure I am ready for that though. I am aiming for AF today. Upon reflection (suggested in his book), I realized that a lot of my eating and drinking are out of pure boredom. I need to do something about that.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day!

Comment

Thursday October 4th

Morning Beaches and Ducky! WOW Beaches- a video of each room-:shocked: I would have to do remedial room readying! Good luck with that. I always kind of enjoy that. Congrats on the 3 days as well.

Ducky, good to hear from you. I know about the working out hard and no weight lost- for me it is the wine-no doubt. I have discovered that even if I am good, and account for the wine calories, my body holds on to the calories harder. I just read that alcohol actually depresses the metabolism, so it is possible to eat the right amount of calories, get the right amount of cardio/weights, and still not be able to lose weight because the metabolism is slowed waaay down. Sounds right to me. So, This AF in October should haelp me drop a few...I hope.

I went to friends house for a long weekend-they are non drinkers. Boy was that an eye opener. One night they invited 2 others over for dinner, and 1 regular bottle of wine was opened for us. She poured 1 small glass for each of us, re-corked the bottle, and put it in the fridge. I was thinking 1 bottle for 3 people-then it was 1 small glass per person. I was shocked I tell you:H But it made me see how a non drinker or a non problem drinker views proportions and amounts. I was equally shocked at the portions of food served. A *small* amount was placed on each plate, then the plates were set on the table. No one went back for seconds for anything. There was never any snacking either. No wonder she never has a problem with her weight!!! I have over indulged for years in food and wine! Portion control is my problem

Well that was longer than intended, so off I go. Hope all have a great day, and stick to your goals. I have not been completely AF as planned for the month so far, but have been DF, so my goal is to remain AF the rest of the month.
      Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Thursday October 4th

Wow, Amethyst, I can identify with the small glass of wine story. I have the same awareness when I go to someone's home and they pour what I consider small glasses, which are normal glasses. Then if I finish and they don't refill....makes you see what this alcohol thing does to you. I like to have plenty of food and wine too; that's the problem. I read the same thing about alcohol depressing the metabolism so let's see what happens when we cut down.

Comment

Thursday October 4th

Beaches, congratulations on AF day 4! Day 3 is always hard for me as well. You're going to have to tie up those three children and stick them in a closet or something after you finish cleaning and before you finish taking the video. Mine are always building something out of my living room furniture and cushions and left to their own devices their bathroom could be in a house of horrors.

Ducky, lovely to see you again. Don't become a stranger to the boards. We all have our ups and downs. No shame in that.

Amethyst, glad you had a great weekend. Bet you woke up feeling refreshed and ready to face a fun filled day though.

I was AF last night and have a busy day here at work. I have two really great candidates coming in for job positions so, it will be great to fill those spots before my vacation. On a slightly humorous note. Government inspectors just left my office and are granting my program a substance abuse license. How ironic is that. Now I have to hire a substance abuse counselor. Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the fall for that interview.
          Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Thursday October 4th

Nice to see you again Ducky. Yes please stick around!

Amethyst glad you had a nice weekend. I am always fascinated when I visit friends to see how differently they live then I do. I also wonder what they think of us...a mad house I am sure.

PP I would love to be a fly on the wall Excited for that cruise?????

Have a great day!
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Thursday October 4th

Hi everyone,

Welcome back Ducky. I was wondering where you were the other day.

Congrats to all of you and your AF days. Very inspiring to moi!

We are leaving tomorrow to close up our cabin for the season. Sad to close it up, but will be nice to spend some quiet time up there. Will be back Monday night. Everyone behave while I am gone please. Hugs all the way around!!!
              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Thursday October 4th

just checking in

Hi all, I just re-started this program and was browsing around, wanted to say HI to all you that I remember, and introduce myself, as I may end up here (OR ABS, cannot tell which best fits as I have 3 AF Days so far..........):new:

I aim to try to stay AF today, but it is nice to know I can try mods if not able to stay any long term abs, AA has rubbed me the wrong way again, tried and tried and failed now for too long, so that is what has brought me back to this positive, helpful, spiritual (if you will) place!! Thanks JR, and all of you !!:h :thanks: :l

MA
                :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Thursday October 4th

Cowgal, welcome to mods, Ducky lovely to see you back ...

Hi to everyone else, would love to address you all individually but I really don't have the time ....

I'm finally back at home, but exhausted. Worked all day in office and then did my Slimming Class, which was lovely..... However at the end of class I was loading up the car, 3 teenagers came out of the venue, obviously high on drugs of some sort, shouting and swearing. We watched them cross the road and thought that they going into another pub but one of them dropped to the floor! I went into my venue and told the manager that they were possibly taking drugs on the premises and when I described the teenager I was told that he is a known epileptic and was probably having a seizure .....

I promptly got into the car and drove over to check him over, and he was just coming round after the seizure, guess what he said when I stopped ???? F**K OFF YOU NOSEY BAG!!!!!!

So much for trying to help someone .....

Anyway, love & hugs to everyone here ..........

BB :h :l :h
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

Thursday October 4th

Geez Paula, I'm so sorry that you had to deal with that punk. What a clueless little twerp. Then again he might not have even known what he was saying @ that point either...
                    I do know when I've had seizures, it takes quite a while to really "come back". I didn't even know who my Hubby was for a while...(just a few minutes?). But I wasn't aware that I'd even had a seizure. I just started cleaning up the house, wondering why the coffee table was knocked over & the plates were on the floor...

Still, I'm sorry you had to be there for that, especially with everything you have going on already.

Brain mis-fires are such a strange phenomenem.

PP- let us know how your interview goes. Do ya need help with a question list? What is abusive.. how much? How often? Are ya sure?
                    Is it considered abuse if ya don't get caught?
                    Why?

I got my hair cut today. But only a few inches. It sure feels better. Now I just need a face lift!
                    Oh well, I've earned every grey hair & wrinkle I have... guess I'll keep em!

Hope every body's having a great day!

Big Hugs,
                    Judie
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Thursday October 4th

Hey all,

Beaches, YEAH 4 DAYS!!! Good Job!! the video, I remember always trying against the tide to have the perfect home. . . sigh. You can do that too though!

Ducky, great to see you back! We have missed you. Stay with us!

PP. how ironic is life?!! Glad you are getting some help in there.

Lushy, sorry about closing the cabin, but enjoy it . . .we will of course miss you and we will behave as much as you will!

Amethyst, I think it gets harder as you get past ten years old!! The metabolism slows even if you are cardio and what not. Does put drinking in perspective though huh?

Cowgirl, WELCOME aboard! You can figure it out as you go along.

BB, that was horrible for you to go through. Tomorrow is the big day for Kerrie's results? If so, best of results on that. (If I have the wrong day just put it to me hanging around my mom and the dementia rubbing off on me!)

Judie, dear, scary stuff on your seizures I am so glad you have not had those seizures for a long time. You sound like you must be feeling better today.

Had a change in schedule today. Went for a doctors appointment early this morning, they innocently asked me if I wanted a flu shot. Thinking I can expose my mom to stuff without catching it myself, I decided to get one. YUCK, been sick to my stomach and headachy all day. Cancelled my clients and a lunch and just now cancelled an evening meeting. Can't drive across town and even think about looking at food. i understand they really do not give you the flu but GEEZ I feel like . . .

Hugs and Love to all,
                      Mary

Comment

Thursday October 4th

Mary, yes it is tomorrow ...... thanks so much for thinking about us ....
                        sigpicXXX

Comment

Thursday October 4th

Mary, Hope ya feel better soon. I've always been leary of something that makes you sick right off the bat, like that, when it's supposed to be preventative...?

BB, been thinking of you & Kerrie, keeping you close in my :h

Finally gonna celebrate our anniversary tonight. (3 weeks late) Guess I'll go find something to wear to dinner...
                          I bought a little girl's vampiress dress yesterday @ the drug store... it's pretty cute w/ fishnet stockings! Maybe I'll save that for later though... Although it does look pretty dressy!
                          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Thursday October 4th

Have a great celebration Judie.

BB, fingers crossed for tomorrow. Hope all goes well.

AF tonight. First one in a while. Better go to bed before I change my mind, lol.

Comment

Working...
                            X