X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday October 10th

Hello Modster's

How is everyone today?

I have an all day training on Early Intervention (services for children 0-3) so that will be interesting then back home. My daugther had to start riding the "big bus" yesterday and was a little freaked at first. She was riding a minivan in with my son but they had to pick up another child with special needs so she got bumped. She did great. Of course, again, I was more nervous than she was.

So far this month I have had more AF days than not so I am pretty proud of that. Haven't been able to say that in oh ever.

Have a great day.
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Wednesday October 10th

Good morning mods!

Beaches that is so wonderful!! You are doing so well!!! WAHOOOOOOO!!! Very cute on your daughter! You are a wonderful mom and the day to day worries are always there . . . even as they get older. I just love that you are not resorting to drinking to deal with worries.

Saw a very cool show last night on PBS entitled "The Art of Aging." They showed MRI's of people 98-103. Some interesting points that came from all of it was that exercising, it was never too late and if you stopped something and went back ten years later to that exercise program your brain benefit from it. Your overall health of course benefit from it. Those who have stayed quite involved with a job or hobby specifically kept that brain looking young. I thought everyone here who has ever had that thought of wow, what have I done to my body and I have ruined it forever could take some pleasure from hearing you can heal and go forward. The brain fires up and stays young when challenged, but not really stressed and over challenged, they showed if you went too far your brain just shut down.

So, EVERYTHING IN MODERATION!!
    Hope you all have a wonderful day and reach your goals.

Hugs and Love,
    Mary

PS: Looking for Lushy, she should be back right? Hope you had a great trip.

Comment

Wednesday October 10th

Good morning Beaches and Mary and all the rest of you Modsters!

Beaches, way to go on the AF days. I need more of them.

Mary, that show sounded great. Martha Stewart is doing a show on aging today. Not sure if I can catch it but I am going to try.

How is everyone?

Comment

Wednesday October 10th

Morning! I am here.

Beaches, I am so impressed with your AF days. You are doing great. My daughter's school does not offer buses so we drive her every day. Better for my anxiety level. They need seat belts on those darn buses.

MKR, I wish I had seen that special but I am hoping they will rerun it. I find all of that so fascinating, not to mention very encouraging. I will exercise today.

Ducky, hope you have a nice day.

Hard to be back after a nice weekend away. It was so beautiful and peaceful.

Happy Hump Day to all to come!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wednesday October 10th

Mornin' Modsters!
          I can actually see a bit of sun peaking thru this morning! Not too much yet... there's hope...

Welcome back Lushy!:welcome: I'll bet the cabin's beautiful.

MKR- I finally got on the stairmaster & x-bike yesterday for a while. I kept waiting for the sun to come back out... but decided I couldn't wait any longer. Still haven't put the kayak away, for the winter, there's still hope.

Beaches-Great job on the AF days. I'm still sipping along... But nothing like the old days. The L-glut, Subliminal & Hypno CD's seem to help, as well as topa. Hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying that... Don't want to get too sure of myself...and land on my face!

Ducky- Always great to see you. How are ya doing?

I had kind of a dull headache all day yesterday. I'm so glad it's gone today. Sometimes that's how my migraines start... Thank God this time it's not!

Had a fun floating /flying dream. I was waiting tables...but it wasn't a stress dream(they usually are when waitressing is involved!) I was waiting on these good looking guys, and I started floating up in the air... the other waitress had to pull me back down!:H
          There have been some good looking men in lately! LOL
          And it hasn't been as crazy busy, so it's a bit nicer @ work....

Hope everybody has a great day!

Big Hugs,
          Judie
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Wednesday October 10th

hello everyone - well day 4 af for me today, still smoking but one thing at a time!
            Trying to diet too and have trimmed my calories substantially sonce Sunday - need to limit chocolate though - gym on Friday afternoon, got a half day - just too tired at the moment, still I cycle to and from work so not too bad.getting there at least - eating 4-5 fruit and veg a day and drinking water, not too much coffee and my booze intake is going ok.

hope all are well, really need this to help me focus and inspire me.
            see you soon very busy at the moment so a flying visit x
            one day at a time

Comment

Wednesday October 10th

Hi everyone, back and married. I have a really good time and I have informed my husband that he is in charge of the big decisions and I am in charge of the small decisions, but I am the one who decides whats a big decision and what is a small decision.

Missed everyone, had very little to drink the whole time. I think its because I felt like I had you all in my back pocket.

XXX
              Sammys

Comment

Wednesday October 10th

Awwwwe congrats sammys!!!

You are now a married woman who is no longer living in sin! :H

I hope you had a great time. Good plan with the delegation of decision making in the sammys household.

:l

Comment

Wednesday October 10th

Hey y'all. Jut popping in for a quick read-gotta go to work soon-
                  Just wanted to say Congratulations Sammys!!!!:h :h
                  Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Wednesday October 10th

Sammys, You did it!CONGRATULATIONS!!:flower: inkele: urgirl: I hope you're as happy as we are...(at least most of the time)

I like your decision plan...:goodjob:
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Wednesday October 10th

Hello - SAMMYS - MANY CONGRATUALATIONS!!! I too, hope you are very happy together... and I absolutely love the decision making tactic! If he's a wise, to be married long and happy man, he will agree!

Beaches, congrats on those days. Great.
                      Lushy - your cabin looks sooooh beautful...is that where you were?
                      Judie - I haven't had a flying dream since I was a child but I can still remember it vividly! I loved it! Doesn't it mean something? Don't know what!
                      AFM - hows you doing... and everyone I've missed?

I went to my navigation class tonight after being in town and buying some of the Carling C2 someone (sorry! Rude of me to forget....) suggested. Brought it home and put it in the larder. Went to class, came back and put on the supper. Poured a half a tin and sipped while it was cooking. Didn't want more, didn't feel at all p'd (!?! but, you know, not a tinest thing and glad of it) and felt just so b**** "normal" buying, carrying home, pouring and drinking something with 'the stuff' in it with no guilt!!! Well, that's not happened for an awful long time! Some relief I can say! (With the grateful knowledge of just what can happen if....so I am still well aware of that 'if'!! But without all the terrors fed in by AA....I felt such despondency there...)

Hope that makes some sort of sense - my brains not working too well tonight and it's not the half tin of 2%!!! It's navigating around a classroom on Admiralty charts with 'maff's being expected of my non-mathematical brain!! Eeeek! Don't sail with me!

Love to all - going to shut up now!
                      FMF xx
                      :heart: c: :heart:
                      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Working...
                      X