Wednesday, October 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday, October 24th

Ask any question, just before you sleep, and it will be answered.

Actually, you can ask any question, any time you like, and you'll be answered, but mornings your "hearing" is often best.

The Universe
    --------------------------------

Good morning modsters!

Waves great to see you yesterday, so glad to hear you have a few days off. I miss you!

Ducky how did it go yesterday? having some peaceful alone time right now? I have always rather enjoyed that myself.

Det, I think you are doing fantastic. You sound as those feeling so good on Monday morning will propel you through to many more abs and mods days. I think that feeling did for me, rather euphoric eh?

Lorilee, Det is right about emotions flying all over at the start of this. I hope you are feeling better today. My world always looks more reasonable after a really good nights sleep. (Need your meds though. My husband is on antidepressants and I can tell you within one to two days if he has missed his dosage, it is that critical.) Being an expert witness, pretty cool stuff!!

Amethyst, you sound good. Glad to see that! I like tofu too. . . Have to say from a commercial artwork stand point, your avatar couldn't be a worse photo for promoting the product Det!

Sammys, second most normal . . .Am I first? What did I miss!

Judie, so glad the otter link worked! It is awesome, anyone who has the time should go check out Otter Creek thread. I LOVE it!!

Lushy, where are you? and Beaches, and BB and Tawny and PP . . all the rest? Come back!

Well, I have not received the results of all the tests last week, so my patience is wearing fairly thin. Did see the orthopedic surgeon yesterday and provided everything else is good, I will have orthoscopic surgery on my knee. I am actually looking forward to it, I may be able to scale the mountain next year!

Busy day ahead and I played hooky from my early morning meeting.

Hugs to all,
    Mary

Wednesday, October 24th

Mary, hope you get good news soon. I hate waiting for test results. Yesterday went fine; our guest just left and my hubbie left early this morning. I am TIRED. I cooked up a storm -- homemade smoked trout dip, a nice salad, a tomato and gruyere tart, chocolate cake and mint ice cream (made with real mint leaves). I have lots of leftovers and the house to myself for two days!!!!!!!!!!! I love my hubbie but I was single for 15 years between my first and second marriage and although i was really lonely I now sometimes miss being alone...go figure.

Lorelei, are you feeling better today?

Hi to everyone who checks in later.

Comment

Wednesday, October 24th

Had my weekly meeting with my therapist this morning. He is using rational emotive therapy with me. I haven't heard much about it but from what I can tell so far it will work well with my personality type. Hopefully I will get the opportunity to stop by the bookstore before I leave today and pick up a book on the subject.

Remember - the thought comes first, the emotion comes second. Are you thinking irrationally?

MKR - What do they need to fix in your knee? I had knee surgery many years ago and while it fixed the immediate problem I did not do the recommended PT and I am suffering for it now. Remember whatever you do...do your PT!!!

Ducky - Can I come to your house for dinner? I love to cook as well so I'd imagine we'd whip up quite the feast! One day I'll have to get around to posting some things in the recipe corner.

Judes - Great pictures, the place looks awesome.

I'll be popping in and out today as I am in the office to get some work done prior to my travel. Hopefully I'll get the chance see some of the local sights and snap some photos of my own. I am looking forward to checking out some of the local fare. Can anyone recommend and places for Good Eats?

-lorelei
      Suddenly I see
      This is what I want to be
      suddenly I see
      Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Wednesday, October 24th

Morning y'all! AF last night. I feel great, but slept horribly . Oh well..
        Mary, hope the test results come quickly. I hate waiting for those! Good luck on the upcoming surgery. Let us know.
        Ducky-wow-that sounds like quite a spread! I know what you mean about enjoying the aloneness-for a while. It is the variety I like. Sometimes I just need to be alone to totally recharge.
        Lorelei- you sound better today. Hope your upcoming trip is productive, and that you can sneak in something fun and/or relaxing for you as well!
        I am thinking of all the modsters, and hope all are having a great day!:h
        Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Wednesday, October 24th

Hi All, MKR I am here .........

I have to admit that I've been really busy with work and my upcoming halloween ball that I organise and host every year, I'm very particular that everything is 'just so' and the one lady that has helped out for years is on bed rest at at the minute with high BP during the last few weeks of pregnancy, so i've had to do twice as much aaaarrrrggggg .........

I've been checking in here but as I've not had time to keep up properly and respond to you all i'm afraid i've not posted at all .......

I felt bad being selfish and not supporting everyone .....

Love & Hugs to you all ........
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Wednesday, October 24th

Morning everyone!

MKR, Argh! You have waited long enough. Maybe no news is good news? Can you call and find out when you might be getting the results? It would be nice to have this all behind you.

Ducky, your meal sounded fabulous. I am passionate about cooking. Would love if you shared your smoked trout dip.

Lorelei, glad you sound better today. Sounds like your therapist is sort of using the positive thinking approach as well. Think positive and the emotions will be positive. Hard to do sometimes but well worth the effort.

Waves, so nice to see you yesterday. You are missed around here.

Betty, will you be dressing as Betty Boop for Halloween? Sounds like you are busy but having fun with it all. Hope you will post pictures!

Amethyst, good job on an AF night. Have you ever tried the Calms Forte? I have tried it a few times and I think it really helped with the sleep.

Beaches, your mood says you are sick? Hope you feel better soon.

Nothing much for me to report today. I still don't have our Halloween decorations up so guess that will be my project for the day.

Have a great day everyone!
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wednesday, October 24th

Here is the dip Lushy. It's a cinch to make and everyone loves it. I use very high quality vacuum sealed smoked trout filets I get from our local gormet store. I usually just serve it on crackers and the recipe doubles easily for a crowd.

Smoked Trout Dip
              From Food Network Kitchens

1 boneless smoked trout, (about 8 ounces)
              1/2 cup cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup sour cream

1 tablespoon prepared horseradish

1 tablespoon minced red onion

1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley

1/2 lemon, juiced

4 ribs celery, cut into sticks

1 endive, separated into leaves

Discard the head, and skin and flake the trout fillets. Puree the cream cheese, sour cream, and horseradish in a mini food processor. Add the fish and pulse to a make a smooth dip. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the onion and parsley, and the lemon juice, to taste. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Serve with celery or endive leaves.

Comment

Wednesday, October 24th

ducky recipe sounds super yummy .
                I am feeling mellow today. nothing extraordinary to tell.
                send everyone at mods my love

Trix
                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Wednesday, October 24th

Thank you so much Ducky. Looks delish!!!
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wednesday, October 24th

Hi ya Mondsters!

Ducky that trout dip sounds a lot like my Sis in Law's salmon dip, she makes. It's really yummy. I'll have to try it w the trout! There's a lot of trout around here too.

MKR- I had some orthoscopic surgury on my knee years ago, not reconsructive though. They just went in & trimmed the miniscus. I'm wishing I'd gone ahead & had the reconstructive now, as it still pops out when it decides to.. I don't have an ACL (not much if any)in my left knee, anymore.
                    Hope you get your other results back soon. I hate waiting.

Lorelei- Glad to hear, your feeling a bit better. Where did you say you're going for your trip?

Lushy- get on it w/those decorations already! Hah! I had my witch on the door last week , but had to take her down because of the storm... guess I can put her back up now... it's been sunny the past 3 days! But I've been busy playing!

Betty B- Love you Sweetie. Busy or not!:h

Amethyst- Maybe you can sneak in a cat nap today... Hope you sleep better tonight. I've been having weird dreams. But I usually do.

Trixie- Enjoy your melow yellow day! We've got lots of yellow maple trees in full color here.

Hubby fixed my truck for me!! Finally after 2 1/2 mo... $5oo & a mechanic... My Hubby pulls thru with the final loving touch it needed! It runs great & no more screeching belt!
                    It's so nice to have my truck back.:l I can drive right out on the gravel bar on the river, with my kayak! Yesterday I just went & hung out by the river for a while with Bungee, watching the birds, and checking out the fall colores, blowing huge wonder bubbles on the water...throwing sticks...
                    Life is good

Have a great day everybody.
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Wednesday, October 24th

Jude - I'm going to St Louis, MO.

Great news about your truck!!
                      Suddenly I see
                      This is what I want to be
                      suddenly I see
                      Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Wednesday, October 24th

Hey Modsters,
                        Quick check in for me. We are battleing off the stomach bug here. Yesterday was the worst for me and had a close relationship with the porcelain king and now think I pulled out my back from the heaving. UGH. So far only one kid has gotten it and keeping my fingers crossed that will be it.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
                        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Wednesday, October 24th

Beaches, sorry to hear you are under the weather. I am a control freak so I HATE to vomit! Hope the bug doesn't spread any further. Feel better.

Comment

Wednesday, October 24th

Hi Modsters,
                            I haven't checked in a lot lately as I had to deal with major dramas in my life. I just wanted to say hi to everyone, oh, I cannot remember all of you just now. Please don't feel slighted if I don't mention you by name.
                            Just wanted to let MKR know that I had that surgery years ago, after a downhill skiing accident. It was miraculous. 15 minutes after I came too, they had me walking around my bed and there was absolute silence from my knee - not a creek, not a crunch. I wish you all the best Mary and the rest of you.
                            Lori
                            *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X