• Show
Clear All

Favourite Christmas present

Hi all,

Christmas presents can be big or small,
    Expensive or cost nothing at all
    Recovery from illness or simply a smile
    Can beat expense by many a mile.

I was given a photo of my grand-daughter peeping over the edge of her cot with the most excited, joyful ( "I am so happy just to wake up") look. I love it.

Love to all as always
    Waves
    Enough is enough

Waves,

I have to add mine here, although it was a gift from me to my son and ultimately his gift to me.

We had decided to do small, inexpensive gifts to each other because we had some unexpected heavy duty costs just prior to Christmas.

As I was running around on Christmas Eve trying to tie up the loose ends for the grandkids (they come first, adults very last and all of us in my family agree with that), I spied a really pretty box at Dillard's that said "Personal Groomer."

I "assumed" (ass out of you and me) that is meant one of those grooming kits for men with beards, etc.

Christmas morning, we were opening the gifts and I very proudly handed my son his. (He has a beard) and said "open this, you will love it."

Okay, it turned out to be a NOSE HAIR TRIMMER!! Nothing else.

Luckily, I gave birth to a child with a tremendous and beautiful sense of humor!! He asked me "Are you trying to tell me something?," laughing the whole time. He immediately "knew" what I was really tring to give him and understood the faux pas.

It ended up being the entire family's "favorite" gift. Just think how blessed I am to have people who know me enough to understand.

That was the gift. Love and understanding despite all.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

The adults don't exchange gifts in my family but my real treat was seeing my daughters face when she came downstairs in the morning and screamed "Santa did come" she was shaking she was so happy!
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Beaches,

Aaawwww.

So grateful Santa came to your house for her...

Love,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Mine was the look on Kerrie's face when she saw the presents, It will probably be the last year that she believes so it was really special ..........

BB xx
          sigpicXXX

Comment

Betty,

I still THINK IT IS SPECIAL, and I am 51 years old.

Make sure Kerrie understands the true meaning of Christmas, and she will think it is special forever.

My kids do. They are 28 and 26 years old.

We had a "short" year on gifts due to some pressing financial issues and yet the kids still enjoyed and loved every minute of it. (The grandkids and the kids, just one present per.)

OMG!! I think we might not have had any gifts under the tree and the grandkids and the kids the the grownups would still have been grateful.

We were together...

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Two things.... (by the way, I love this thread!)

My nine y/o son lost his present that he got for me, and didnt realize until after the morning hoopla was over, and his gift was no where to be found. So we all went on a hunt, and could not find it. He got tears in his eyes and I hugged him and assured him it would turn up and be all the more special when it did, and that it HAD to be somewhere! So last night we were leaving to go over to friend's for a Christmas dinner and we were all loading up food in the car. I found it.... it was a little gold box with a teeny little gold bow. It had apparently fallen out of a bag and it was on the floorboard of the car. I picked it up and took it to Seth and asked him if he knew what it was. The look on his face was priceless... it was like a gift from me to him to have found his gift for me. It was a necklace with a heart, and I love it!

The next was a text message from oldest son who is spending the holiday up north with his girlfriend and her family. He text messaged me a picture of him throwing a snowball... it said, "This one is for you Mom!"

I love my kids....
              If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

I think my favorite was being around my family and knowing I could threaten to hit my Mom with a sauce pan in the kitchen @ a comment.
                I knew what she meant when she said she would have to do the dishes again later anyway,...but pretended to be offended...:H
                Guess you'd have to be there, but my family has kind of a wierd sense of humor... It's just fun to be around, people that know & love each other.:h

Later it was great to see my Hubby feeling comfortable around my family too. I had a bow & ribbon on my shoulder from Grandma's gift. I told Hubby, "I'm a prize".
                He came back really loudly across the room with, "Yeah, I know... a BOOBY prize."

But I do really love my elliptical!
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

P4Time,

How special, both gifts.

You are one lucky person!!

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Judie,

Oh my Lord. You are there and know what I mean about the family thing....

We are special and so are they.

The kids get it.

Aren't we blessed when we can get it, too??

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

The best gift was from my niece. It is a picture of 3 of my nieces and 1 nephew and the picture frame says "to aunt, like a mom only cooler". Absolute favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Awww Cucoos, how cool is that??

You are blessed. :l

Love you,
                        Cindi

cuckoosnest83;245211 wrote: The best gift was from my niece. It is a picture of 3 of my nieces and 1 nephew and the picture frame says "to aunt, like a mom only cooler". Absolute favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cuckcoo's that is too cool!:h

I spent 20 years living away from my family when I was in Colorado. I was always working on Christmas & during the Holidays, so I wouldn't be alone.
                          It's so nice to be near them now, and to have a Hubby to share the holidays (well All of the days with) now!:l

I did have a lot of friends I spent time with back in Colo. But in all those years, it's funny how there's only a handful I still keep in close contact with. They're like my Colo. Family...
                          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Jude and Cindi, I'm glad you both were able to spend time with your family this Christmas. It is so important to build the memories now. Hope you both have a wonderful New Year celebration too.

Comment

I love all these stories! This is what Christmas is all about.
                              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Working...
                              X