Tuesday 5th August - Daily Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I thought I'd take the bull by the horns and start today's thread!!! Hope nobody minds!!

Maybe we should all do a brief introduction of ourselves so that we can "meet" each other??

Okay, I'll go first: My name's Janice; been on MWO since April 07. Did 42 days AF straight away, planned to mod but then lost my Dad which knocked me for six and I was soon back to old ways. Then did 60 days Oct/Nov then planned to mod over the xmas period - was soon back to old ways! Then in February went AF and did 120 days ending on 26th June.

Since then I've been having a drink weekends only and then only 2-3 glasses wine or 2 bottles of beer. Don't feel as if AL has that hold over me it once had.

I know I can't get complacent thats why I'm staying close to MWO.......don't feel its appropriate to stay on the daily abs thread but I do need my daily fix MWO fix!!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow daily modders!!

love Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Hello, I'm here but can't do much on the boards anymore, have to login everytime I visit a new page... can't chat, can't update my drink tracker and can't login to the subscriber's forum... sniff... trying to find out why...

:upset:
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

hi janice and one ,your both doin great,as far as slippin jan your doin great in that department,your stoppin,and knowing when to have a break,that my dear is focussing on what you have to do,gyco

Comment

hi vlad dont get xcited theres a glitch and then youll be back in full force

Comment

Good morning all... I've been here a couple of weeks and haven't had a drink since I logged on the first time... I came here completely motivated to get alcohol out of my life. The trick, as we all know, is not so much to quit (although that is not so easy) but to STAY quit. I've got several major stressors in my life and am working on all of them.... daily meditation, exercise, taking the supps, and facing the problems and dealing with them as well as possible. This forum (the people!) helps tremendously!

best wishes, all!

wip

Comment

Hi Janice and all:

I'm Ask, I've been here since January 2008 when I did my own version of 30 days, which was to collect as many AF days as possible (21). Prior to coming here I was drinking 3 - 4 glasses everyday, sometimes the full bottle and I didn't like feeling guilty and occaisionally out of control.

Since January I have been keeping my weekly drink total under 7 most weeks - with a blip in February while on vacation and most recently in July on vacation.

After 7 months I stopped my Topo but decided today that experiment has ended as I restarted Topo today. I noticed in the last two weeks that I was drinking too fast and "needing" 3 drinks instead of being completely satisfied with one or two. It has also been harder to stick to my only 3 days/week plan and last night the thought "I don't care about that rule" actually crossed my mind, and I will not have that!! So basically doing OK, but needing to be vigilant.

Am ever grateful to this site and the fine folks on it.

Ask

Comment

Hi everybody,
              I'm also on Topa, just 100mg a day, have been since I started here in Dec. of 05. OMG!! Has it really been that long? (well I guess it was only a week away from o6...:H) I also take L-Glut every morning & extra for special occasions too.

I've been moddin' pretty much the whole time. I did do 18 days AF @ one point. I should do that again someday!...

I've also had the vacation blips & blues, ... But all in all, MWO is the best thing to happen to me since I started my "drinking career" when I was 16 yrs old! (A looong time ago!)

I've been to in-patient re-hab 2 times, tried AA too many times... Nothing has worked for me like MWO has. This is definately a way I can live & enjoy life.

Speaking of enjoying life... we have a family reunion this week going on. My Sister is in town, today we're going up the river on the Jet boats. It's gonna be fun to spend the day with everyone. Sis, BIL, my nephew, a couple of friends... I'm usually out surfing the waves behind theses big boats in my kayak. It'll be fun to play tourist for a day!

Jerry's Rogue River Jet Boats Once on their site click on their live DVD action video (top right corner?)

Rogue River Mail Boats Hydro-Jet Trips! Rogue River Jet Boat Tours

We'll be riding Jerry's Jets but the Mail boats have a better video LOL It's the same section of river.

I saw my little baby Otter again yesterday when I was kayaking (the one I've named "Minky Dink") Allso got really close to a doe and 2 tiny fawns along the river. Bungee really wanted to get off of the boat right then! They were't much bigger than him!
              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

One, vlad, Gyco, Work, Ask & St Jude hi and pleased to meet you!!!! St Jude, hope you enjoy your family reunion - have great fun on the jet boats!!! Ask, well done for acting on the "signs" and restarting the topo - we've got to do what it takes. Work, you sound motivated to kick Al out of your life for good, well done and vlad, hope you get back on the boards soon. Gyco, thank you for your kind words.

Well, had another day decorating. Its taking me ages!!! Normally I would enjoy a few beers afterwards but today a coffee was good enough!!!

Look forward to speaking to you all tomorrow!!!

Janicexxx
                AF since 9 May 2012
                Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Hi all
                  Been here since 1st April - went AF and NF mostly until end of June (3 months) and have been modding for July and now August. Only drank about 4 times in July so was mostly AF so I am more than happy with my progress to date. I was major binge drinker before I joined here and was slowly killing myself and getting very depressed about my lack of control over my life.
                  Maybe we can inspire others that it can be done - by god if I can do it any gobshite can!!
                  BH (no more)

Comment

Hi Janice, I'm Keke. This is my third time trying MWO, but I have to admit, I have not tried the whole program (I'm always trying to take the easy way out). Anyhow, I did 20 days AF and am now doing moderation with the MWO supps, topamax, and cd program. Although, I do get a little lazy with the cd's. One can only go down a very nice set of stairs so often. lol. These boards are very helpful. It's great to find friends other than the bottle. I'm 48 and have been drinking since I was 22. Right now I feel as though I am on the right track and the future looks good. Nice to meet you. Keke

Comment

Working...
                    X