• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Monday the 22nd and I'm lonely

Morning E,

A new mod friend here.

A little bit about myself.....
    I joined MWO with the intention of modding. I did it sucessfully for 3 months with Topa and supps as my crutches. I jumped onto the AF band-wagon the 1st of August and I haven't jumped off since... onto day 55 AF today. I would still like to try and mod. I am fully prepared and have my goals very clearly defined.

I am going away on holiday at the end of this week and I'm planning on having 2 drinks, 3 days out of the 10 that we'll be on holiday - maybe ambitious but that is my goal. I feel if I can achieve that then I am ready to go mod. If I fail then I will do another 30 days AF again before trying. Some might say that I am setting myself up for a fall, but i am doing this with my eyes wide open and I have been given such great and wonderful advice on the forums which I WILL remember these holidays.

lol, sometimes I think I'm a bit like a kid that is admanant to learn the hard way even though the parents have warned me.... but I feel strongly that I have to at least try and mod, otherwise I'll always wonder whether I could or couldn't.

Thanks for starting a great thread :-)
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

H DeeBee my friend,
      I strongly agree with your approach. Awhile after I went AF, I began wondering if i could moderate. I never was a daily heavy drinker. I didn't want to be afraid to drink, and without trying to moderate, I was left feeling that way. Nothing awful has happened, I have gone nowhere near where I was when I came here (weekly binges and 2-3 glasses on many other days). I did cut way back after I found myself frequently going over my 3-4 glasses per week goal. Using Drink Tracker has critical for my current progress.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hey eustacia..........so very nice to see you. Am only sorry that I`m not a modster, but.........I can`t be trusted with the stuff, you know!!! lol

Anyway, I will always support you and be here for you.........pm me anytime if you wish.

Darling x
        Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

JUst a note to Eve11--

The ODAT thread is 'One day at a time" and is in the "just starting out" thread category. It's become a popular place - when I logged on today, there were already four pages on that thread! We just check in with each other daily.

Vera-b

Comment

Working...
          X