I will not drink today because....Fill in the blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because I don't drink. And I like myself, everyone else, and life much better this way.

Don

Comment

Well put Chief and I couldn't agree more.
      (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Thanks Eloise. I'm 2 days behind you.....AF since 19 May

Don

Comment

Because being sick with the flu feels better then being sick with a hangover.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Because I can't drink in moderation and I quit for good.
            AF since 10/20/2013
            Smoke free since 09/24/2007
            Meat free since 09/20/2008
            ---------------------------------------
            With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

I will not drink today because it crushes my spirit and robs my reason when I would enlighten my spirit and refine my reason.
              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
              Newbies Nest Roll Call
              Toolbox
              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Because after that first drink I'll do nothing else, go nowhere and that is the farthest thing there can be from sucking all the marrow out of life.
                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                Toolbox
                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I will not drink today because I am really frightened of alcohol.
                  ?Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.?

― George Carlin

Comment

I will not drink today because I choose not to lose my my empathy and compassion.

Newbies Nest
                    Newbies Nest Roll Call
                    Toolbox
                    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I will not drink today because after a week of drying out, I finally See the Light at the end of the tunnel
                      “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

I will not drink today because I choose a calmer, wiser path.

Newbies Nest
                        Newbies Nest Roll Call
                        Toolbox
                        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I will not drink today because I do not wish to shut out the world.

Newbies Nest
                          Newbies Nest Roll Call
                          Toolbox
                          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I will not drink today because I want to be present with my family tonight.
                            Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                            Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

I will not drink today because I want to watch the Emmys and wake up tomorrow feeling good.

TMH
                              The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

I will not drink today because I wish to resolve the angst that I feel rather than getting drunk and texting/posting it for anyone who knows me.

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X