Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question for becca??

Hi Mary
    I dont have the CDs so I think I really should invest in them. I am thinking the habit is really the killer for me at this point since I know the physical part is much relieved compared to before (I think back and i do remember that really urgent "gotta have" the booze feeling - the racing heart, excited, manic, almost like blood racing to your fingers - does this sound familar to anyone?? - couldnt say "no" to it once it started - no one could get in my way once that started!) - dont have that so much now - but still think about alcohol a lot - think it would be nice to have a drink, much easier to control though - but i know its the habit more than the physical craving now - and a lot of it is the "what do i do with myself now" thing......
    Hugs
    Jen
    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

question for becca??

Hi Jen,

I was absolutely certain I did not need to invest in the cds because I had hypnotherapy last September for smoking and mostly they just wore me out and didn't particularly work for me. (This was a different person though.)

After reading RJ's book I decided to give the CDs a try. Some people say they put them to sleep. For me they just relax me so nicely that I don't feel that manic need for a drink because of what they said or because I am now relaxed. Not sure which or maybe a bit of both. I found them worth the effort and after a month of off and on usage, I hardly listen to them now, but can place myself going to a deep level of hypno on my own and relax myself quite well by feeling that going deeper and deeper into my subconscious mind. all parts you subconsciously learn from the CDs.

It didn't take long to get rid of the physical for me, in fact I think it happened before the supps arrived but the mental is another whole story!

If I feel myself ready to be sloppy, I will pull those CDs out immediately to get my head back in the right spot. There is a huge, now face reality more than ever before once you stop drinking. I agree with you on that!

Wishing you the best!
      Hugs,
      Mary

Comment

question for becca??

Argh!
        It's late and I'm finishing packing for round 2 of vacation. Round 1 was pretty good. Stopped drinking when I felt like it was "enough" more than I normally would. Went to bed feeling tired, but not friggin hammered. Did a bit of running there.... pretty much an improvement from last year's vaca!
        I have not had time to check in with everyone and how they are doing, and now it's 1am. I had to stay up and do all the laundry so I can pack the kids to go to grandma's and pack myself for NY.
        Just love you all tons, and will be back, in HUGE force, on the 8th. Sigh. Abs.
        Gotta do it.
        Thanks to you all.:h :l
        Becca.

PS: I will be more personal with my replies when I have some time. Jenn, Jude, Tawny, Kate, Mary.... I know I'm missing people. You guys are the best.:h Definitely giving me strength every day that I never possessed before.

Comment

question for becca??

Becca, have a wonderful round 2 Vacation!
          We love you too.
          sm-mary.

Comment

Working...
          X