moderate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moderate?

Hi everyone ive just a month today al free, apart from two glasses of wine this last week on seperate occasions with no problems, the trouble is i started out thinking abstinace was the only way for me, however after feeling really in control now im a realising that i could moderate as i feel i have taken a step back from drinking and my old habits have been broken, so im asking what are the rules for moderation? im getting there has to be a plan...i dont plan on drinking in the house again as it would just be too easy to slip back, as thats when i drank before and i can now relax without a drink, i was just planning on drinking if we went out with friends for a meal or on special occasions...to be honest its quite scary
    When you can look a thing in the eye,
    Acknowledge that it exists,
    Call it exactly what it is,
    And decide what role it will play in your life,
    Then my beloved,
    You have taken the first step toward your freedom.
    Iyanla Vanzant

moderate?

Hi Shelley. There are no set rules - you need to find out what rules work for you. As you've said already, a rule for you would be no drinking in the house. Sounds like a good one to me. I still drink in the house but only purchase what I intend to drink that evening, e.g. 2 beers. That way, I can't go over (in my case), my 2 drink limit rule. I have other rules too, such as not drinking alone, no vodka (because I can't moderate this) and there are probably others. Over time, with practise, they become instinctive and you'll find you'll just automatically stick to them pretty much without thinking. There's a common phrase that goes around the MWO forums - 'a change of mindset'.

There's a group of us modders that hang out on the Mod Squad weekly thread - you're welcome to join us. I know it's under Long Term Moderation but you're still welcome! The only reason why it ended up there is because it kept getting lost in Monthlies because of the Word Association Game.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

moderate?

I was just going to say that ,Vlad!!

Thanks!

vlad;585506 wrote: Hi Shelley. There's a group of us modders that hang out on the Mod Squad weekly thread - you're welcome to join us. I know it's under Long Term Moderation but you're still welcome! The only reason why it ended up there is because it kept getting lost in Monthlies because of the (damn) Word Association Game.
      It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
      ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

moderate?

Looks like I beat you to it Kid!
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Working...
        X