• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday, Sept. 9

Sorry Ivy!! But we were posting @ the same time!! You bad apple you! :h :l
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 9

Hey Rachele, I always tell people "I was just making sure you knew what you ordered.." Or just makin sure you wanted that..." "Or , Did you want that today?" When ever I space-out.... you know those little tricks, I'm sure!:H I think the "topa dopa" effects wear off ...after you're on it for a while. Or maybe I just don't notice them as much!
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 9

Wow, how great, there are so many of us around on a Saturday.

Alot of stuff about slipping and I really slipped last Sunday. I broke all kind of rules, ended up getting pretty wasted on 6 drinks. A couple of months ago, this would have been 10 plus drinks, and I would have ended up on the bathroom floor, but I still felt like garbage. It is that low tolerance thing, that Mary was talking about. Anyway, I got mad at myself and Hubby, who drank to much too and after he passed out, I threw away everthing in the hard liquor cabinet. Now don't clap, because this was a really stupid thing to do. I don't really drink alot of hard liquor and by the time I got to the wine bottles, which is my problem, I had ran out of steam and had sobered up enough to realize how much $$ I had just washed down the drain. Told hubby about it in the morning and he was really ok with it, he was kind of mad that I tossed all the mixers too, a little pissed about the Malibue rum. I did tell him I would replace the Jack D and vodka, but I haven't yet and he has been AF all week. Guess he needed a break too.

This was a big lesson for me because I have not had a big slip since I started and after I got over my panic, I realized I did not lose 2 months of good because of 1 night. I have to remind myself that this is a life changing process and not a quick fix for me. I keep wanting to put this program into the same mental spot that I put losing 10 pounds into. Get it done and everything will be fine, but this is not going to work that way. I have to remember this and be a little kinder to myself.

Sm-Mary, I have yet to commit to the no wine with homework yet either, but I have to say I haven't done it since reading your goal that you are not going to do it, so maybe a little peer pressure is a good thing sometimes. :H

Waves, Social settings are very hard for me too. I have been stuck being the DD so much lately that it is getting easier, that and being scared of the lowered tolerance.

Lush, I have been using this site as my sounding board, support group, and shoulder to cry on since I started. I hope I can be there for you as you are for me.

Trish, Happy belated birthday. Hope your grandbaby got to spend sometime with you.

I have already written a book, so I will catch up with everyone else later.

Hugs,
        Laura
        Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Saturday, Sept. 9

Hi all, newbie here. Is everyone on this thread on "the program?" Meaning taking the meds, supps and listening to CDs? I found my way here today after getting drunk to blackout again, this time coming home from vacay on airplane - sheesh. Need change. Was surprised to find a site that advocated "moderate" drinking - would love that. One of my problems is I don't get hangovers or headaches or anything like that - I always pop up in the morning ready to go, even after drinking to blackout the previous night. Only drink wine, sometimes splurge on Grand Marnier......mmmmmm. Drink at least a bottle of wine a night, weekends maybe two bottles and always to blackout, very scary. I'm guessing some of you know what I mean.

Comment

Working...
          X