Sunday Sept 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Sept 10th

Thanks Laura! I'm in book now and reading where 12 weeks or longer of topa is needed - and to ramp up from 25mg to 50mg. Will be very curious to see your results if you stop taking topa at end of this month - do you think you'll ramp up to 50mg before that? RJ really communicates the need for use of topa in book, though she does mention some who have succeeded with out it. Think I'll try that first. Thanks so much for all the comments and will be coming back!

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

Thanks L! I will try supps and CDs. Not too thrilled about the subliminal stuff, but really have to ask myself what the heck goes on when I'm blacked out - subliminal stuff can't be worse than that, right? Will order supps and CDs from MWO site today! Happy about this option and really want to try it!!

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

:welcome: Sepnine!! Ooops... Guess they don't call me "rude Jude" for nothin! :H
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

Hello to you too Jude!
          ;->

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

Hi sepnine
            I have been on the allone and supps for a little over a week, newbie here, and they make me feel great! I'm not taking the topa for medical reasons but I am taking the kudzu and I just ordered some l-glutiamine to help with the cravings. I was AF all last week but had too many drinks on friday and felt bad about that saturday morning. Had plan on having only 1 beer and 1 glass of wine, ended up drinking the bottle, don't remember going to bed and felt like sh*t sat. I plan going AF all week. I have not gotten the cds yet but plan on giving them a try everybody says that they play a big part in all this. Hope this helps you.
            Hugs :l
            Patti :happyheart:

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

Hello to all the New Mods!:welcome:

It's been a super busy weekend so I'm in and out of here today!

I just want to say......I was new and weary once too! Hang in there! It all takes time and is a process. Keep coming back here and I will too!
              :h :h :h :h

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

Hello all!

Hello all!
                I didnt get a chance to post much this weekend - hubby just got back from a month away in LA - so I have been busy... I am so glad he is back though, because he makes me more accountable (along with you guys of course . But I think some of you know how there is that temptation to be "bad" when hubby is away?....(Becca, Mary?...)
                But wow its been busy here! Welcome to all the new mods and to all my mod friends....I hope everyone had a good weekend.
                As for the people who had a bit of a slippery friday night, I can absolutely relate to this, as Fridays have traditionally been my problem day (well, amongst others ) as well. I guess the trick is to realize where you went wrong and then vow to do better next time (which it seems like you guys have done!)
                Anyways, my little kitten was extremely sick on Thursday and Friday - she wouldnt eat, was losing tons of weight etc. We didnt know what to do, the vet didnt know what was wrong etc. She is such a doll, I was so sad for her. Thankfully, she is feeling much better now. It's funny how you can become so attached so quickly to these little creatures....
                Anyways, everyone, hope you are all well. This week I am aiming for AF days on Monday and Tuesday at least and Wed too probably, and I am aiming to increase my topa dose to 150 again. While this topa is helping, I want to see if an increased dose will help even more....By the way, Becca I am SO GLAD to see you back here!!!!
                Hugs
                Jen
                Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

Hi Patti, and thanks for your response. Yes, it is helpful to hear and understand just what parts of the program are working, or not, for people. Being a newbie too, I am certainly confused by some stuff. Many people say "am planning on being AF all week" and I don't get it, as I understand that by following the program, you just automatically desire the booze less - not that you "plan" to drink it less. Am I missing something?

Have read book, have ordered supps and hypno CDs (which am skeptical but ready to try - have you tried them?) and am only backing off on topa I think. Will look to connect with doctor for confirm or not on that.

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

Hi sepnine,
                    AF means you plan on being alcohal free for that day or week, I personlly feel great at work when not drinking the night before, I had a problem with drinking every night of the week, 6 pack to a 12 pack of beer everynight my co-workers have even said that I am in a better mood at work. If you have any more questions you can send me a private message. Just go to quick links up on top and go to private messages, Its like e-mailing.
                    take care
                    Hugs :l
                    Patti :happyheart:

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

Hi sepnine

Hi sepnine,
                      while its true that with the program there is often less of a desire for booze, there is definitely still plannig/work involved ...because alcohol is often such a big part of our lives (socially, friends, the habit aspect etc.) there are often many reasons we drink...so there is definitely planning and work involved in order for it to work...but the supps etc. definitely help!
                      Hope that helps!
                      Hugs
                      Jen
                      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

I agree with Jen--I wish it were just an automatic less to desire to drink all of a sudden, but I think what most of us have found is that it does involve a plan of some sort and goal setting. I know that some of us Plan to allow ourselve to drink certain nights certain amounts and by having a limit in mind that helps tremendously. We've discovered that Mind plays such a big part in all of this. Lush---you mentioned the other day that you planned on being AF for a few days this week and would anyone like to join you, well....I didn't have it anywhere in my Plan to do that, but after you suggested it, I thought maybe I could do that...My Mind said...Go for it..and last night I was---first night ladies, in a long time..not too difficult either, but my Mind and my Plan had to be in the right place for it to happen. Jen, mentioned a while back that it was definately more than taking a pill that was going to get us where we want to be. But, that being said---this board is definately a major key, in my opinion, of helping us get there.
                        Have an awesome day my awesome friends.
                        Love you all,
                        sm-mary

Comment

Sunday Sept 10th

Hi Patti,
                          I understand what AF means and why someone would want to do it any day or week - what I'm not getting is why people say they "plan" it. Isn't the end result of the program to be that we "automatically" want to drink less, or even not at all, versus "plan" it?

Comment

Working...
                          X