Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question

How many beers a day is considered moderation? How many days a week can u drinK?

Question

alcoholsucs,
    I'm not sure why no one has replied to this. Maybe because it has been answered quite a few times. I believe that daily limits for wine are one 5 oz. glass for a woman, or two glasses for a man. Is beer about 6% alcohol? Then a guy's max would perhaps be 4, 5 oz. glasses. So you have to take into account the actual size of the beer glass (maybe 8 or 12 oz.?) and figure from there. Brits use a measure they call units, I can't explain that.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Question

I think that's right. I heard on the news recently that one glass of wine per day was fine, even healthy, for women. So that would be around 7 drinks a week. However, 7 glasses all at once is NOT what they meant. Oh well.

Comment

Question

IMO 7 day drinking is still dependence, even if it's just a glass. I think the meaning of "moderation" is that you are not dependent. I.e. your body does not need alcohol or crave it. I think to reach this point, any usage needs to be occasional; ie. only a few days a week, with plenty of between time.

Comment

Question

:new: I totally agree with Boss,man. 100% thats what i'm dealing with now , i've been AF for a week , i'm going for 30days then seeing where it goes from there. ODAAT Em
          Boss.man;729410 wrote: IMO 7 day drinking is still dependence, even if it's just a glass. I think the meaning of "moderation" is that you are not dependent. I.e. your body does not need alcohol or crave it. I think to reach this point, any usage needs to be occasional; ie. only a few days a week, with plenty of between time.
          Non Drinker 9/09
          Non Smoker 6/09
          Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Question

I also agree with bossman - years and years ago I used to drink nightly and did not regard myself as having a problem. Unfortunately that did not take long before I became really dependant on al. My father drinks nightly and has done for as long as I can remember - he is NOT an alcoholic.

I think moderation for alcoholics is very different to moderation for those without the addiction.
            It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Question

BUT , How do you know if you truly have a drinking problem? I decided to try 30AF because I tend to turn to wine when I am stressed ( which , of course, makes everything worse) I never drank until my 30's, then I didn't drink at all when the kids were young , then BAM , i hit my 50's and I seem to turn to wine when the wind blows.. :new: Em
              Non Drinker 9/09
              Non Smoker 6/09
              Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Question

well I do vodka.. and a good way to know if you have an addiction is just don't drink for a few days... if you get the shakes... you're dependent.. but if you're doing 30 days af then you probably already passed the tremor faze.. good luck to you...
                I did 9 months af, but fell back into a barrall full of booz.. (
                Mike...

Comment

Working...
                X