Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please let there be a dozen on the 14th...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, please post your web address here Dilayne. I would love to see your paintings. Your dream analysis class sounds interesting; almost as wacky as me getting my aura fluffed yesterday.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Thanks Lush..yes, I loved the thread yesterday...and loved hearing about having your aura fluffed! I'm actually seeing two chiropractors..and was hoping that one, the kinesiologist was going to be more into the energy work than she actually is...I believe that she'll be able to do some good work for me, but I've been so deep into the unconscious, I'm looking for somebody 'else' (instead of self) to do something with my body, my aura, my energy, my aura..ANYTHING, SOMETHING...my MuFFins..LOL...I'm just ready to chill for a while...

Actually, I want to go hang out in Saint Jude's tree house and float around in her boat for a while...

Here's my web address...I haven't updated in a while...and, I've come kind of full circle with my painting this year..kind of given myself permission (now that the kids are grown) and it's my time now to go back and do more of my soul work...I don't know how women artist do it with families..I don't feel like I've even got started yet...so there, there is my disclaimer.... www.diannejohnson.com

Comment

Jen-Prayers to you and your mother!
        She can do it! It took a lot of courage for her to go rehab. Twenty one days is a long time and she'll have a lot of people there giving her constant encouragment...probably the meetings as well. I've known many people who have recieved wonderful gifts from 12 step programs...and maybe she'll be one of them.
        (HUGS)
        d

Comment

My Lord Dianne, you are extraordinaly talented!!! I feel like such a shmuck after reading your resume and looking at that awesome website. Wow, wow, wow is all I can say. I am stuck in a job I absolutely hate, hence part of why I drink so much, and then I do not know where to go from here. I have worked at home for 11+ years and do not want a "real" job as I appreciate the flexibility of my job (just not the job itself or the pay). My real passion is cooking and I hope to figure out what I can do with that. Consider yourself very fortunate that you are doing your passion for a living. Thanks for sharing the site.

Comment

Thanks so much Lush...actually I've only sold a few paintings..I've not 'put them out to the world yet'...I feel fortunate that I've managed to steel enough time to actually accumuluate a body of work over the past 30 years and just in the past 5 years I've shown them in a few local art shows, and all along it's been a struggle, but learning how to let all the other stuff go so that I can try to enjoy it and love it...you know, just learning to let go of what doesn't freakin' matter anymore and focus on the one or two things that do...but old habits die hard..uh, duh...:0) :0P...There is a lot to be said for knowing 'where' you know you need to be...

Thanks for looking at them..there kind of my private little thing (so far) so it's nice when I get to share them with somebody..I hate to keep them hidden away up in cyberspace...you know :0)

Comment

Dianne,

Absolutely wonderful work. Thank you for sharing.

Tawny

Comment

Very deep work. You have so much talent!
                Enough is enough

Comment

DILAYNE!
                  Your paintings are GORGEOUS! Paint more, Paint more!!! Paint my family! I'll pay you!!!!! I want that lemons picture, I'm serious. My husband would KILL me if I bought it, but I LOVE it! It would look beautiful in our kitchen. I told my 4 year old how much it was, and he said "that's cheap!" I said "I think so!" for that kind of beautiful painting. You are extremely talented, and I agree with Molly, thank you so much for sharing!

Now about this topa thing, a couple suggestions if I may. I'm no expert, and a failed topa-er the first time, but trying it again with better results with better results this time.
                  First, make sure you titrate off slowly. Remember it's an anti-convulsant. Go off it fast, and there's a risk of seizure. Not trying to be scary (well, I guess I am a bit, I don't want that to happen to you!), and you just started titrating down. At least stay at that 100 for several days before going lower. Can't quit the stuff cold turkey or you are really messing with your neurotransmitters.
                  Second, maybe you might stay at 100mg. Perhaps you will find that having that dosage in your system will keep you from the craving ( I know you said you are not the daily drinker) and when you DO drink, it won't be the binging that it could be. The topa might help put the brakes on. You could try it at least. And the side effects might calm down at a lower dose.

Just my 2 cents.

I hope you feel better.

Now get painting. The world needs you!

Comment

Hi everybody
                    Looks like I missed out on alot of fun the past two days. I just wanted to drop by and say I will be going out of town to visit my father who I haven't seen for over a year. I will be back sunday hopefully in time for football. I'll check in then. This will be a AF weekend for me because my father is a recovering A. He goes to AA twice a week. I don't know if I will tell him about this program but I will have a 4 hour trip to think about it.
                    take care
                    HUGS :l
                    Patti :happyheart:

Comment

Have a nice weekend Patti and don't be a stranger around here........

I have had a very odd day. I think I just lost my best friend over something she told me today that I am still reeling from AND I did drink at the school meeting because of it, although I only had 2 and the woman who sent me that odd e-mail even brought a glass of wine with her into the classroom to meet our kids teacher. Even I was not THAT bad!!! And we were supposed to get out of town for the weekend to a little cabin we have in Canada, because we have not spent enough time up there this year, and now our fucking brake lights on the car do not work so now we cannot go because the mechanic cannot see us. Grrr.. Nothing major but just frustrating.

Here is hoping this muffin will be in a better state of mind tomorrow..............

Comment

Oh you darlings!

I have all the same probs you do. I don't know why I suddenly drank a whole bottle of wine and a martini tonight. I was doing pretty well on mods. But I can't blame it on anything. Yeah, there was some stressful stuff but I've handled it before. It's the thing about the changed brain patterns, isn't it????? It just kicked in big time. I'm not on topa but I took the supps, but really, I knew in my heart that I WANTEd to drink tonight. What's up with that? Anyone else have that? I feel ridiculous.

Sad,

Ivy

'

Comment

Dilayne, Beautiful paintings! Thanks for sharing them. You are very talented! I wondered about your avatar... when I first saw it... Now I know!

Oh, and Jenneh, prayers to you & your Moma... I've been thru re-hab twice... The first time was a total waste of time & money... It was my sister's idea for me to go... So I was just appeasin the Family... also it was before I'd ever lost a job or been arrested, etc...a few of those "YETS" that ya here about ....

The second time I was desperate, to save my marriage... & my life... But I still started drinking within 2 months of getting out of a 21 day program... Not trying to discourage ya here. Just saying, I think this place (MWO)has done SOOO Much more for me than any other program I've ever tried anywhere... no matter what the cost... And believe me "in-patient" isn't cheap... even with insurance picking up a portion of it!

I hope your Mom meets some good folks there. Some of the counselors are amazing... & others ...well.... no comment... :l ...Judie
                          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
                          X