Tuesday, September 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday, September 19

Hi Mary, prayers to you and your family...thanks for the great post!
    Yes, I know what you mean..I see my marriage as the ultimate lesson. My oldest daughter was there before my husband though..I came into this world with the desire to 'love'..so what does God do? He gives me Amanda and says, here, love this and you will have learned to love..so she is my teacher, and so is my husband...I learn so much in practicing detachment, letting go of expectations, the 'Power of Now', self acceptance (through accepting him) I've made qauntum leaps in the 16 years we've been married.BUT..sometimes I get really tired...and then PMS comes and all HELL breaks through and I get to decompress and start all over again! LOL

When I was in Little Rock, I went to my gay cousins blessing...it was actually on the front page of the Arkansas Democrat Gazette..the first blessing by the Episcopal church (I'm Episcopalian as well) in Arkansas..well, he's been taking care of his sister who is in her early 40s..just had a masectomy but then they found the cancer was in her spine..she's had back surgery and hasn't been able to walk or sit up on her own since..they haven't even been able to start the chemo yet because of that..I visited her in the nursing home that she was moved to and if she isn't depressed now, she will be by just being there..UGH, I just emailed all my sisters and aunts to tell them to send colorful cards..anything to brighten the room and her spirits. I'm so grateful for my health, and for my inner life..I can't imagine going through something like that without some sort of faith or inner life...I don't think she has it now, but probably will come through it with more than I'll ever know...

Comment

Tuesday, September 19

Thanks guys for the GREAT posts - and Mary - thanks for your strength and positive energy even when you are having such a hard time....You have helped me remember what is truly important in life. I wish I had an ounce of your strenght and courage.
      I just love you to pieces!
      Jen
      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Tuesday, September 19

Well, I was going to personally address everyone... But you've all been spared by the phone! My Mom just called, & we're going shopping for a new dress for their 50th anniversary Party coming up in a few weeks! My Sis, Brother, & I are throwing a party for em!

Good luck & Congrats to everyone going AF! You can do it!!

I've got another day off, so I'll be shopping & who knows what...! But Mom doesn't drink, so I'll be in good company!!

Oh, Hubby came home last night, & mentioned that he'd seen a bunch of exercise equipment down the road, w/ a "Free" sign on it!
        We went & checked it out. Came home with a new exercise bike(my old one is on it's last mi), a stair master,a tread mill(that works!!), a health rider, !!!

So that all goes well w/my xx ski machine & ab lounge...And big screen TV!! I now have a full circuit workout in my living room!! So glad we got rid of that old couch!! Especially with winter coming!! I guess I won't have to go "stir crazy" after all!! All I need now is a tanning bed!! Judie's "Romper Room!!":H
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Tuesday, September 19

Yes,
          I definitely think we need to take the lead from Mary's example and no matter what petty annoyances are going on in our lives, be ever grateful for the health and happiness we possess and move forward with our lives and our new levels of sobriety. Enough with the crabbiness! Self included! I had a bad week last week too, and sure, we're entitled to a bad one here and there, so long as we don't wallow, I think! I hugged my hubby this morning and said "OK, I'm better now, just had a bad few days". It truly was hormonal combined with some situational stressors, and I'm glad we worked through. sigh.

Ended up having about 1 1/2 glasses wine last night. Had poured 2, but dumped last part out. Starting to do that "dumping last part out" thing again. That topa must make my wrist twist the opposite direction!!!!!:H :H
          Nice job Molly and Jen for being AF last night. Waves2, you too, esp. since there were other people drinking in the house! SM, you are doing a great job keeping it to a dull roar yourself. I think you and I are on close to the same program here... what's your weekly count I'm wondering? You don't have to post it publically at all or even PM me. I'm just wondering. I want to know if I'm in line. I'd like to be in the low 20 range, cuz I figure that's 2-3 per day. Then I would have a goal of cutting that back even further. The low 20 range is my short term goal. I'm a bit above that now.... it's those end of week lots of drink days that kill it.

Mary, I send more love today:l . You are a strong woman and I admire you so much.

Comment

Tuesday, September 19

hi all

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers Jennah, please don't worry about me, I will come through ok, I think.......definitely won't be AF tonight or tomorrow or Thurs.............this week is a rough one for me, I hate it, just can't seem to stop!!!!!!!!! :upset:

Mary I admire your strength also, and you and your parents are in my thoughts and prayers.:l

Hubbies can be a real drag!! Mine and I fight regularly, usually about the kids or something, but right now it is the house, we took out a loan to fix the roof, ac vents, ou name it, it needs fixed!( and my husband is a contractor GRRRRR you'd think he of all people could get it going!!

Anyway, enough venting!!

I love all you guys, and miss you when I don't get on enough!

Mary Anne:h

Comment

Tuesday, September 19

Mary Anne, I'm so sorry about your sadness right now. I would give you hug if I could. :l

I had a hard week last week, things are better now. Everyone survived my wrath for the week and I know I am truly blessed to have such a fine family!

My anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks. It will be 16 years, 12 of marriage and I also count the 4 that we dated and lived in sin. I want credit for that time!

Anyway, I was supposed to make arrangements to go out of the town for the weekend and I haven't done it. It is to late now and Hubby is really disappointed. The moral of the story is he thinks everything is all about me right now. My moods, my busy, my schedule, it's all about me. I beg to differ, but I can see his point. Since I started this program, I have been trying to change things about myself as well as my drinking. I am tired of have DOORMAT stamped across my forehead. I still over extend myself, but I realize now I used to do it out of guilt. I was drunk or to hungover to be there for my family so I did the "Supermom, Wife" thing to compensate. I should state that when we go somewhere, I have to make all the plans for us as well as get the kids taken care of. Just makes me tired thinking about it.

Was AF last night, I have an early at home night tonight and except for Sunday Morning, this is still my hardest time to stay away from the drink. Keeping busy shouldn't be a problem.

Good day,
              Laura
              Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Tuesday, September 19

thanks

I appreciate your suport, but wonder if I will make it sometimes........am ok right now, only had 4 beers and that is all I want tonight, will have to go to a party for work tomorrow,then dinner w/ the inlaws (the drinkers)on Thurs....then it is the weekend again, my hubby's 44th b-day, so a happy thing...............just feel like I am not holding it together, but I am sure on the outside, cuz I am always so busy and holding it together, I look ok.....just PMSing also, which doesn't help, feel like a beached whale!!!! Feel like I am 50 lbs ove my weight and have't worked out all week due to a sore knee! YUCK.....

Thanks to all for listening to me VENT!!!!:upset: :upset: :upset: :upset:

Mary Anne

Comment

Tuesday, September 19

Mary Anne

Oh Mary Anne
                  This is hard. We all know it and we all love you. You CAN do this. I beleive in you.
                  BTW, aer you taking all the supps? Do you have the CDs? what dose of topa are you on?
                  Love ya tons
                  Jen
                  Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Working...
                  X