Wed., Sept. 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wed., Sept. 20

In John S (in the book EVIL) mentioned a letter that C. Jung wrote to Bill W., the founder of AA, I thought it was very interesting. He was telling Bill W. (my interpretation) that alchoholics either needed to go deep into their religion (it doesn't really matter what religion it is) or they needed a warm safe community (i.e. AA) otherwise they were at great risk of evil..which I think just means being swallowed up by the shadow or becoming posessed by Mr. Hyde..or the PMS psychopath, or the falling down sloppy drunk...so I think this board provides a huge service by providing a safe warm community for us to come to...

You can find the letter http://www.sober.org/CarlJung.html

Comment

Wed., Sept. 20

Thanks Dilayne! I'll check it out!! Hopefully the small town library here will have some of these available.

Hey Mary Ann!!! How're ya doing girl? Major thumps on the head to me!! Always missin someone in my posts!! Get back on that horse girl!! We love ya!:l :h
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Wed., Sept. 20

This is Waves clocking in for today. Did well again last night as everyone drank except me but I have just bought one bottle. It has been yet another hard week today!!!! At least that is how it feels. Talking of hiding alc. I used to hide the box of wine from myself after too many in a night and not be able to find it the next day! WEIRD.

Thinking of you all as always.
        Enough is enough

Comment

Wed., Sept. 20

Waves, you are doing remarkably well to not drink when everyone around you is!!! And your box of wine story reminds me of the vow I made to myself when I discovered this site. No more boxed wine. If I cannot see how much I drink, forget about it. Keep up the good work!
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wed., Sept. 20

Of course my "sick" mind is thinking.... must need a bigger box!! So ya can't loose it so easily! I hate when I hide things from myself... in my "haze"...& can't find it later! Hopefully those daze are "HISTORY"...
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Wed., Sept. 20

good day

JUst reading everybodies threads,I think we're to hard on ourselves sometimes,or maybe have to rigid goals and then get dissapointed if we fall short.Life's a journey and I know myself if I could go back and change so many things I would but we all have to keep going forward,hopefully learning from the past.If this thing we all have is progressive we don't have to hit rock bottom to change we're all trying to change now either by cutting down or abstaining.For those who haven't tried topamax it has changed my drinking completely and I was sober in aa for eight years in the past so I know that program as well.I began to drink again for the past five years it gradually got worse crept back into my every evening,at least 4 hevily laden vodka drinks ,when I started the topamax and stumbled onto this program I really wanted to cut down but it was almost instant.Along with the other aspects of the program I feel great I almost feel guilty that I'm not struggling with it but then I don't set very rigid goals but I do set goals.Thank you all for being here you are all wonderful women and inspire me...mare

Comment

Wed., Sept. 20

Hi everyboday in modsville
                I just wanted to drop in and say I'm back from my trip up north. My dad is doing great and they have a wonderful lake home. The weather wasn't the greatest but we had fun in the small towns.
                Well I need to unpack and get ready to go back to work UGGGG!!
                I'll catch up on everything later.
                Bye and HUGS :l
                Patti :happyheart:

Comment

Wed., Sept. 20

Well,

I must admit I was out of the L glute and kudzu and figured since I had the topa I wouldn't bother. Since I hadn't been doing so great I have been saying to myself over the past couple of days I need to order some l glute and kuzu.

On a whim today, I stopped by the health food store and bought both. Let me tell you......the difference I feel in cravings is exceptional.

I have never taken the all in one and now I can't wait to try it too.

When RJ warns against a one pill approach, she really means it!

When I gather the cash for the CD's I think I will give them a whirl too. I hadn't planned on it but now that I see how different I feel, I am drawn to follow the program more closely.

Maybe my funk is PMS?:H
                  :h :h :h :h

Comment

Wed., Sept. 20

Rachele--totally agree with you--I am dragging my feet on the CD's--I know why too-- I barely have time to check in here---when can I listen to these? Am I suppose to doze off to them, because that's going to be impossible. Can I listen to them in my car?? Will thatll work?? any suggesstions? I missed my kudzu--okay--one day I on purpose decided I didn't need it, and boy did I feel a difference in cravings. I don't do the All One..but take these wonderful vitamins that include fish oil--all vitas that are in all one...anyway--I agree..they l-glut and all those help---I do the Gaba too! Okay--and Jen--I so agree---that it we need to arm ourselves with our "whys" and learn from them and grow and change...very good point and point well taken...I had one glass of wine...now I'm going to bed. Love to you all!! sm-mary

Comment

Working...
                    X