Monday, October 2nd . . . already!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all, great to see everyone up and ready. I am much better, going to get my tail to work for at least 1/2 day today.

Eustacia, I spent most of a day installing a new firewall on my home computer 2 weeks ago, but I think we still came down with the same virus and I'm sure we were both on the same treatment plan. Glad you are doing better too.

Mary8305, your daughter turned 20? my best friend turned 40 today. She spent last night at a Godsmack, Rob Zombie concert here in the Bay Area. Not my kind of thing, but then she has lovely tattoos and a belly ring on her muffin top too.

Here's the thing, when she has a birthday, that means 6 months later, it's my turn. Time to start planning the BIG 40. Maybe I'll go see Van Morrison and the Rollingstones when they come to town, that's a little more my speed. That gives me about 3 months to slim down, maybe I'll borrow one of her outfits

Jenna, sounds like you had a pretty hard week, I know I have been there before. If you need to visit Abs, great, but you can AF with us too. :l

SMMary, it sounds so nice where ever you are. In honor of Halloween, it's cold as a witch's tit here. If it stays like this, it should be good running temp for Becca though.

Got to go, try to get to more people later.

P.S. Thanks for thinking of me Judie, I still want to know what a Frozen Tilt is. I think you had them one day on the river?

Laura
    Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

It sure is the year of the Big 40 as I will be just that at the end of the month. I honestly cannot believe I am going to be that old. Where has the time gone? I am going to see the Indigo Girls in concert so sounds like we have similar tastes in mellow music, Laura. And my girlfriends are trying to talk me into a trip to Vegas to go see Barry Manilow! Yep, I will admit it right here and now. This muffin is a Fanilow!!! Anyone else have someone embarassed to admit they like? C'mon muffins, tell me!!!
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Laura, a Tilt is an energy drink w/ginsing, guarana,caffeine,premium malt 6.6% alcohol!! & it tastes like orange soda pop...w/a KICK!! Pretty good frozen!

Lush, I'd LOVE to see the Indigo Girls! They played in Telluride, when I lived there, years ago! Beautiful harmonizing! Love that song about "get outa bed & and get a hammer & a nail, learn, how to use my hands" Must be from from those years of workin in that cabinet shop!:h
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

I saw them this summer at an outdoor concert and I took my 8-year-old. We listen to their music a lot but when we got there she asked where all of the other people in the group were. I told her there were just two of them and she looked at me shocked and said they sound like there are six of them; that's how rich sounding they are. This time they are going to be accompanied by a full band so it should be interesting.

Comment

Hey y'all!

I'm killing time before my exam. I stopped at three last night. I had said "none at all" then bent like a limp leaf. But, regardless, I feel very good today. Woke up feeling great, which in itself is lovely.

I notice a huge difference in my level of "buzz" between light beer, regular beer and what I get from wine. Three light beers last night just sort of calmed my nerves. If I had had wine or regular beer, those seem to be stronger on me.

Anyhoo, just speculating.

Comment

Miss_Dixie,
              Stopping at 3 is good, I notice a big difference between vodka and wine. The wine hits me alot faster. And as I'm trying to catch up with everyone, what are you studying for?

Hi Molly, there is nothing wrong with being a Fanilow! I spent 4 hours at the Star Trek Experience when I was in Vegas. So how is that for Geeky.

I do love the Indigo Girls as well. In my car I have Carole King, Joni Mitchell and the best of the Indigo Girls. Hubby calls it my estrogen collection. :H

Mary8305 and Gypsi, sorry I mixed up the birthdays. Again, I have been gone for a couple of weeks and I'm trying to get caught up.

Laura
              Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Okay, I believe you have outgeeked me with the Star Trek Experience. Estrogen collection? That's perfect......

Comment

Hello all! I've never really participated before here..have been attempting mods for a few months but, feel posting here will give some added support. I look forward to getting to know all of you.
                  Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Welcome !

:welcome: Precious!
                    We are always happy to have a new member on "board"!
                    Me, I am a member of both the abs and the mods boards 'cause I am obsessive! Ha!
                    Just kidding. I just love these people and cant get enough. You will love it here too.
                    Welcome welcome welcome - post lots and often!
                    We are here!
                    Jen
                    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Happy October Mods! Sorry I couldn't get here this morning and most of last week. You keep me sane!!!

The Universe:
                      Whenever an escalator to "success" ascends without you, (just "swoosh-h-h-h-h-h!" right into the sky leaving you stuck on the ground), it's always because there's another one on the way that will go even higher, with your name plastered all over it.

Not to mention a booming sound system, tripped out wheels, and fuzzy dice.

Born to run,
                      ***** The Universe

Glad to see so many here on the October mods board! What a lovely group of ladies here! Welcome Sophia, you did wonderfully in abs. I do believe taking the break away initially makes the habit easier to break.
                      Precious - Welcome aboard!
                      Awesome Allie. You will love the rain forest in Puerto Rico. It is amazing. Don't laugh actually bring a coat or windbreaker it gets really cold towards the top but the waterfall is so worth the hike! Have a wonderful time!

Do want to say E, I am so very sorry.

I hate to do this again but I am going to have to do an individual recognition post later.

Gosh it is so sweet to come on board and see so many of you sending your prayers and good wishes, I thank you all. You mean so very much to me.

My dad gets to come home today, no surgery at the moment but will probably be mostly a liquid diet for the rest of his life as food is causing these blockages. Ladies, blazed into my memory was my dad giving me the most pitiful look of relief that I was there, with a mixture of trying to fight back tears of a why me nature when on Tuesday. . . I will never forget that look. A real heart breaker.

I drank 2 shots of scotch on Saturday. Took the time to listen to the CDs yesterday and took a nap to catch up and AF.

October is here and I would like to get back to the bike, my water counting and the CDs and supps when needed.

OH, Yeah and something we should all try out - being really nice to ourselves, even if it is a little something everyday.

Hugs and Love to all of you!!
                      Mary

PS: Yes, I have the estrogen loaded CD's in my car along with a bit of Reggae - Seyit agin mon!

Comment

wow!

There are soooo many of us!! Mary my heart goes out to you, Judie, thanks for thinking about me,computer was down all last week, so couldn' post at all except at work, and was SWAMPED there

I can't believe how many of us there are !!!:H I am not AF today, had too rough of a day, but will be tomorrow!
                        Will try to log on early tomorrow, but have "the day from HE**" , so may not have time!

Love ya!!:h

Comment

Laura, I have decided to get my broker's license. And I passed my test today! Yay!

It wasn't easy. The feeling of accomplishment I'm having is something I have not felt in a LONG LONG time. I love it!

Rather than celebratory, I feel relief, and not so much like drinking. I stopped and got myself a sixer of Sam Adams to celebrate, but I think I'll have some almonds and watch Weeds instead :-)

Comment

Congratulations Miss Dixie!!!! Good for you...........let us know how you like being a broker

Comment

I will, and thanks! I'm excited!

Comment

Kudos to you Miss Dixie!!!
                                Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Working...
                                X