Tues. Oct. 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tues. Oct. 3rd

Hi Lush, didn't you say you love to cook?

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

Yep, love cooking. I have thought about starting a small appetizer party company for parties of less than 20 people because a catering company would be too overwhelming for me, but do not know where to start. As I continue to get my drinking under control I am hoping the Universe will open up something for me! Very hard though with my husband's work schedule and having my daughter to take care of to be real flexible. Something will open up...........
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

Yeah, Lush..there are so many opportunities..a friend of mine makes simple homemade cakes..you could even start with something like that..like making muffins (:0) and selling them at local convenience stores...or some other opportunity...Just keep focusing on the 'vision'...How old is your daughter?

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

A muffin company? Yes, something to consider. My little sweetie is 8-1/2 and the best thing to happen to me (until the hormones kick in at least!)

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

lush, yes, our 'sweets' can be our weaknesses, can't they? :0) I love girls that age..love em' anytime, but those years between 8-11 are magical...then harmones kick in, yours and hers LOL!

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

Hey Dilayne and Lush,

Glad to see you here Dilayne, I think you are doing very well on this . . .good for you! Sell away, Ebay is a great place. Fingers crossed on the gallery.

Lush, what about "freelancing appetizers" for catering companies - they get so overloaded often, they may welcome your appetizers. Wholesaling to them elimnates a lot of extra work. . . just a thought!

I understand completely about your daughter. My boys always came first though it often meant I was working some crazed hours in the late evening & super early morning to keep up with my growing business.

Hugs and Love to both of you,
              Mary

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

Mary, that is an awesome idea that I had never thought of. I am going to look into that. See, the Universe is opening up!!! I appreciate the idea. As it is right now I am up early typing away for my job which I find to be such a chore but to get up and cook would be so much more rewarding. Thanks again. You are a sweetie!!!

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

Red wine for mods

Hi All,

I've discovered that if I can just manage not to buy white wine, I'm ok with mods.IF I BUY IT, I WILL DRINK IT. That's my reality. I never drink a whole bottle of red. So I'll probably have a glass or two of shiraz tonight if I don't go abs. About ten days ago, I bought a case of white on sale and told myself it's way too expensive to buy one bottle at a time. Well, ten days later, I have one left. To be fair, my hub had a few glasses but I did most of it.

So now it's red for me!

Good luck to all

Ivy

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

That's funny, as that is exactly what I decided at the beginning of fall. Only red wine and not until later at night. Addicted minds think alike, huh?

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

Ivy, I'm the same way..good plan except DH likes red and I prefer white..and he usually drinks more than me..I'm trying to moderate him too...yeah, I know..but somebody needs to do it..if I buy it, he will drink it! LOL

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

oops...I'm using my weight watcher board abbreviations...DH=dear husband. :0) I have a regular WW board of AIM friends..we've been together close to two years..we're actually meeting in Februrary in South Florida for a big bash...afraid the wine will be flowing though! :0)

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

Hello to all!

Becca that was a funny story...I'm not on Topa and am actually scared to start because of the topa dopa that I've heard so much about here. I need to be able to function at my best at work and not be spaced out.

Gypsi great inspirational sayings...keep posting them

Rachele thank you for the warm welcome.. I look forward to getting to know all of you

MKR the ballons sound wonderful!! Where abouts do you live? If you don't mind me asking.

DI good luck with your artwork...I'd like to see your web site

Ivy I'm in the same boat as you with the whole white wine thing as you can tell my by name but, even one glass of red gives me a headache gues that's sort of the point right?

Today I'm really trying to be good. It is going to take some effort because five friends are coming over for a get together and of course expecting me who is always the hostess with the mostest to be overflowing with good wine, food and conversation. I'm going to take extra Kudzu and really focus on sipping not gulping down the wine. Wish me luck! and finally....

Why are we muffins!!?!?!?!
                          Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

Oh Precious, the fun you have missed not coming here regularly! It refers to how many of us on here have muffin tops overflowing from their pants (you know the love handes women get sometimes) probably from drinking too much wine, and even those that do not have muffins are allowed into the club. I am the proud President of the club although my muffin is shrinking a tad, so I may have to pass the baton in a couple of months.........

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

Ahhhhhhhh! now I see ....I would be in the banana nut muffin catagory then...
                              Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Tues. Oct. 3rd

Welcome. You are the first banana nut muffin we have had. We are glad to have you!

Comment

Working...
                                X