Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving over here from another forum

Good morning all! :new:

I've mainly been posting under the "just starting out" forum - went AF for 18 days and now really REALLY trying to moderate. So I'm limiting myself to 10 ounces (2 glasses) of wine a day. I always mix my wine with some type of diet fruit juice. Didn't order the book or any of the supplements - didn't have too awful of a time when I stopped cold turkey back in early January. Was used to drinking usually around 32 ounces of wine every night. (Sorry - I use a measuring container so guess I was really trying to moderate all along)

Hated waking up feeling guilty/sluggish - you guys all know the drill I'm sure. I came here because I would really like to be able to moderate and actually string some AF days together - helps so much to talk to someone that is going through the same thing.

So I hope you'll let me join in - MWO has been a life saver for me so far. Just seems like when you have a goal, you feel so much better about everything.

Thanks for listening!:thanks:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Hi Jolie,
    I'm going to p.m. you as well.

I am so sorry that none of us old time modders man this forum too well.

I can't remember the reasons but when I started here I was informed that the modders pretty much posted on the long term board only. They had done some research and there were some reasons as to why that was but I forget what they were now. I questioned it and was concerned because new modders don't consider themselves long term. But, that's where we all hang out - new and old so cut and paste this thread and start it over on long term mod and you'll get lots of responses!!

I think I'll start checking over here to look for new folks like you.

Welcome aboard!!
    Eve11
    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Help!

I too would like some help. Last month I only went 2 days AF, and I started telling myself that that was proof I could mod. Then I would drink 2 drinks at dinner, milk with my food, and feel a little less guilty in the morning. Then yesterday, I drank a whole bottle of wine while sitting with my husband on our deck for the first pretty day of spring-like weather. Why does the whole out-side relaxing in the sun seem to be such a drink magnet to me? I just don't stop. Naturally I feel useless and dangerous today. I pray often, and it always helps, but I don't seem to remember to pray when I'm refilling my glass.

Comment

Hi Crocus:-)
        Moderation isn't something that just comes naturally. It requires a plan with a capital 'P'.
        IMHO I think that its important to get in a substantial amount of AF time (30 or 60 days) prior to modding as it breaks our old habits.

What was your plan?
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Thanks for quick reply. I didn't have much of a plan. I think I just thought I'd take it a day at a time. Any suggestions? What do you do about feeling like a worthless hypocrite?

Comment

Oh Crocus, I know the worthless feeling all too well.
            Please don't be too hard on yourself.
            Get a plan together if your plan is to mod. Read through the long term mod thread for inspiration.
            Have you read the book "My Way Out" yet? I found it a good place to start.
            Stick around and don't be afraid to ask questions or to shout out if you need help:-)
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

DeeBee,
              Thank you. I will read the book. How do you not be hard on yourself? I feel so selfish, and so much like a dangerous accident waiting to happen. My husband says,"It's not good for you, Honey." Then he hugs me. I clearly do not deserve his affection. He forgives me, and I don't feel I should be forgiven, since the now and then drunk person seems such a part of who I have become.

Comment

Be grateful for your husbands affection - he obviously sees past the alcohol.
                Just remember that there is more to you than the booze.
                You can change. It is possible.
                Believe in yourself:-)

Comment

You do deserve it!

You are nto a bad or morally weak person because you drink. It is a disease and it get sworse progressivley. You do deservesupport and I hoep you will get it from yout hubby-- he sounds great-- mine was liek that too-- he does not think I have an issue and only believed me when I told him I hid how much I drank at times for him (a bottle of wine would be my top range ever in drinking). I am sure he is like mine and thinks if he threatens you that you will just feel worse-- adn you already feel bad enough it appears-- I know I did -- I felt like the most worthless crap-- that was worse than any thing-- the guilt and shame. I am moving toward AL free though I check here from time to time-- I don't drink most days and that is my goal but I am not going to continue to beat myslef to death-- on those days-- I ended up with teh bottle for sure. Just take it minute by minute but do make a plan for modding or stopping. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X