happy Friday!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

happy Friday!!!

Do you guys ever feel like registering as a new user under a silly new name and just teasing people? I just got an urge to do that. Of course I wont now 'cause everyone would know it was me...:H
    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

happy Friday!!!

Once upon a time

Okay my brillant muffins
      Somebody get their butt over to "once upon a time" and lets get this story goin' again!
      Or if you are tired of it, just tell me, I am just bored, LOL
      Jen
      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

happy Friday!!!

Happy Thanksgiving

Chicken Soup for today -

I am not alone. Today I will remember there are others facing the same hurdles and struggles I am facing. Others understand and feel the same pain I feel. Ther are available means and people that care about my recovery, and want to see me heal. I can reach out to others. I am not my own island. I want to seek opportunities for connection. I can break the silence and tell someone trustworthy. That will make me feel better!
        -Kimberly Davidson

And -

I was never less alone than when by myself.

-Edward Gibbon

Yesterday I was mentally beating myself up 'cause I'm still drinking on certain days. All of a sudden it occured to me that in any given week, I now have 4 days AF!! Never, ever have I done that before, and I have this forum and all of you wonderful people to thank for that. Had I not found this place, I would not have the strength to heal myself. Knowing that there are so many others traveling the same path that I am makes all the difference.

Thank you, each and every one of you for this wonderful gift :flower::heart:
        :teeter:

Comment

happy Friday!!!

I always love your chicken soup quotes! Keep posting them till we get through the whole book! And thank you for the thank you:thanks:
          Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

happy Friday!!!

hey all

You all are making me feel like a preist or something "blessing" you...hahaha!! But it was meant in good terms, blessings I guess!!Welcome Jay, good gratitude list!! I love that one thing from AA that I do remember.......(one of the few things, not the guilt though!!)uch:

I am planning AF all next week to lose some weight and feel better.

Mary I hope you feel better, there is some "funk" going arund here, I hope I don't get it!:eeks:

I am glad everyone sounds like they are having a positive day, I am, and hope everyone has a wonderful weekend if I don't get a chance to check in, will be busy as usual, plan to go to gym and ride horses....the weather is going to get cool (in the 80s, yeah that is cool to us in Tally!!:H )

Love you all!!:h

Mary Anne

Comment

happy Friday!!!

Gypsi, When you were talking about beating up on yourself, it made me want to share the most powerful dream I had this summer when I first started MWO (I've been doing some psychotherapy too which also contributed to it) I had the chance to do a two week artist residency and started the topamax about 2 or 3 weeks before I went so I'd been AF. Well the first night I drank a bottle of wine to celebrate...I was feeling really guilty about it...in the dream (without going into the whole thing) my youngest daughter had come to me..she was frightened that her father, my ex-husband, would be mad at her because she had screwed up and spent some money earmarked for something else..I reassured her that it would be ok..thast we all make mistakes and that all she could do is try to do better next time...later in the dream I came upon her and her father..she was on her knees and he was giving her hell..berating her and yelling at her for her mistake..he looked as if he were about to beat her..I woke up in horror...my youngest daughter always represents (in my dreams) the innocent woman/child I am and my ex-husband represents my own inner critic..I woke up realizing that it was me who just crucifies myself when I make mistakes..and I vowed I would never do that to myself again...I share this too because when I quit beating up on myself, it has been that much easier to be moderate..in all things. I think it is really important to find that fine line between discernment and judgement..the judgement of ourselves only digs a deeper hole for us to want to crawl in. I may have shared this before but it was huge for me..I knew I was hard on myself, but when I saw the visual in my dream portrayed by my daughter and her father, it really hit home. I don't diserve that kind of brutality from anyone, especially myself.

Comment

happy Friday!!!

Excellent post Dilayne!

Hi everyone! I've been away for a few days. I've been doing ok...no days of total abstaining, but also no more than three glasses of wine an evening. It really helps if someone else is buying $90 bottles, LOL!

Anyhow, just wanted to say hi and don't forget about me.

Comment

happy Friday!!!

Thank you for sharing, Dilayne. It gives me a lot to think about.
                  :teeter:

Comment

Working...
                  X