Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday 8th October

Hi Waves,

I'm new here, but I read your message and I just wanted to pass on one of my favorite quotes is "This too shall pass." Dates back to a story about King Soloman...and it's so true. This is just a hurdle that will pass...keep your head up!

Whitney

Comment

Sunday 8th October

Hi Gypsi,
      so sorry for your loss and so amazed you know what's going on so well. Without making excuses for your "friend" and trying to save the "friendship". I too once lost a friend.... well, I stopped calling her and realised that she in fact had never made much effort in seeing me.... cried for months. There were other factors too, like just having had a baby and her not coming to see me.
      Stupid cow! I am now well and truely over her! And by the sound of it it seems you already know this person is not really a friend anyway. Good for you!
      Take care! There will be other people out there for you, even if only on this forum, that would never let you down like that.
      Hope you have a much better week next week.
      Take care!!! Pinkmilk

Comment

Sunday 8th October

Judie---sounds like you handled everything Perfectly!! that Bat sounds like she does have way too much time on her hands...you mean she actually smelled your drink!? What a brat she sounds like..she refuses to allow people to change...but you are so cute...as always..sounds like you just let it roll off your back and had a great time.. I bet your singing was great too!
        Rachele--I totally am with you, girlfriend, as we are both at that 1/2 way 150 topa mark..I really don't want to go up any more..but some nights, that wine is calling me too strongly. I was AF on Friday--I was very pleased with myself, but it was actually forced, not by choice, as the kids had an event that I attended with them that was sans alcohol....all the parents were there were laughing, eating nachos, drinking pepsi..laughing..it was fun..then I found myself getting quite annoyed...not that I wanted wine..(in the past I would have been quite edgy about the whole thing, but I was okay with it...) I guess it was just the fact that these people have been carrying on for years without alcohol on their Friday nights and okay with it....and actually laughing..and drinking PEPSI! It was a whole new mindset I was trying to grasp...there's a life here without alcohol and people are okay with it!! I'm definately rambling.....I'm debating about upping to 175...Jen, you may have convinced me... Love you all.
        sm-mary

Comment

Sunday 8th October

Sm Mary,
          Do you read posts from Mikeupnorth? Somewhere in one of his posts too I read that at 200mgs it was like a switch was flipped where he had no more physical cravings.

The cheap topa seems to be working? How about for you?

I should order some more.

I'll keep you all posted!
          :h :h :h :h

Comment

Sunday 8th October

Hey muffins
            My goodness, so much wisdom today! I cant possibly respond to it all.
            I will keep this brief.
            Gypsi - I am so sorry about your friend's insensitivity and I am truly sorry about the loss you suffered just a short while ago, which you have every right to be grieving over for a long time, and which you in no way would or should be "over" or "getting on with life" after. Everyone has already provide such great responses to your posts that I cant possibly add too much more. Dilayne actually nailed on the head EXACTLY what I was going to say (AGAIN!! - Dilayne - are you reading my mind??)- about how the friend might be reacting negatively - much like a husband would - to the change. People often get used to a certain pattern of dealings and...well, Dilayne already put it so beautifully, I dont need to repeat it again here. Suffice it to say that I am sorry she feels this way, and I am sorry that has accused you of acting as though everything is "all about you". Some people are really just insecure within themselves and cannot handle positive change in others. Perhaps they are unhappy or insecure with their own lives...anyways, the point is that you have to keep the focus on you and your own wellness. My view is that she is way out of line.
            You are doing great. We love you - big HUG!
            SM mary - I know what you mean about actually feeling a little annoyed when we see people so happy go lucky with no alcohol - its a little hard to explain isnt it? Its almost like - how can they be so happy? So carefree? Its like they can TRULY take it or leave it and not give it a second thought. It seems so unfair - and that can cause us to be resentful....I think some anger and resentment is natural and I can completely relate. Anyways, I hope you have had a great weekend!
            Jude - good job on rising above those catty people who feed on negativity. You are the stronger, better person but you already know that.
            Everyone else - forgive me for not addressing you all personally - I just addressed some of the major stuff I saw recently posted this afternoon, but hope you are all having a great evening.
            Love all
            Jen
            Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Sunday 8th October

Yes Gypsy, forget who made the quote... but it goes something like this... "the more people I meet; the more I like my dog."

Unfortunately, people do have a real bad habit of dissapointing us! But then again, when ya least expect it, sometimes, others will just suprise the heck out of you .

It is hard to trust someone with your feelings though. I'm sorry your friend hurt you so...

I still think it's better to feel pain... good & bad... than be incapable of feeling anything at all. Unfortunately, we cannott have one without the other.

:l Judie
              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
              X