Tuesday, October 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday, October 10th

a good friend of mine was got her MBA (I think) from Harvard and was V.P. of marketing for Nabisco for 14 years or so and V.P. of marketing for the Coca Cola Foundation in Atlanta for about 7. She left the corporate world to do watercolors (she was a novice at that point in time) now she does workshops for artist, is the president of the Georgia Watercolor society and uses her passion for marketing in her art 'world'..she truly is an inspiration. I've attended two workshops that she puts on here in Atlanta..goal setting for artist and a marketing workshop....she really has inspired me to know that we can all tweak a 'career' with who we are, what we love and what we want to do...Of course, I'm not there yet myself..but working on dissolving the barriers that are keeping me from it..first things first I guess...

Comment

Tuesday, October 10th

Thank God. I hate the corporate world. Screw the "man" I say. That's right, I said it. You were all thinkin' it, LOL!
      Seriously - you know what bugs me the most - how you are supposed to pay such deference to people, dependiing on who they are on the food chain - oh, you had better respond to HIM/HER - "HE/SHE" is VP/PRESIDENT etc.
      Like that gives you license to be an asshole.
      Sorry guys
      Love u all
      Jen
      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Tuesday, October 10th

Jen, LOL..exactly! It really doesn't mean $hit! I grew up having a Dad that 'had' it all..temporarily..that is..taught me how meaningless all that is..easy come, easy go..the bigger they are the harder they fall, the truth is we all put our pants on one foot at a time, and just because a guy (or gal) is a big wig today doesn't mean he/she won't be serving you burgers and fries the next....don't even get me started! It's all a big game anyway, thank goodness in this country, we can choose to some degree the games we want to play, you just gotta be sure you know the rules of that game I guess or else you are liable to lose :0P Oh, and BTW..I have nothing at all against people who are hugely succesful..I just question the ones who have sold their soul for it or the ones who never had one...I'm sure not kissing their a$$es! OK, I think I just vented...sorry! I think I needed it though...a little steam started rising today with a minor tiff with husband, yada, yada...forgive me..but honestly...it felt pretty good!

Comment

Tuesday, October 10th

Chicken Soup and "Gotta Wannas!"

Good Mornin' all!

Chicken Soup for today -

My son's drug rehabilitation counselor was a petite grey-haired lady with enough leverage to impact a wayward group of teens. Her personal struggle with alcohol and drugs was the source of a spirit of determination, and week after week her motto, "You gotta wanna!", spewed from her lips. The powerful testimony of an achiever made a difference in my son's life and over the years, whenever I find myself in a situation that takes strong will and determination, I hear those words "You gotta wanna!", echoing like a voice of victory in my ears.
          -Annettee Budzban

And-

Great beginnings are not as important as the way one finishes.
          -Dr. James Dobson

Was not AF last night. Took off to go to a lake nearby walking, and it was like my damn truck had some stupid homing device on it. Before I realized it, I was sitting at a bar stool, watching the game and drinkin' beer. Sat there for four hours mostly waiting for the owner of said bar to write me a check for some freelance work I'd done for her. It really irritated me that she had her checkbook open for the entire time, yet calmly sat there and worked her inventory list. So, of course what do ya do when you're irritated with someone? Why, drink of course. Oh well, enough of my ranting -

I can honestly say that I've not had anything to do with the corporate world, nor would I want to. I've spent most of my life working the 'menial' jobs i.e. waitressing, bartending, etc. A few years back I realized that all of that is a young person's work, old fat women just don't make much money bartending. So I went to college, got a degree in IT last December, and I am just now wanting to start using it. I am now 39, will be 40 next Spring. So I guess it's never too late to change the direction of your life. As today's chicken soup says -
          You Gotta Wanna!!

Have a great day all! I am off on the WWW in search of the perfect computer parts to build my new computer :happy:
          :teeter:

Comment

Tuesday, October 10th

Allie, when you take the topamax..do you take it all in one dose in the evening?

Comment

Tuesday, October 10th

Dilayne,
              Yes, I do. I have heard its better to divide it up, but I get better effect when it comes blasting into my system all at once about 30 minutes before temptation time. And better yet, I dont have it in my system so much during the day to weigh me down.

Gotta run!
              Allie
              What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Tuesday, October 10th

Allie, that sounds like something I should try since I'm feeling a little unstable...I just hate feeling less than 100%..most days it was worse than having a hangover!!

Comment

Tuesday, October 10th

Hi everyone.
                  Just checking in for today.
                  Nothing much to report. AF today. Sorry to hear everyone's woes about their jobs... that stinks. I say if you are not happy and are able to realistically and financially change things, then CHANGE them! It's so not worth being unhappy. That can most certainly feed into our bad habits!

Mary Anne, still hoping all is going smoothly with your husband's recovery.

Allie, I gotta tell you it kinda concerns me about the way you dose that topa here and there! Sorry chica, but it does! Heck, I know we do crazy things to our bodies and brains with the booze, so who am I to say... but I just know how much I can tell when I even dose up or down even 25mg with that drug. I can't imagine 75 fluctuations. Just an observation. I know it's not intended to be taken that way and every time I go to my doc's office he says "JUST DON'T RUN OUT!" as in "don't stop it abruptly" being an anti-convulsant and all. OK, big/little sis preach over. Please don't be mad! Just didn't want anyone who hasn't researched it to think they should go popping a bunch one day and then just stop cuz it could be dangerous.

OK, I'm tired and the boys are driving me bonkers. Hubby outta town again (a lot of that lately... SO glad I'm not drinking like I used to). At least I can deal with the rugrats with a sober, albeit not so patient manner! Think we'll look at a Halloween magazine .

See you all tomorrow.

Comment

Tuesday, October 10th

Sorry Bec!
                    Just trying to not go past 75 mg, because that is SADLY my limit right now. Thanks for all you do. I am so proud of you!

Allie

Comment

Tuesday, October 10th

hurting

Sorry if I messed the things up with the flow! Just trying not to get lost. I have to take Mom to her first radiation treatment in the morning. Becca... the T-shirt made me cry so much. Dont know what else to say. But thank you!

Allie

Comment

Tuesday, October 10th

ALLIE!
                        Don't apologize! I didn't mean to criticize because you can only get up to 75mg... just meant to voice concern because of the zero topa most days, then 75mg some days...that thing, because of the way the titration schedule is, that's all! Reread my post maybe about what my doc said or gimme a call! I didn't mean to make you feel bad at ALL:l , just to give you a "heads-up" and anyone else too about "what THEY say" about dosing up and down slowly on the stuff.

And about the shirt, isn't that GREAT? I am going to get the pic laminated soon and write the other names on there too. I'm sooo excited. I wore it yesterday on my training run and felt so... I dunno. Empowered! I almost started crying about 3 times during my 6 miles which is NOT GOOD! Hard to run when you are choking back tears! Guess that's kind of what it's all about though.

It's Wed. morning... guess this should have been under the Wed thread! Gotta go to work.
                        Bye!

Comment

Working...
                        X