Mod questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod questions

Did anyone use mod to wean themselves of the habit of alot of alcohol and it helped them stop all the way? By that I mean I do not have physical symptoms really when i do not drink but I think abotu drinking alot. It seems like the forbidden fruit thing keeps getting me tripped up. I really do not think I can drink long term but going from 100 to 0 (not literally but you know) is doing ahuge mind trip on me. Sort of how if you are on a diet the first day you will want a banana split when you have not had one in 10 years. Should one just push through it and go to zero? I am thinking probably yes but I honestly do not know!

Mod questions

I think the problem for those of us who truly cannot drink (I am one of them) is that we have tried a zillion times and a zillion ways to control our drinking, but cannot consistently do it. If I could consistently control my drinking as you describe - to cut back before quitting entirely, than I might not need to quit entirely.

My favorite drink is "more" which made my efforts at controlling quantity futile. I would either be miserable not drinking as much as I wanted, or drinking the old fashioned way (more more more).

For me, "none" is eaiser to manage because I don't have the stress of "will I drink today? when? how many? what will I drink?" etc. etc.

That's my experience with it.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Mod questions

Love your answer-- think I agree too-- just wondered what has been done-- I do go some days with 2 or some with one-- but it is the mental that is killing me

Comment

Mod questions

hi
        I feel like you do. I've even posted this before. for me, it's similar to this. for example, I rarely eat dessert. if i do have it, i usually have a small bite of chocolate. however, if you told me that i could not EVER eat dessert again, I would want the biggest piece of chocolate cake I could find, and I would not be able to stop thinking about it!

Same with alcohol. So, FOR ME, if I say to myself, ok, you are not going to drink tonight, i find myself thinking about it all day. and then it's really hard to have the willpower to see it thru. But, if i tell myself that I can have one if i REALLY want one, that helps take the pressure off of the forbidden and I have more will power to say no.

so, i moderate pretty well using this technique. it's not for everyone, and you can go back to the Drink tracker and see my level of drinking.

Comment

Mod questions

Got you! I will say I actually decided to tell myslef this last night-- I coudl if I wanted to-- as I was going crazy. I had 2 swallows of whatever red wine my husband was drinking then did not want any and went to sleep. I ordered the supps to see what they do-- the prescriptions will be very hard to get thru my US docs espc the bac and I am not sure about on line. I will go "Natural" and see what that brings.

Comment

Working...
          X