Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, October 16

Mornin Muffins and STUD muffin man!

I mean, that's what we asked for a month or so ago and I decided it would be so nice to have a stud muffin around . . MIke you tease enough, I am thinking you may just be him!

Jen and Mike, loved the quote, it is really thought provoking!

Mary Anne, what a relief to see your hubby doing well.

Lush, glad to hear the ex was fun and uplifting to have around. 40's are great! Not to worry about it, Dilayne is right, life just starts at 40!!

E, glad you are back.

Judie, you always crack me up! What do I look like a waitress - whew!

Rachele, love the jack-o- laterns!

Allie, I understand that worry about tomorrow. I hope you and your mom are doing well considering everything.

Precious, I think that identifying the triggers and planning around them are huge parts of the process. Good for you!

Dilayne, Becca, Soccermom Mary, Mary 8305 and anyone I missed, I hope you all have a great week!

Speaking of Telluride, it is where my oldest son took his girlfriend this weekend. They hiked to the top of the mountain and he got down on his knee, asked her if she would spend the rest of her life with him. Then brought out the "to die for ring." When they got back to the hotel, he had called ahead and had them set up a bottle of champagne with strawberries and rose petals all over the bed. (Girls . . . I raised my boys for about 8 years on my own. Always telling them what a woman would like to see. WOW, the kid listened!!) These two have dated since they were 17 and made it through the separation of college, one at CU Boulder and the other at Cornell in NY. I think it is meant to be.

Spur of the moment his fiancee's mom had a dinner party last night with all of her family there, and the four of us. It was really quite nice. I brought a couple dishes and hubby stopped and picked up 5 bottles of wine on they way there. As I am walking into the house, I remembered I hadn't had my supps for the day and was going to be confronted with a total party family in a total party situation. It made me a little uneasy as you know there were going to be toasts going on all evening. So, I made an immediate plan.

I am very proud of myself this morning. I carried the glass of wine with me everywhere and used it only for the toasts, and just took a small sip for every time we lifted our glasses, finished the rest of it at dinner. Then had a half glass of champagne for the real toast. No headache this morning and no over doing it. I still had a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Hugs and Love to all of you,
    Mary

PS: I have found that exercising in the evening seems to bring the endorphin levels up enough that it takes, time out of the drinking hour and gets me revved up enough to not really want to drink if that is a help to those struggling with boredom and trying to make a different plan.

Comment

Monday, October 16

Hey Becca! I just got a phone call from a good friend in Durango, yesterday! He was watching kayakers & rafters going nuts on the Animas River, they just had a big rain storm up in mts & the river was running at 8ooo cfs! It's pretty wild, there's some places, where there's these big waves & holes on the river, right in the middle of town, you can just park your rig, or bike, or walk by & witness the "carnege"!!
      My friend Johnny was in a rafting accident about 15 years ago, he's a quadrapeilic now (but still goes rafting on mellow trips- he even goes tandem sky diving!!) He called & said he was in a kayak(cause I do that to him all the time)
      He's looking forward to a visit from a bunch of wild women!

Well I'm gonna make this a short post & go get some things done! Finally got a day off!! YEAH!! Although, the phone already rang this morning looking for a fill in , but she got someone else... Thank God!! I almost got suckered in...

I'll check back later! Hope everbody has a great day! Hope Ya'll are doing well...:l , Judie

PS, Jen GO FOR IT!!
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Monday, October 16

MKR, your son was in T-ride this weekend? I'm homesick!! I went there for a day & stayed 20 years!:h

Comment

Monday, October 16

OK

Thanks, Jen, yeah, we need to have a really big cyber birthday bash for Lush on the 26th! sounds like a plan!! I am so happy I have a little time to get on here today, not so lucky in a while I am going to get really busy.............catch you all later!! Where is our muffin man!? Maybe a little too early for him?

Thanks Mary (everyone) :thanks: for the well wishes for hubby (Mike) Funny alot of us have hubby's w/ that name, at least 2 of us anyway!
          Love you gals!! (and guy!:h

MA

Comment

Monday, October 16

We should do a poll. How many Scott's and how many Mike's ... as SO's (or sob's HA!)

Comment

Monday, October 16

MKR Mary - Congratulations on your son's engagement - HOORAY!!!!!!! And good for you last night - way to go with your last minute plan! I am impressed, I must say
              And I think that gives me a good idea for today's topic. Since I know Thanksgiving is coming up for you guys in the US, and our lovely Lusch muffin has a birthday quickly approaching (sorry Luschy), and Christmas is just around the corner...(it's coming quicker than you think!!)....
              how do you guys plan to moderate for the holidays or for special events?
              Do you have something in mind? Or how do you plan to moderate if friends pop by who are heavier drinkers? Maybe its helpful if we have some sort of plan in place, in case something comes up that is last minute... so we are prepared (just a thought)...
              so, how can you be prepared for such events...?
              Love ya
              Jen

Love jen
              Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Monday, October 16

If you are going to steal from the abs board I think you need to give them credit, Jen! I have no family other than my hubby, daughter and MIL and none of them drink so it will just be a matter of me not having too much around. Mimosas are a tradition for me on Thanksgiving morning but I will buy a small bottle this year and not the huge Costco double size bottle. I have a cookie exchange that I go to and everyone there is heavy drinkers so that will be a challenge. My alcoholic brother who usually comes to visit for a week and we would just get obnoxious just recently got married and will not be here this year so that is a GREAT thing. Sadly, he married a stupid, stupid woman who is a workaholic and does not know the extent of his drinking problems. I tried to hint at it the one time I met her but she is clueless.

I just got back from my physical and I just feel so grateful to be healthy. I decided a long time ago that my life is going to change when I turn 40 in terms of exercise, not drinking so much, etc. so I will have a more concrete plan after the 26th. My "real" friends would be shocked that I am anoyingly reminding you about my birthday because I threatened to harm any of them if they threw a party for me. I have always despised birthdays and do not want them to even be remembered, but after seeing the Kanga party I really want to see what kind of a cake Jen or Rachele will come up with! Hate to not address the previous posts on here but I am sooo behind on work and I have to finally go get a cup of coffee.......

Oh and MKR you amaze me at the party last night. You are really on a good roll........
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Monday, October 16

Hello Mr. Muffin Man. I missed you this morning. I look forward to what your idea of meaningful is!!! Hey, Jen, start cranking out the posts please to get over 500 so I am not the only one. Becca is right, I may be over 1000 posts by my birthday. Did I mention I have a birthday coming up? Yep, it is on the 26th. But please don't feel like you have to do anything for it. Really.

Comment

Monday, October 16

Give credit to the abs board? did they do that one already?? if so, ooops. and i thought i was being creative LOL

Comment

Monday, October 16

Could have been the long term board but yes I saw it over the weekend. I still think you are awfully creative.....

Comment

Monday, October 16

Lusch - you have a birthday coming up? You might have forgotten to mention that LOL

Comment

Monday, October 16

Hi all,
                          I am struggling to get on here as much as previously and then it takes so long to catch up on all the news that I haven't much time left to post! I was very grateful to Mike and Jenneh for the post about yesterday and tomorrow. It is so relevant for me as for many of you.
                          I too enjoyed Kanga's party and am looking forward to the next birthday bash. I just wish that Lusch would tell us when it is and not keep it so secret!!!

Love to all as always. :l

Waves
                          Enough is enough

Comment

Monday, October 16

Di

Something you wrote a few posts back hit home for me...I too feel that in a way I am more frightened of too much success than I am of failure...I am beginning to realize that its porbably a trigger for. I think sometimes I drink to dull my creativity as well...not sure why. Sometimes I feel like I might explode if a do too well...isn't that odd ??

Becca...my competitive running thoughts are with you. Good luck !! I was starting to run again, but my knee started swelling up again. I miss it...my wife misses it too. Running was a great de-stressing activity for me. Let me know how San Fran goes !!

Brian

Comment

Monday, October 16

OH, boy . . the holidays are going to be so tough and the space in between them.

I have a huge family and the holidays the past few years have all been at our house.
                              1) because we have always thrown a great party
                              2) the gourmet food ( I love to cook) . . . the drink - every flowing open bar my husband loves to set up and tend
                              3) we have the kind of house that is perfect flow for parties and normally a sit down for around 30

I have always started drinking early on maybe two shots before anyone got to my house. I will have to not do that, my problem I think will be all the open bottles of hard liqour, from Thanksgiving to our anniversary to Hannakuh, now that my in laws will be in town for that, to Christmas to my birthday right after that. I am afraid if I let loose - I will step back in time. So I may have to just say, allowed two alcoholic drinks per event over how ever many hours they are . . no changes in the program etc. BUT in between I will just have to say, no drinks for a few days then 2 max.

OH, Yeah - lots of water, water, water!

I am afraid they wil be brutal but who knows they may be easier than I fear.

Thanks for bringing that up Jen.

Hugs and Love,
                              Mary

Comment

Monday, October 16

Nice to see you back Brian. It has been a while. BTW, how did you guys know I had a birthday? I never tell anyone. I am not telling you when it is, however, as I do not want a big deal made out of it. And Waves, you have been too quiet lately. I believe Once Upon a Time is calling your name....

Comment

Working...
                                X