Moderation -- doing a 30 first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone... I'm new here. I'm taking L-Glut, just ordered Kudzu, and I'm looking to do a 30 before trying a moderation plan. Today is day two.

Has anyone tried the Hypnotherapy CD's? Any advice for a newbie embarking on 30 days of abs??? Thanks!

Hello Crowgirl,

I definitely don't know the the answers to your questions but would suggest that if you go to the newbies nest and pose your question again there you will probably get a wider community reading and therefore better answers.

In spite of it being called 'newbies nest' there are some regular very helpful long term people that regularly keep an eye on the nest who will be better placed to help you.

I will tell you though that I previously thought I would like to try moderation and now I am getting close to the end of my 1st 30 days and I will be then aiming for 60 days. I think there is a very good chance that I will remain AF rather then risk going back.

Good Luck with whatever you decide is right for you.

Jacqrabbit :welcome:
    Happy to be back

Comment

Thanks Jacqrabbit! I love the people on this board. I relate so much to all the messages... I'll keep coming back, day after day, and maybe I'll be working on a 60 and beyond too!!

Comment

30 days is a great goal.

Many people say the CD's really help. Part of this whole process is to re-train your brain to move it away from Alcohol dependence. Alcohol impacts your emotional centers. So music and hypnotherapy can help ease the transition.

Good luck. Keep posting. Everyone here wants to help, and shares your journey. Among their many stories is the key to success.

Comment

Crowgirl,

I used the hypno CDs and found them to be very helpful. The biggest benefit for me was the deep sense of relaxation I felt after using them, especially the clearing CD. Also, I had trouble sleeping in the beginning, so I would listen to them at bed time.

Best wishes and strength to you!
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

thats a great goal crowgirl. i came here wanting to moderate. everyone said try and get 30 days AF under your belt first. i did this, very tough at first, climbing the walls not sleeping etc. i got my 30 days and knew i was not yet ready to try and moderate, i wasnt strong enough and i knew it would lead me back to square one. im now over 2 months and my life has improved so much. im not ready to moderate and i am starting to think i never will be. life for me is so much better AF. good luck on your jounney.
            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

I'm 16 days af n its been a struggle. Everyday i'm surprised I haven't fallen off the wagon, I'm really not sure where I'm getting the strength from but its there and for the 1st time I believe I just might get to 30 days. That means things can only get better:-) Good luck Hun

Comment

Cowgirl....( Sorry but this name is so close to a friend of mine that is no longer here......)
                Going forward......I'ld say to wait at least 60 days. That should be enough time for your body to heal and the poison to leave your body. But most of all your addictive behavior will have subsided. MWO suggests 90 days....but that's up to you. After about a week or 2 youl'll know if abstance is what you really need. Good Luck ...IAD
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                X