Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday

OOH, is it ever ripe in here for talking some people into committing to an endurance event....(shut up, Becca, yeah, yeah...I know). If you sign up and commit, it's similar to what we are doing here with this board, I found. You have made a promise and have a goal and a certain deadline. You HAVE to do the work. You can't train when you are drunk or have a hangover. I know it's not practical for everyone, but don't disqualify yourself too quickly! You would be amazed at what your body can do if you put your mind and heart into it. DO it Lush! Walk, jog, whatever. I've read stuff that says it's perfectly acceptable for novice runners to begin with run/walk in a ratio of running 3 minutes, then walking 1 minute for the distance required. You can do that!
    I'm serious, though! Pussycat, I would be willing to co-chair the exercise butt-kicking committee! This from the chic who sat every single night on the couch and watched TV and scoffed at hubby's idea of going to the gym every once and a while. I much preferred to drink a bazillion glasses of wine.

Waves, nice job for pulling yourself up and getting out there! and Dilayne, AF and out there exercising, AND ready to dump the vino?? You are getting to be on the zag side of zig... or was it the zig side of zag??:H The good one!! However that went!!! Congrats on selling the pictures and on meeting your deadline. You didn't sell the LEMONS, did you? I just fantasize about buying it... maybe still!

Brian, I have to say I LOVED your post from yesterday. It put a HUGE smile on my face! I know what you mean about the smells and the sights... I'm considering a full marathon now.... yikes. Ask me again after tomorrow!!! Feel like I should finish what I started and now a "half marathon", even though it's HUGE for me, is a HALF marathon.
    Yeah, ask me again tomorrow!
    Time to carb load, hydrate, and put my feet up. Walked too much yesterday! There's so much to see here!! What a gorgeous city. Hubby is at the BAR already! it's 10am, but the Buckeyes are playing, so he gets a pass. AF for me today, DUHHHHH!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Jerrybear, how are you this morning? I read through your posts with great concern yesterday. Welcome, and I hope you do well this weekend and stay around. Take care, Sara.

Comment

Saturday

Oh, and someone suggested a personal meeting. Let's see what we can do. I'm not sure if I will be able to make it but I would love to try......it would have to fit into the finances and the kid scedule but I would love it. Maybe we could have more than one........groups of us that are close to each other. Driving distance from Fort Wayne Indiana would be great for me! I know I live close to Becca but I don't know about most anyone else

Oh, and Judie, I liked your 2 cents.

Pussycat......I need to get back to exercising, maybe I should have a consultation with you. I could be the biggest looser!
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Saturday

Waves, so glad you posted this morning -
        I, too, have been wondering if all the frivolity that our daily posting has degenerated to has been turning people away from this board. I kinda like the idea of this thread being the serious one, and using the 'laughing out loud' thread for the silly stuff. That seems more appropriate, cause it really bothers me to think that we may be turning people off/away by posting silliness on what should be a bit more serious thread. I, too, am still new here, but thinking back to when I first started lurking this forum, as scared as I was, I think I would have felt the same way jerrybear did yesterday had I come across our daily threads that we've been posting lately. In all honesty, I probably would have simply gone away, thinking 'what a bunch of airheads!' And yes, I include myself in that category.
        So, that being said, let's fix this by putting our silliness in the appropriate place, and move on... :l
        :teeter:

Comment

Saturday

Hi everybody...great day! I got out and went to grandsons (10 yr old) football game..he is the smallest guy on the team and made 2 first downs and a touch down..woo hoo.

Sooo, since I've decided that I need to go Abs..does that mean I'm kicked off this board???

Regarding the serious/silly...for heaven sakes..I don't think it has to be black or white either..it isn't like we can't use humor to express our serious issues, or vice a versa..right?

If I have to move over to the Abs board I will..but feeling kind of blue about it...makes one want to step back and have a glass of wine just so I can stay with my new friends.. :0(

Comment

Saturday

Dilayne - for goodness sakes - of course you can stay on these boards too
            I have done abs for Oct and still have stayed a regular here. Best of both worlds - or in this case - boards - right?
            Love
            Jen
            Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Saturday

I love this board. Everyone is so great and understanding. :h Please don't feel to blame for having fun. Like Jude says it is an integral part of recovery and I myself indulge often as you have probably noticed. This week, feeling low, the only person to make me feel alienated was myself! But now my butt has been well and truly kicked and I have completed the promised run and only drunk 5 glasses tonight I feel a little more hopeful.

As usual our brilliant intelligence has bred some great suggestions.

Love to all as always.
              Waves x
              Enough is enough

Comment

Saturday

As far as serious or silly... beginner or not... whoever, wherever any of us are at... It's all good.

There is a "Just starting out Thread" but I understand if someone is new... this whole site is pretty amazing & takes some time to navigate, (especially, if you've been drinking daily for weeks on end - like I was when I found this place!)

I just thank God (and RJ!) for it!! .... and of course everyone here...:thanks:

:H :h
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Saturday

Exercise vigilante here..Waves, Becca, Imagine?

Anyone want to share their goals, or make some?
                  I'm available for butt-kicking, my own included of course!
                  Best,
                  Pussycat
                  Sorry if I missed anyone.

Comment

Saturday

To loose the 20 pounds I've gained back in the last year:upset:

I know I need to get back to the Y.

I'm 5"7 and 4 summers ago I weighed 176 pounds! I made a decision to loose the weight that summer. I lost 26 pounds on the zone diet, and by going to the Y without fail three times a week. I was also treated for hypothyroidism. Pussycat....I felt fantastic.....I want to feel that way again........I am seriously embarrassed to go back to the Y! I've slowly put back on 20 pounds.

I need a plan........
                    :h :h :h :h

Comment

Saturday

Imagine..

You can do it babe! i need to lose 15 pounds, too. I don't recommend the zone because lots of people gain back their lost weight when they start eating carbs again. it's not a long term solution. What do you liike to do for exercse? I really love the power walking, it's easy, fun, doesn't cost anything and no stress on the joints. You get a firm butt and legs, too. Adding some kind of weight training a couple of times a week helps you to lose weight , too because you're converting fat in to muscle and therefore you burn more calories in general. Tell me a bit more about what you like to do.
                      Best,
                      Pussycat

Comment

Working...
                      X