X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, Oct. 23

Great job Becca!

Becca, we are all so proud of you!!

Gypsi, like I said before, you and hubby are in mythoughts and prayers, I so hope he recovers, and fast.

love,

Mary Anne:l :h

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Thanks, MA and MKR and Jen (and everyone, of course!) !

Click on my Avatar....

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Gypsi, I'm so sorry to hear the news of your Husband. You and you're Family are in my thoughts and Prayers :h ... Keep us posted when you can, huh. We're here for you

Sm Mary, How neat for you & your daughter to do that Race for the Cure together! I'll bet your Mom was wonderful woman.:h

Rachele, My knee is bad too, but I walk a LOT @ work! (I'm sure you do too!) Maybe I'll get a pedometer & see just how many miles I'm walking in a busy shift anyway...

Becca!! Yahhoo!! Thanks for the pics!! I'm SO PROUD OF YOU!! SMOOCH!!

Hey Lush, It's the 23rd! How are ya feeling?

MKR, How're the Folks? And you? Have fun partying w/the Governor this eve!

Hi Mary Ann, even if you don't say "Hi" to me... that's Ok..(I'm garbage) ha!

Jenneh, what's the topic today? did I miss it? Probably woudn't be the first time! Hope things aren't getting too cold up in Canada yet.

Allie, How are you & your Mom? (and the rest of the clan?)

Ok, who did i miss Dilayne, Precious, Waves,Tawny(where are ya?),Mike, Mojo,... I'm sure I've missed someone... Love you all!!... Judie
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Gypsi, I'm so sorry to hear the news of your Husband. You and you're Family are in my thoughts and Prayers :h ... Keep us posted when you can, huh. We're here for you

Sm Mary, How neat for you & your daughter to do that Race for the Cure together! I'll bet your Mom was wonderful woman.:h

Rachele, My knee is bad too, but I walk a LOT @ work! (I'm sure you do too!) Maybe I'll get a pedometer & see just how many miles I'm walking in a busy shift anyway...

Becca!! Yahhoo!! Thanks for the pics!! I'm SO PROUD OF YOU!! SMOOCH!!

Hey Lush, It's the 23rd! How are ya feeling?

MKR, How're the Folks? And you? Have fun partying w/the Governor this eve!

Hi Mary Ann, even if you don't say "Hi" to me... that's Ok..(I'm garbage) ha!

Jenneh, what's the topic today? did I miss it? Probably woudn't be the first time! Hope things aren't getting too cold up in Canada yet.

Allie, How are you & your Mom? (and the rest of the clan?)

Ok, who did i miss Dilayne, Precious, Waves,Tawny(where are ya?),Mike, Mojo,... I'm sure I've missed someone... Love you all!!... Judie

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Judie

Hi Judie!!!!! You know I love you!!! :l I just forget some people sometimes, not all with it sometimes, esp on Mondays, don't do Mondays all that well all the time!!! I probably forgot many more people than just you!!! I am BAD!! Jen and Mary MKR are the best, Becca too, and you Judie!! I have such a hard time w/ everyones names!! And w/ upping the topa I think it is getting worse!!

Where is Mike??? Has anyone seen him yet??!! I amsure he 'll show up soon!

Anyway, gotta go scoop dry ice YUCK, my aching back, I can feel it already! An neccecary evil part of my job, we ship blood samples frozen on it though, so I need to go do it....have been procrastinating too long already!!

Talk to you fine ladies in a little while!!

Love,

Mary Ane

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Gypsi--

You poor darling. I just read your post about your husband and I can feel your fear. I'm going to give you some advice and hope that it will be more reason for hope than alarm. First of all, the more emotional support your husband has at this time the better. Even if he is unconscious talk to your husband and let him know how much you love him and how you believe he can fight off this thing. Don't take crap from the doctors. Get them to answer your questions if only to say "I don't know." Some doctors feel compromised when they don't have an answer to someone's question and they either get irritated with the person asking it or brush it off as senseless. You can't let this happen. You are your husband's advocate!

When test results become available ask to have them explained to you if you do not fully understand them. Don't take slipshod answers for answers. Get a copy of the pathology report and then go to a computer and research, research, research. Find out what is going on in clinical trials if your husband's cancer (if this is cancer) is advanced and what is currently the cutting edge treatment. If the hospital where he has been med-evaced doesn't offer it, consider transferring him to a hospital that does once he is stabilized. Find support groups online or somewhere else. YOU are going to need support. Of course, you know that all of your pals from MWO love you and are here for you but it might also help have support from a group of people who are themselves going through what your husband is facing or are the spouses/partners/children of people who are fighting the same illness. And take care of your own health--try to eat, sleep etc.

I'm sending healing thoughts your way. Good luck, sweetie.:l

:heart: E

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Hello to all.

Gypsi, you and your husband will be in my prayers. I hope everything turns out ok. God grant you the strength to get through it all.

Becca, huge congrats on your marathon. I would love to see pics!

I hope everyone is doing well. I had a good weekend...was on my best behavior...I took my employees out to celebrate a project they completed..I had two drinks and left and went to a friends house for a BBQ...stayed for a long time and had only two beers...someone else went and got completely sloshed which really made me not want anymore...so today I am fresh as a daisy and getting alot accomplished
                Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Imagine, thanks for starting a new thread. He's having tests done now. It's very difficult to wait for all the testing to be done so we can find out what the next step is...

And Becca, your run is not trivial; please don't think it is. I think you're an amazing person to have done what you did
                  :teeter:

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

We have missed you Fan. Don't focus on the slip, focus on how many days AF you went and all of the other positive changes you are making.

Soccermom, o meant to congratulate you on your walk. What a special thing to do with your daughter. I think I will start that tradition with my daughter in a couple of years. A 5k sounds much more palatable than 1/2 marathon. Becca, you are on a pedestal in my mind.

Gypsi, please let us know anything you find out when you have time. Hope you are okay.
                    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Gypsi sometimes waiting is the hardest part. At least once the docs know what they are facing then the treatment can begin and you can begin to come to terms with it. I echo all the sentiments expressed hereand send love.

Lusch, I am sure you know me better than expect me to commit long-term when I have only done one day so far this month!! Even 20 days sounds a lot. In the past I have been okay for 5 days and then I get weepy, irritable, can't think straight, can't cope and that's when I resort to beer first and then back to wine. It's been happening like that since January when I first decided I needed control because my grand-daughter was due to be born. This time I am hoping to get through that 5 day barrier. I would love to do 30 days and then have the option of continuing. But ONE DAY AT A TIME as they say. Tonight is the first hurdle!

My grand-daughter has been here this afternoon and fell asleep in the rocking chair with me. She is so wonderful.

Well done Becca. So proud of you. Mkr, Gypsi and Allie. I will keep praying for you and yours. Fan( Mike) where are you? Hope you are okay. You have been missed.
                      Nice to hear from you sm mary. Well done on the run. Rachele, Jenneh, Dilayne, Trish , Jude, Laura, lane, Miss Dixie, Patti, and anyone else I ve forgotten hope all is well. Good advice Eustacia.:h

Love to all as always
                      Waves
                      Enough is enough

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Glad you posted while I was posting Mike. Like Lush says, concentrate on the positives.
                        Enough is enough

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Oh Gypsie, you have my prayers and healing thoughts for you and your husband. Be strong and have faith dear! I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through this!

Just flying by tonight..been at a seminar all day and just need to chill for a while.
                          ((hugs to you all))

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Hey everyone!
                            I tried posting twice earlier today only to have my post go "poof". Gypsi -- like everyone else, I am right there with you holding your husband and you close in prayer and thought. My Mom is battling supposedly and "incurable" cancer, but we are fighting it tooth and nail. My heart is very close to anyone struggling with this and their loved ones. PM me if you ever want to talk.

Becca pooh --- thank you for the pics!! I forwarded them to Mom. For any of those who may have seen them, the last picture with the pin on the back of her jersey if a picture of my Mom. I wanted to share a really cool story, and I hope and think Becca will be fine if I share this. Just goes to show the character of Becca. I talked to her last night on the phone, and she told me that the laminated picture of Mom that she made into a pin to wear; well, she was having a bit of trouble getting the bottom pinned down. She had the top pinned, but no pin for the bottom. She was worried that it was going to totally annoy her "flapping" the whole race. But she said that the thought was immediately replaced with the thought of my Mom "patting her on the back" the whole race, encouraging her on. (I got tears in my eyes when you told me that Bec). Then she said at some point during the race, her hair got tangled in the pin. As usual, her first reaction was "this is really annoying". But Before she could think too much about that, she thought to herself, "You know what is REALLY annoying?? Having cancer!" So she said the constant patting on her back and tangled hair helped her to run an incredible race. So here's to you Becca!!

As for me, I did great Friday night - just one glass of wine - but Saturday we went out to dinner and it just kept flowing. Lots of things I could say as to why that happened, but for lack of time, I wont. But I am back on track today feeling like my normal spunky self! Hit the tread mill and elliptical today again, and feel like a wet noodle! I am SO planning to do the Durango marathon next October with Becca and I am sure there will be others to join us!!

Have a great evening,
                            Allie
                            What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Allie & Becca! Awww.... That is sooo incredible! Thanks for sharing that! I coudn't quite tell what the pic was... but I figured it had some significance!:h :l

Durango is sounding better by the minute! I just got an Email from Johnny in Durango, with a bunch of pics of old buddies from Telluride! Could be a sign!:H

Comment

Monday, Oct. 23

Allie, what a great story. Made me feel really happy and sad at the same time. You guys are the best!!!
                                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Working...
                                X