Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1 for me

Hi Pinkmilk

That's fantastic for you to get this far. I was getting worried about you as I had not heard from you in a few weeks.

yes definitely check in here. I am going to be around most evenings (uk time) later on Mondays and Tuesdays will be around on chat also. We can help support each other.

Cheeks

Comment

Day 1 for me

Hungover

Forgot to mention did my usual Friday night and got blitzed last night
      Suffering today.

Going to gym tomorrow so hopefully this will help me moderate tonight.

Cheeks

Comment

Day 1 for me

hi pinkmilk - i'm glad to see you too, i watch out for you b/c we joined around the same time and our stories are similar...as far as monday goes, stay busy, don't make it easy to drink! i wish you the best!

Comment

Day 1 for me

oh cheeks my bad - that's what i forgot! i was going to say what's that story we heard as kids 'the little engine that could' ? keep trying, that's the only way it'll click!

Comment

Day 1 for me

Hoping to be good tonight

Bad night last night :upset: The wine got me

Hoping to be good tonight. I want to go swimming before work tomorrow but know I wont go if I have a drink.

Going to make a fruit smoothie. Hopefully might help the cravings.

Bye

:h Cheeks:h

Comment

Day 1 for me

Hi Cheeks, Freckles....
              good to hear from you.
              I can't start on monday!!! Forgot we had friends over for dinner - and would feel so weired not drinking!
              And on tuesday it's Halloween!!! Also have friends over after trick or treating for pumpkin soup and yes, wine!
              But I have started to reread the MWO book and I have all my bits in place and wednesday will be the first day for me - I SWEAR!!!!! No more excuses, I will not meet anyone for at least a week..... as I always end up drinking even more in company.
              I do feel so so shitty these days, don't want to wake up at 5am anymore and feeling disgusted at having had way too much again the night before. My husband hardly ever gets a glass of wine in these days.....
              Posted a new thread re Topamax earlier, if anyone knows how to help?!
              Lol to you all!!!!

Comment

Day 1 for me

Hard work having social life

I would appreciate any advice on how you still have a social life and not drink. I friend ask me to join her and others Friday night to go for a drink, and in her words "get hammered". I made excuses not to go, even though I sat at home and got hammered.

Pinkmilk - no use starting until your ready. Enjoy your parties.

Went alchohol free last night. Woo Hoo! was in the pool at 7.00 am and felt so much better at work today.Going to try and make it until friday without a drink. then moderate on Friday night.

Cheeks

Comment

Day 1 for me

:wd: Cheeks , Great job on going AF last night!!

As far as the socializing & drinking goes, I find it easiest to just be honest with people & tell them I'm working on getting healthy & trying very hard not to drink too much.
                  The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Day 1 for me

Cheeks, Judie is right on with the socializing comment. The other thing is no one really seems to notice big time intermixing glasses of water with your drinking it really seems to slow me down. (Another Judie wisdom passed on months ago!)

Reminding myself that feeling good in the morning is so awesome also helps. Try kudzu and L-glut before you go to an event and you will sip drinks at a much slower pace. That helps too. Being sober is fine as you watch others turn a bit to the crazed side.

Great Job AF, you can do this!

Hugs,
                    Mary

Comment

Day 1 for me

Alchohol free last night too. Not had a drink since Saturday (its only 2 full nights but it sounds good)

Cheeks

Comment

Day 1 for me

Thanks for your support Fan,

wobbled a bit last night. Had 3 glasses of wine but I did go swimming this morning.

Cheeks

Comment

Day 1 for me

hang in there cheeks

good for you going to the gym!!

Comment

Day 1 for me

Keep up the good work Cheeks, you can do it!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/149104=219-attachment.gif[/img]
                            :h :h :h :h

Comment

Day 1 for me

I have not been good this last week. Lost the plot. Going for a gudden this week.

:h Cheeks:h

Comment

Day 1 for me

day 1 again

hi

it's monday tomorrow so that's a good way to start!
                                the way i look at it, if you have a couple of days AF and then a couple of days not, we're still doing better than when every night was a bottle of wine night!

Comment

Working...
                                X