Who is gonna start today's thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mary Anne and Waiting to Exhale--I'm LOL - I'm married to a carpenter, and it's so TRUE that the cobbler's children wear no shoes!!! I did by my first power tool recently..a screw driver, so I'm getting some things done around here myself!

Mike, How are you doing? Just want you to know my heart is sooo with you. I married my first husband twice, and come from a divorced family...I love my husband of 16 years..but I have to say, I'll always love my first husband..the father of my children. Even now I think of something and it reaches me so deeply. For years I would dream..in the dream, I knew I was dreaming about my current husband, but it was the image of my first husband that was there. Do know that your marriage was not in vain, that the love was and is real on a deeper level...sooo, things have changed courses on the outside, but in some cases, like mine, I don't want to let go of the good that was there between us...it created 3 beatiful children that will carry us on. It was hard the first 2 or 3 years after we divorced..it was so painful to both of us that we couldn't even see each other, but now..he is remarried (about 10 years now - they even have a surprise child of about 2)..we made a commitment to honor and respect each other for our children...No Matter What..and man, sometimes that was hard because of the pain...now it is natural..we meet each other at grandkids football games, graduations..weddings, we greet each other in pride and respect because we were able to get past that and continue to raise the kids together...even when we were apart..If I died today, one of the things I would be most proud of was how I worked to let the kids know that we were still their parents and that we care and respect one another, even if we couldn't maintain the marriage. Grieve what needs to be grieved..there is so much loss in the dissolution of a marriage, there is no getting around that, but do know, dear friend, that something beautiful can still come of it and the children can still experience what you want them to...it just may look different. (Hugs again) Dianne

Comment

Being our best...good topic..all I can say is I know today somewhere that I've not been my best lately and I really want to work on it..my goal this week is around communication..which is kind of what we've been talking about with expressing emotions...I've been aware for a while that I am not as good a listener as I want to be..that I interupt people sometimes, or I turn what they are saying into my story...I know where it comes from..that place of feeling like I need someone to understand so I default to that place instead of having the discipline to stay with that other person to just be there for them, to hear them, to understand them..to be for them what I want others to do for me...I committed earlier to myself to keep Saint Francis' prayer with me every day this week and to wear a rubber band on my wrist or something to help me,..."seek not to be understood, but to understand"...that is what I want to do to be my best. Great topic Lynn!

Comment

Dilayne:

Listening! That is perfect. We can always be better listeners and "having the discipline to stay with that other person." I have to conduct 22 employee reviews this week. Before I enter each one I will say to myself, "Listen. Stay with this person. Hear their story fully." And, it all comes back to discipline. If we want to do our best at anything, we have to work on self discipline. Well, I am going to take your great thoughts including my chuckle about the power tools with me as I start my day and go for a MODERATE SUNDAY.

Thanks.

Comment

We're Home

Mornin' all -
          We made it home Friday afternoon; it felt so good to be home again. Of course, the house is in complete disarray, as I had friends move our bedroom downstairs and my office upstairs, but at least they left us a path to navigate. Took me until this a.m. to get around to hooking up the Internet.

Trying to get caught up on all the posts I've missed this week; it'll take some time. I'll post more later, but I wanted to check in and let everyone know that I haven't dropped off the face of the Earth, at least not yet...

Oh, and just in case I hadn't said it before -

Thank you for your prayers and support. You've no idea how much it's helped this week!! :l :h
          :teeter:

Comment

Hi All and Gypsi I am glad you are home. Please stay strong.

Looks like we have some new people on this thread. Welcome Lynn and Waiting. The topic today, both the emotions and alcohol and the being your best really struck a chord with me because I am not doing my best, I feel like I am letting myself down, and therefore I drink to cover it up. And then those angry emotions, that are really directed at me, come out after drinking and I end up taking them out on my dear sweet husband. This week begins a big life change for me. I have to get serious. I am going to get back into exercising, something I have not done in quite a few years. I am only going to drink on the weekends, something I have never done. I am going to continue on in therapy, which I just started, to conquer these feelings of anger. Life is too short to spend it angry and drunk.

Fan, I hope your day goes better today. Sounded like you were having a rough day yesterday. Happy Sunday to all of you.
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Good luck, Lush. I will be thinking of you. Lynn

Comment

Hey Every Body!

Dilayne, I can so relate to your post, as far as taking over a conversation... I catch myself doing that! It's like I start talking & can't shut up! Even when I'm not drunk! At least when I'm not drinking ...I notice it!!

When my Sister & my Brother in law were just here visiting, he had such a BAAAADDD case of it,... I remember, just sitting there listening, to him going on, & on, & on... nobody could get a word in edgewise... and if they did, it went un-noticed by him!...Of course after 2 or 3 scotches it didn't improve matters, for him!
                God, I just know there's been waaayyy too many times that I've embarrassed my poor Hubby by doing just that!

Oh yeah, as far as negative emotions & expressing them, ... well if there's alcohol involved... LOOK OUT! I have this "Evil Twin" whose also a castrating B***H... so ... anything you don't want to hear about , chances are you'll hear it more than once if she shows up!

So, "but for the grace of God" ...and my dose of Topa & these boards...
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Fan, I do hope you have a much better day today! :l You bring so much here to us!! Many thanks...

Lush, Just remember exercise is whatever you enjoy doing... you know! Focus on the positive... Some very intellgent YOUNG woman on the boards keeps saying that...:H

Gypsi, Glad you guys are home! Hope you're cozy too!:h Thanks for keeping us posted... Peace & prayers...

Lynn,:welcome: ... I think I was my "best " the other night after work... Ha! No, seriously.. great topic! And great goal!

Comment

Waiting, I know a few contractors in Colorado... Oh, never mind, I've dated em... (wouldn't wish them on anyone!! HA!) Espsecially that ONE in particular! Good luck w/that...:H

Comment

Hi. I'm relatively new to the forum. I started last Saturday. My goal is to be a moderate drinker. Since I started, I have been doing really well thanks, in part, to the phenominal support that all of you have given me. My question is how long should I wait until I start posting to this section for moderate drinkers? I have been posting threads to the "just started". In fact, I posted one this morning. I have never participated in a forum before in anything. I'm not real sure of how they work or where I am supposed to be posting. Does anyone have any advice?

I really do appreciate everything all of you have done for me.

With many thanks,
                      MM
                      Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

MM, :welcome:

You're doing great! Just read your "ode to wine!" Great writing! Post to your heart's desire, whenever, wherever... It's all good!

Comment

Thanks Saint Jude. I really love all of you. You are all so great!!!
                          MM

Comment

MIghty, post anytime you want. You are always welcome on the mods board. We are glad to have you.
                            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Thanks lush. Really appreciate the support. I am glad to have found all of you. You are all so great, real heroes to me (or heroines as the case may be)!!!

Fondly,
                              MM

Comment

Working...
                              X