Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday 30th October 2006

Dear Becca,

You were the first one to talk about putting a count on the actual size of a drink and keeping track of it in your daily diary. You were such an inspiration, while I don't write it down in my own little book, I do keep track of it here as I love to be able to see the month at a glance. I applaud you for putting it down - it is what keeps me from drinking sometimes as I know I have to publish it in the morning. You are so incredible when it comes to the exercise and so inspiring for all of us!! We love you!

Just saw a thread that Macks asked if anyone has ever seen ghosts - I have some real ghosts stories / haunted places, mysterious phenomenon . . . Fun, scary hair raising stuff to fill in.

Love you all,
    Mary

Comment

Monday 30th October 2006

Mary, if you do not mind me asking what has been the key for you? Are you doing topa? Your drink tracker is AMAZING!!!!!!
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Monday 30th October 2006

Hi everyone,
        I read a bit today, but havent had time to post. I spent almost all day in the kitchen cooking up meals for the week and making cupcakes for a Halloween party tomorrow, etc. I wish I could bottle the smell that my house has right now.

I had a bad night on Saturday, which really upset me because I've been doing so good. So I have felt like I just dont even need to come here sometimes if I cant get it together for longer than that. Stress is my biggest trigger, and I cant seem to master it yet. My sister is really needing me a lot right now to help with her two girls as she is a single Mom, so I feel like the caretaker of the family sometimes, but that is pity party thinking I know.

Glad the atmosphere around here was so positive today, I needed it! Becca, I like your plan too, and I really like the plan (forgot who posted it now cuz I read it early this morning), about giving themselves points for AF nights/days, and for exercise, etc. That sounds like a really good plan. I like "rewards" ... LOL.

Judie, I got your PM and I will let you know if and when our trip materializes. It will probably be after the first of the year, but who knows. My husband is trying to cut back on the travel after Thanksgiving until after the first of the year, as he has a big trip to China coming up in November and doesnt want any more trips for a while after that. But he knows he has to get out there before too long.

Lush, 32 degrees is insane! It not even November yet! Yes, I like my Florida weather! I'm a wimp for cold weather. I like the idea of a white Christmas, but I think this year that will entail putting white lights in the palm tree in the yard!

To everyone else... so glad everyone is doing good it seems! Fan -- so glad you are back to your fun and cheerful self, and Jen I've missed seeing you around for a few days. Becca... I'm cracking down with the exercise and am starting a high protein diet to hopefully help with a little muscle building! I find it REALLY sad that my calves are so sore just from walking around Disney World... boy I've got a long way to go!

Hope everyone continues to have a great week and stick to our goals! Speaking of which, I guess I need to make some!!

Love to all~
        Allie
        What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Monday 30th October 2006

Whoa, Mary!
          Thank you for the kudos, but YOU are the one who inspires us all with your incredible strength despite adverse situations, sticking to your word, being extrordanarily wise and wonderfully kind:l . You are doing so great! We all are and will continue to if we stick to what we stated for our Nov. goals.
          Mary, you are right about the public openness of the drink tracker. Although the drink diary has kept me honest with myself and makes me continue putting myself back on track, it sits in the dash of my car, and no one sees it but lil old me. Better tool if YOU GUYS can see it. Then you can smack me on the head with it:H .
          Love you all too!!!
          Thanks, Mary. You made me feel really good about myself. Something I didn't used to do very often, but is becomming a bit more common these days:h

Comment

Monday 30th October 2006

Allie, you have been doing well for a long time. Like you said, make your goals. I had that really crappy day a couple wks ago too. I hate that that happens, and hopefully we can get them fewer and further farther in between. Maybe to the point of never happening again? I dunno. Almost every drinker I know, no matter how NONproblematic they are, can have a "bad" night every now and then. Come with the territory? It's a good argument for the abs people, I suppose.
            I hope your stress levels calm down really soon. That sister of yours...gotta love her, huh? (I know you do, it's just...arrrgghhh!!). Does she not know you have enough going on? Sorry, I'm butting in and saying too much, I think. Shut up, Becca.

About your calves, walking around all day like that will get you every time! I did it in San Fran, and that was right before the race. OOPS! Didn't think I would get sore from WALKING! You use different muscles. Go treat yourself to a nice spa pedicure with a paraffin wrap . That's my therapeutic prescription .

Comment

Monday 30th October 2006

I love you Becca!
              What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Working...
              X