Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drink because ???????

Wings4ever:

Wow! Thirty days!!! That is phenomenal!!! Is your goal Abs or Moderating? Either way, you are doing so great!!! Congratulations!!!

I know what you mean about wanting to drink while doing an activity. Mine is cooking. I committed to getting control about two weeks ago, and quite frankly, I have set aside doing major cooking projects until I get to the point where I can deal with it. Otherwise, I'm sure I will fail. I have started doing little projects (like dinner - I cook everything from scratch - but can do simple or complex). This is something I still have to tackle, but I am not ready yet.

One suggestion is that you may do a little "soul searching" and ask yourself what it is about painting that makes you want to drink? Maybe it brings back some memory or activity, or even a smell -- once you find the trigger on the why, it is much easer to deal with, at least it as been for me. But again, it sounds like you are doing great!!!

Good Luck,

MM
    Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

I drink because ???????

Hi Tinkerbelle,

just wanted to say, well done for your first day! First one is the hardest. Do let us know how you go from here. Are you doing the whole MWO program? For problems with sleeping I can definately recommend the Calms Forte! I have been too sleepy the last few days since I started (on day 4 today) and will actually cut down. But I will stick to two at bedtime, as I am sleeping like a baby for the first time in ages! It's great!!

And to Wings: Big Congrats!! 30 days is amazing. Are you planning to abstain or going moderate from here? How brilliant you are discovering your creativity. I have been knitting again lately, only a very simple scarf, but lovely colours in gorgeous silk yarn, just right to go with my lovely new coat. Not terribly creative, but calming for the mind!

Have a fabulously calm and creative weekend everyone!!!!
      PinkMilk

Comment

I drink because ???????

Hi Pinkmilk:

I am so envious that you can knit!!! My grandmother used to knit and crochet all of the time. She tried many times to teach me, you know, knit one pearl two. I am left-handed and just couldn't get it. I would always drop a stitch during the pearl process. I love knitted stuff -- I think just the process of knitting is soooo creative and requires both patience and talent, of which I have neither.

So how are you doing on the new program?

Comment

I drink because ???????

Hi Mighty,
          you are up??? Isn't it like the middle of the night where you are? I actually have no idea where you are....:H

used to knit all the time and really make great things, these days, if I follow a pattern and finish it I'm happy.

Program going well, thanks for asking. Went a bit ansty yesterday and still waiting for the moment I actually don't want to drink! At the moment I am just telling myself I don't need to, which is okay, but it means I am thinking about wine almost all the time.
          How are you doing?

Will talk later! Bye for now!!

Comment

I drink because ???????

Hi Pinkmilk. Great to hear that you are doing well. I saw that you were struggling yesterday, but you pulled it around. Great job!!! I am in the Baltimore, Washington, DC area. Live in Baltimore, work in DC. It is morning here. I admire your ability to be able to knit!!!

I'm doing well on the program. I no longer crave a drink when I roll out of bed. In fact, in the morning I don't even desire a drink anymore. My toughest time of day is 4-6 (waiting for hubby to get home to start cocktail hour). So, I'm trying to cope with it by going to the exercise room during that time. But the whole time I am there, I am looking at the clock, waiting for the time to roll by, and yes, like you thinking constantly about wine. At other times, I don't think of it alot, but it is always in the back of my mind, mainly just taking a mental note of how I no longer have it in my hand. I kind of take a moment to tell myself how proud I am that I'm doing (I think we need to keep giving ourselves positive reinforcement for our successes, no matter how small they are, they are big hurdles for us). So all-in-all its going well.

Keep in touch,
            MM

Comment

I drink because ???????

Just my thoughts x

I drink because i want to..simple as that. I'm only 29 and have not had a very pleasant experience with life from the onset...i could use this as an excuse for my drinking...an maybe i can allow it to it has contributed to my drinking....but why should i use what has happenend to me as an excuse to destroy myself further...i wanna live..i wanna leave my ghosts behind, and its so hard..but i know il get there and in time i know i will be above all of the people who have hurt me or let me down in my own life. God willing i will have a family of my own one day...and i will cherish that so much. So you see we have to have hope...it aids our healing lou_lou x x x
              "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

I drink because ???????

Dear Lou, I'm not a pschologist and have absolutely no psychological training. And if you feel that burrying the pain is what you need to do, then that is what you should do. But for me, when I try to burry something that has touched upon me deeply, it just eats at me. It consumes me and I am worse for the wear because of it. When I was young, I didn't even realize it. But as I got older, it became more self-evident. I learned over the years that if I analyzed exactly what happened to me, how it made me feel, why it made me feel that way, I would begin to think of ways that I could CHOOSE to take action to put it behind me. Because as hard as I tried, if I didnit do the process, it didn't go away on its own. I will be 50 this month. And I can say with all honesty that this really has worked for me repeatedly throughout my life. But, that is just me. I am only sharing my thoughts with what has successfully worked for me both for life in general, and more on point, it has worked for me with my drinking problem. I found that I was drinking, in part, from stress. Just recognizing that, I began to look for ways to answer that problem. I found it in relaxation (more specifics under "The Power of Relaxation") and my drinking immediately substancially decreased (though I still have issues I'm working on relative to drinking). I would never have found the major cause; that is, the stress factor it if I would not have first asked the question, " Why do I drink", and then once I figured out why, ask the question what can I do aboutthe cause that will make me feel better about myself and able to tackle the result -- my drinking problem. Just sharing my thoughts not giving direction.

So again, Lou, that is just me. The wonderful thing about people is that we are different. One person can achieve something one way and another can do it totally different. Like you, I have had a lot of pain in my life. The wonderful thing about this forum is that we all can share together to get stronger.

I hope you find your happiness and your peace. You are young and you are beautiful. Your dreams could be just around the corner!!!

Fondly,
                MM

Comment

I drink because ???????

Mighty

Thank you so much for that...a iot of food for thought...really appreciate you input honey x

Loves

Lou-Lou x xx
                  "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

I drink because ???????

thanks Pinkmilk and mickey mouse. I plan to put the bottle behind me for ever...I am still doing well.I was really challenge yesterday to drink but I went for a walk and a drive. Its a lonely world..but I never gave in. Thanks for your support

Comment

Working...
                    X