• Show
Clear All

Wed November 1, 2006

I learn so much from all of you........:thanks:
    :h :h :h :h

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Hi all,

Today, first day back at work I came home ready to forget all my drinking plans. Then I came on here and caught up on yesterday's posts. I absolutely loved the re-introduction of Pedro!!!!!! It was hilarious. The people who slipped and regretted it: I'm sorry you slipped but by posting your regrets you have made me want to not slip today whereas half an hour ago I was not just ready for slipping but for throwing myself down the slope. Thank you.:h

I have compared September tracker to October to try to keep positive and can't believe the difference.

September

5 days ??
      6 days moderation
      10 days AF

October

1 day ??
      7 days moderation
      11 days AF

Before coming onto this site and reading the book it was ?? every night.
      :thanks: to each and every one of you for my progress so far.

:l

Love to all as always.
      Waves
      Enough is enough

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Yah Waves!!!!! I missed you around here yesterday. So did Pedro.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Thanks Lush,
          Busy day. Had to see my lovely grand-daughter!!! Pedro :H :H :H
          Enough is enough

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

:shocked: :H
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Fan, I am more interested in seeing the pictures of you wearing it. And Becca, such fancy lingerie you have!!!

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

:H LMAO!!!!! Thats funny 'cause I found THIS in my bedroom - that sneaky pedro!
                Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

What did you find Jen? The picture did not come through. I have decided we should warn new people coming on here that if they want to get reflective and serious with us they need to do it first thing in the morning because by about lunchtime this thread seems to take on a life of its own.

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Fan, please keep your hands off my cherries. My husband might get a little grumpy.

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Hi everybody! It looks like I'm not alone in not wanting to leave this board just because I went to Abs..I feel so much more at home..it's not really a real motivator to go Abs if you have to leave your friends too! Any hoo..
                      I'm too busy here at work, darn it...it just gets in the way!

My goals are to continue with my Abs..

To continue to communicate deeply, lovingly and compassionately to my husband who is learning to do the same..to take the time to find the words so that they come out non-offensively and irresistably.

To get back to some regular exercise and meditation..probably contemplative prayer.

To have fun and lighten up a little bit!

oh darn it..gotta go do this job thingy...

Mike, you are a writer?....just show up..and let it write itself...that's what I'm learning about my painting..even though I'm not painting everyday, I am doing something around my painting and I'm almost ready to get back into the paints..it feels really good..so maybe you just need to make a space, create an outline..buy some paper...

ok..i REALLY gotta go..
                      Big Hugs to all my new friends..I love you guys and gals!
                      dianne

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

OOOPS this is what I found in my room!! PESKY PEDRO!!!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/148942=163-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Fan and Jen, where in world do you get these pictures!:eeks:
                          :h :h :h :h

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Pedro you silly thing! Was that you making those noises at the foot of my bed! What in good heavens were you doing??? And where is my cat???????????????

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Hi. Hope everyone is doing well today. I have thought about whether it would be wise for me to post a month long goal, and with all due respect to everyone else, I hope that you will forgive me, but I am not ready for such a long-term commitment. As you may have figured out from my posts, if I make a commitment, I take it seriously, and if I don't achieve my goal, it really tears me up inside. Over the years, I have learned how to carefully evaluate what I need to do, test the waters, and set realistic goals that will afford success. It is just who I am; I know no other way. So I DO HOPE YOU WILL FORGIVE ME AND UNDERSTAND MY POSITION, but I am so new at this that I feel that I must take it one step at a time, setting daily goals and analyzing them at the end of the day to determine the next day's goals. Once I have gotten comfortable with my ability to meet my current objectives, only then will I feel that I can set intermediate monthly goals. I have never tried to stop drinking before and this is working for me; but it is not easy. Each day, I set challenging goals. At the end of each day, I analyze not only if I have achieved them or not, and why, but also why I feel the way I do. I evaluate my feelings and determine what is in my life that is contributing to this problem. I question what is present in my environment, my lifestyle, my philosophical beliefs, and see if I can honorably and in good conscience change them to support my goal to modify my drinking. I can't do that on a monthly basis. I am just not ready. What a whimppp!!! Once I have laid the foundation of the changes I need to make, have a process outlined, and a schedule to follow, then I will be prepared for monthly goals. But, for me it is too soon. I guess, like Imagine, I feel like maybe I should be in "just starting out" because you guys are soooooooo far ahead of me.

But I love being around all of you. And you have been so helpful to me. What I do know is that I have been here a week-and-a-half and am making great strides. I couldn't have done it without your support. At the same time, I don't want to be in a position where I am pulling others down because I can't keep up. I am really happy with my progress, but it is equally important to me that I help others. I do hope that it is not a problem that I am not in a position to post monthly goals, but instead, have to crawl along with daily ones at this time.

I admire all of you who have analyzed your situation enough and have come to terms with what you ned to do on a monthly basis and are prepared to try it! I hope that I will soon be in that position. I wish all of you luck in achieving those goals this month. I will certainly be routing for you.

MM
                              Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Thanks Fan! I needed that!!!!
                                MM
                                Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Working...
                                X