Wed November 1, 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wed November 1, 2006

Mighty, trust me this is the first time I have set anything beyond a daily goal, but I am just feeling really crappy about my drinking lately that I decided to be lofty in saying 20 days. I may not make it. And if I don't I am not going to beat myself up. There is no pressure here on this board to do or say anything that does not work for you. I just needed to say it out loud because I am hoping that will put some pressure on me to stay on track. And I will say for the record, after this 20 days, I am back to making daily goals. I am not good with the long-term thing either. So see? You do fit in. Every day I feel like I am just starting out too.............
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Mighty, trust me this is the first time I have set anything beyond a daily goal, but I am just feeling really crappy about my drinking lately that I decided to be lofty in saying 20 days. I may not make it. And if I don't I am not going to beat myself up. There is no pressure here on this board to do or say anything that does not work for you. I just needed to say it out loud because I am hoping that will put some pressure on me to stay on track. And I will say for the record, after this 20 days, I am back to making daily goals. I am not good with the long-term thing either. So see? You do fit in. Every day I feel like I am just starting out too.............
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Ah...and now we've found a solution...If each of us are holding another's hand, we wouldn't have a free hand to pick up a drink...
        Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
        Plato

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

We still have straws!:no: :yay:
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

For those aspiring writers

Speaking of goals, I've been meaning to bring this up, and got waylaid these last few days with life (it began today). Some of you may have heard about it...NaNoWriMo. "National Novel Writing Month". It's a national challenge, similar to a marathon. The goal is to write 50,000 words by November 30th.
            You can post your writings online, or keep it to yourself until the end. A few people from previous years have even been published.:wow:
            Here's the link:
            National Novel Writing Month - National Novel Writing Month

Who's in???
            Plato

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

I think Becca is still perfecting that bra with straw... drink dispenser... for the small town/small minded party types!:H

Remember that ?
              The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

I just knew someone would (quickly) come up with an alternative to getting that drink to our mouths!:H
                Judie won the prize!
                Plato

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

You guys are great!!! I honestly don't worry about how you will think me -- you have made your undying commitment to the whole group very clear -- AND THAT IS WONDERFUL!!!! It is me that I to face if I fail to live up to what I want to do in my life -- and God. So, I am very careful what I commitment myself to in my own mind. I know I sound SOOOOO serious!!!

I should also mention that I have beaucoop celebrations this month! I am turning 50, I was born on the same day as Voltairre!!!! (the same day of the year, not the same year though some days it feels like it). I will be married 26 years, my mother is turning 79 and my husband is turning 64. And I've been promoted to carry out a new program. If it works, I'll be a partner by the end of the year (scarry!!!) Where I used to say that I have lots and lots of opportunity to celebrate, I now feel like I have lots and lots of opportunity to challenge myself to keep my current daily goals stable. I think I'll keep myself on a short leash (but one of those flexible ones where the cord runs out real long when you feel like running and contracts when the owner decides you've had enough). Only problem with this scenario is that I'm the dog and the owner -- the 'ole fox in the hen house problem!!!

But I am sure going to continually make my new goals and my new lifestyle integrated into all of these wonderful celebrations!!!

MM
                  Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

I would love to write a novel - but since I am writing a professional text book due by February 15th, I guess I'll have to wait until next year (boo hiss boo hiss) It sounds like so much fun!!!

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Is anyone here a "techy" type? Like you understand computer stuff? Like complex computer stuff? Like the gobbly goo language type of techy stuff?
                      Have I ever mentioned that I hate my job?
                      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

By the way, can anyone tell me what a paperclip by the ratings mean? Also, what about the buddy system thing under our profiles?

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

No fan sweetheart - point and click is about my level, but thanks

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Who needs the Chat forum, this is great. Jenneh, why do you hate your job? And Mike, thanks for the wonderful encouragement. I think you are pretty terrific too! You are always so supportive of everyone. I read your writings today about the mask (I sent a reply but not until today because I was swamped yesterday). But, I thought it was really thought-provoking - and you are so DEEP!!! It was sophistocated stuff you wrote!!! Didn't understand all of it, but I was impressed. Mike, maybe you should be writing a novel.

Jenneh - what is it that you need to know? I am totally computer illiterate, but my son is brilliant. And my webmaster is a genius. I wouldn't mind asking them a question or two if it would help you. Just let me know. In fact, my webmaster is working with me tonight to get my new site up, so its perfect timing if you have a question.

MM

MM

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

MM - you are awesome - let me see if I can actually formulate what I am trying to ask into something intelligible and not gobbly goop
                              Thanks again!
                              In the meantime - check this out LOL
                              Hick computer terms
                              Log On: Makin' the wood stove hotter.

Log Off: Don't add no wood.

Monitor: Keepin' an eye on the wood stove.

Download: Gettin' the firewood off the pickup.

Mega Hertz: When yer not careful down loadin'.

Floppy Disk: Whatcha git from pilin' too much firewood.

Ram: The hydrolic thingy that splits the firewood.

Hard Drive: Getting' home in the winter season.

Prompt: What you wish the mail was in the winter.

Windows: What to shut when it's below 15 below.

Screen: What 'cha need for the black fly season.

Byte: That's what the flies do.

Chip: What to munch on.

Micro Chip: What's left in the bottom of the bag.

Infrared: Where the left-overs go when Fred's around.

Modem: What 'cha did to the hay fields.

Dot Matrix: Farmer Matrix's wife.

Lap Top: Where little kids feel comfy.

Keyboard: Where ya hang your keys.

Software: Them plastic eatin' utensils.

Mouse: Whats eats the horses grain.

Main Frame: Hold up the barn roof.

Port: Fancy wine.

Enter: C'mon in.

Random Access Memory: You can't remember whatcha' paid for that new rifle when your wife asks

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Jenneh: You are sooooooooo funny!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X