Wed November 1, 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wed November 1, 2006

:H That makes perfect sense to me, Jenneh! I was wonderin' about a lot of that terminology...
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Hey everybody..just wanted to show you a picutre of my little grandspooks! :0) This is one BIG reason I decided to go Abs (other than the fact that I am a lousy modmuffin..guess that makes me an Absmuffin? :0)

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Mike is deep? Hmmmmm. I will have to think on that. And do not think the two handed comment went unnnoticed Mike.

Okay, back to seriousness now people. I just got back from therapy where I told my therapist I am, well, I am a LUSH. She was very supportive, took down the name of our website and thought it sounded great. She wanted me to visualize drinking something other than wine tonight, and while I still would like a glass of wine I stopped off and bought seltzer with lime. I am rethinking the whole verbalizing goals thing and I believe that is Jen's fault for making me.

And I will outbeat you anytime in the hating your job department Jen.

Di, darling picture!!!! Thanks for sharing. I am sure Fan will jump in now about liking your abs and your muffin.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

I think the kids are soooooooo great -- you are vew pretty!!! What a wonderful situation you have created for yourself.

OK, Lush. First of all, you make the word "lush" sound so horrible. If you are going to drink to excess, a lush is a generous term - its a person who has the courage to admit that they drink too much, so it depicts bravery of truth instead of cowardace of deceit. Secondly, and probably because it is such an endearing term, it is also a slang word meaning cool or excellent - and certainly is the way we think about you. Many believe it is an honor to go by such a name, including Lush, the shoeganing band from London. Lush, the cosmetic store has quite a following. And there is this book that I've heard is really good (but I haven't read it) called "Lush" by Natash Fried. The bottom line is you chose a great name for yourself because you are a really neat person.

So why do you hate your job??

MM
          Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

OK, goals for November:
            *Get through this deep chasm of emotional separation I'm in with my husband (and our wedding anniversary is in November)
            *Instead of writing a book, my goal is to finish categorizing my 8500 books, and create a small database to place online, instead of my previous goal of having ALL my books in a database and photographed before I could sell one. I do that (make it a mountain), then begin to feel like a failure or lose interest as the goal becomes insurmountable.
            *Start anew with the CD's, supps, Topa. I had to work (with patients) the last 2 days, and I was in such a mental/emotional funk that I decided to go off topa for a couple of days. At work, I'm expected to be highly intelligent, organized, etc. And I expect myself to be that way, too. Was I? No way. I sucked. Not a good thing.
            *Continue with Weight Watchers
            *I have reduced my drinking to about 4 glasses of wine a night, but to be honest, I'm not sure where I'm going with my drinking goals-mod? abs? just reduce?
            Like I said, I feel like I'm back at day one.

Someone posted this recently, and I'd love to incorporate it into my signature. I've had it on a sticky on my computer for months.

The Man Who Removes a Mountain Begins By Carrying Away Small Stones...
            Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
            Plato

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

OK - My dream non-alcoholic drink is my own "mock" marguerrita: Take lemon-lime drink, I like the huge wine fish bowl type gobblet - stic both in the freezer for about an hour. Chill the lemon-lime till almost frozen - get "lush" ice (no pun intended Lush honest - here it is known as that ice that they make slushes out of in 7/11 stores). Take your frozen goblet, rub it with a lime around the lip, stick it in coarse kosher salt, mix a little of the lemon-lime into the lush, slush, and fill the glass, cut off a straw so its about four inches. If you slurp real fast, you actually even get a headache!!!!

Thanks my simulated drink! Actually I love those things

MM

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Oops!!! Forgot to mention - don't forget to put in a couple of drops of immitation rum flavoring!!! And if you can't find a lemon lime drink, just go with lime - one with a stiff lime flavor.

MM

Comment

Wed November 1, 2006

Oh, Fan, it is sooooo fun!! Whether making them with your sweetheart or your kid, there are soooooo many options; and you can be so creative. Like, there is rasberry or strawberry & cream drink, with just a touch of mocha, mmmmmmmmm - but you know, all of these non-alcoholic drinks are really caloric, and non of them are good for you. Its ironic that, depending if it can be controlled, wine is better than any of them. Depending on the study, however, whether AMA or the French Council, it will vary between two and five glasses a day. There is an island in the Mediterranean Sea in Southern France and Italy that live longer than anywhere in the world. They live on wine, olives and fish!!!! They are everyone's scientific Guinia pigs.

And so I digress!!! These non-alcoholic with the right equipment are "tres cool". Nobody ever invites people over to look at etchings anymore, now its to come over and have a latte or iced drink (made from these new-fangled machines) Really a great way to get warmed together or refreshed, depending on the weather. Guess you see, I'm a real romantic -- atmosphere with substance is really so important. So, try it! You'll like it!! If you want some recipes, let me know.

MM

Comment

Working...
                  X