Thursday November 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday November 2nd

Each of us has to find our own way Allie. The coming times are going to be hard but it sounds like your husband is trying to help you. Your Mum has a wonderful daughter and whatever she faces she has you to support her. I bet she thinks of herself as lucky. I wish you all the best.
    Love Waves x
    Enough is enough

Comment

Thursday November 2nd

Mike, you already ARE supportive, silly
      I hope in a year - heck, I hope in way less than that - you have changed your signature, darling.
      Love ya
      Jen
      Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Thursday November 2nd

Fan wrote: I'm very sad, but as supportive as I can be Allie.

In a year, I hope to be supportive.

People post such wonderful things here, and for once I'm going to just shut up and say "see above."

Mike
        or see below depending on your settings :H
        :h :h :h :h

Comment

Thursday November 2nd

Good Morning all Mods,

the Universe may help us visualize where we want to be.

Same for anything else you might fake.

Smiling upon you with infinite affection -

***** The Universe

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday. Hosted the dinner for my Master Mind group last night, was home cooking and cleaning. House looks awesome this morning.

I had one and a half glasses of wine last night. The half glass during the dinner the full glass at about 11 PM as I was still rather wound up with the conversation and the get it done attitude for the day. Heck still doing dishes about then. (what I happened to notice was, I didn't need to drink ahead of time which use to be my MO.)

I would like to comment on a couple things said here:

I don't ever recall feeling like I wanted a drink because I was here on the boards . . but, I do not ever come online in an evening only during my work day. . . Maybe that has something to do with the feeling. Sometimes if I feel I am fighting the drinking demon, before I go home I go to the my story section or the general discussion section and often times those stories scare me away from drinking. Days go by now where I don't miss the alcohol. Back in April, I don't think that was the case for one moment of one day so time helps.

I think the drink tracker HELPS me not drink as I am going to have to publicly post this alcohol intake.

It is good to set goals for the month but make them reachable to the point where they are doable and not so painful that when you are stressed they get thrown out the window. Easing into this is good as we are all works in progress! I kind of like the thought that I am building a lifestyle rather than thinking I am NOT having a drink this evening.

Allie, I am so very sorry for all you are going through. Have you taken out your CD's in a while? - those are great for learning to breath and relax so you can pull up that relaxed feeling when you would rather pull up a drink. Your husband asking to not have wine in the house is a good thing. As all the above or below have said, your mom is quite lucky to have you. Maybe lean of on your husband I think he is offering you a helping hand here.

There is hard liquor in the cabinet, none of it my real favorite so it has not been a bone of contention with me. . . lately. The wine could sit there forever and I would be fine with it hanging in the house. . . RUM is a different story. I have not had rum in the house since July. I mentioned to my husband when I bought a bunch of wine last night for master mind that since we may be only having 15 people for Thanksgiving and not our usual 28-30 and the big alcohol consuming part of the family - maybe we should just have the wine. He said, no, he would prefer to have the hard liquor too. Maybe I am making this look like it is so easy for me in front of him? I may revisit this conversation with him or I may have to deal with it calling to me no matter where I am in the house! One drink is fine, is it weird to be freaked I may fall back to many more if it is sitting in the house?

November:

Try to get back to the bike at least 5 times a week. Really like doing seven.
          Keep up the water.
          Drink one or two glasses of whatever at the parties coming up and AF days I am not going to parties unless I really want a drink. Pretty much losing my taste for alcohol.
          Here is the one I seem to forget about: Do something nice for myself daily.
          Come to the boards as much as possible as you guys keep me sane and in line!

Hugs and Love to all of you - such wonderful sweet and supportive gals and guy!
          Mary

PS: Welcome all you wonderful new people!

Comment

Thursday November 2nd

Aliie, I completely understand your reasoning and my prayers are with you and your mother. We will all

be here for you when you are ready too return. I was AF last night and feeling frisky and energitic today!

I'm getting alot accomplished and not feeling rushed. I'll check back in later.
            Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Thursday November 2nd

In a year...

I don't know how anyone can look so far ahead. I am aiming for alcohol control and 130lb weight by February. ( already dropped 13lb -still to drop 11lb)

In an ideal world I would have a different job by this time next year but still earn the same money. ( or more!!!!!!! )

I loved this saying :

The Man Who Removes a Mountain Begins By Carrying Away Small Stones

Luschious, I hope you carry away one small stone tonight.:l

Love to all as always, ( including new members- it's nice to see our gang grow)
              Waves x
              Enough is enough

Comment

Thursday November 2nd

MKR, The quote from the Universe made me laugh. Hmmm, do we fake other things sometimes? Fan, any comments from you? It is about that time of day when the thread takes it tawdry turn, isn't it?

And thanks Waves for your kind words. You are such a sweetie. And big time congratulations on the weight loss!!!! Our muffins are shrinking around here..........
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Thursday November 2nd

YES, Fan, now thats more like it with the signature!!!!BRILLIANT!

Comment

Thursday November 2nd

I am adding a quote to mine as well

Comment

Thursday November 2nd

Lusch - I love it.

Comment

Thursday November 2nd

I am trying to make it bigger but it won't take......even if I hit the save button.

Comment

Thursday November 2nd

Love the quote Lush!

Did you try rubbing it to make it bigger?.... Hmmm... Hee hee:H
                          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Thursday November 2nd

I know you would come around today Fan!!! And Jude, your comment I will leave alone.

Comment

Thursday November 2nd

Mike,

I was kidding with you earlier about the above and below.......maybe it wasn't a good time. It seems you may be down today, I'm sorry if I've added to that in any way

:sorry:

Comment

Thursday November 2nd

Lush,

you have to highlight it with your curser and then go to sizes, make it bigger and then save it.

Comment

Working...
                                X