Wed, Nov. 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wed, Nov. 8

You know Waves, you are going to have to earn an award of some sort for starting the Once Upon A Time thread. If it is not already the longest thread ever on here it is sure soon to be. Glad we could brighten your day with our ridiculousness. It brightened mine too.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

Good afternoon everyone~
      I'm sailing along pretty good. Gypsi, I've been thinking about you, and I wish my Mom having cancer made me not have time to drink! Its seems to make the battle a bit tougher for me b/c that has been my "painkiller" that has been most familiar in times past. I know this is super tough time right now, and know that many here understand.

I've spent lots of time "reflecting" I guess you could say the past few days and it seems to help for me to envision the "me" I want to see in a year from now and so on, and then what I must do to make her happen! I'm a little dissapointed that I am not quite as far as I would like to have been at this point, but I also have to take into account that I didnt make allowances for any life catastrophe's either! My cousin took me out to lunch today and gave me a really nice (and expensive) bottle of wine, so I am glad it is expensive so it makes it much less tempting to drink it! Its a birthday gift; she doesnt normally just bring me bottles of wine LOL!

But Becca, you would be proud as I ran three miles yesterday WITHOUT STOPPING and my calves are whining about it today! But I am going to at least walk for about 45 minutes to burn off lunch as I have another dinner out tonight.

Everyone have a great rest of the day!
      Allie
      What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

Wow. Allie, well done on the run.
        Enough is enough

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

Hello all,
          A mean spirited wench stole my avatar a couple of weeks ago, but I seemed to have her locked up for now. Which is good since my hubby recently told me I am slowly sucking the life out of him. Actually I?m sure he wishes I was sucking the life out of him, but since he is fixed that is impossible.

Sorry if I offended anyone getting those AF days in. It was just old fashion jealousy. Every week, I say, this is the week I will have 3 AF days and every week, I get maybe 1 or 2 in. It?s hard to be on a journey with no clear destination in mind, just look at Once Upon a Time; they don?t know where they are going either. :H

I just got RJ?s new hypos for Mom?s and started listening to it this week. I can?t tell you what the difference is between them and the regular set as I go to La La Land really fast with either one of them, but I am interested in listening to them again, so that is a good thing.

I have been away too much to do anything other then a group hug. OK, now this is where you hug yourself!

Lush, about the Gaba. I have been taking it since RJ first recommended it and I stopped because I thought it might be messing with my coffee buzz. I was wrong, it doesn?t and I think it makes my brain a little happier.

Ciao,
          Laura
          Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

:H Laura. Another cheering post:thanks:
            Enough is enough

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

Laura, I am so glad you have not abandoned us. I know what you mean when others do the AF days and then you think "why cannot I not do more?" but that is not what this program is about. It is about making strides in what we used to and improve on that, right? Thanks for the feedback on the Gaba. I am anxious to try it.

Allie, awesome job on the exercising. My work has been so busy lately and the weather here has been horrific that I have not gotten outside yet. Your comment about envisioning yourself in a year and not being where you want to be right now struck a real chord with me. Exactly why I finally gave in and started going to therapy. You will get there. You just have other major things going on right now. BTW, I just realized it's your birthday today isn't it???!!!! Isn't it???!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! :l

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

i'm feeling really lonely tonight, my partner cancelled our plans as she has to help a friend out so now i'm in on my own and couldn't resist opening the lovely bottle of pinot noir i bought to go with dinner. i'm all dressed up in a nice dress with my expensive lingerie on and noone to talk to.

ho hum

the wine is going down very slowly though, i'm trying to be good.

I know the moderation will go out the window on Friday though, its a friends hen night. not entirely sure i'm looking forward to it...

Laura, I love your avatar, can I steal it for another board I'm on, pretty please?

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

Hi all.............

I have been reading alot and not posting much, just because I too haven't been AF at ALL lately, can't seem to get it together, like to see that that is not what it is all about and what we are being judged on..........that we aren't being judged her!? WHAT A CONCEPT!! I really should know better, been here long enough....I am still better than I was back in June

Gypsy,glad you are here and you sound good, SM Mary, sounds like you have alot of support....that is great!

Everyone, hope you are doing well there are some new faces and names, welcome:welcome:

Have a great evening all!! I am going to try to stay under 6 beers again.......good for me believe it or not!

Love and hugs to all you guys!!

MA

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

We have too many on here to qualify for judge or jury so I think court can go fly!!!!!!!!!!

This is a mods board !Anything under ?? to me is brilliant going by everyone.

This is a light-hearted post. Don't want anyone to feel hurt. I know how sensitive we all are.:l

6 beers is great Mary Anne.
                    Enough is enough

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

New rule. No one is allowed to stay away because they think they are not moderating perfectly. We are not a judging bunch at all, right? At least we are here working on our problem. My moderating is probably a lot more than others moderating but it is what works for me right now. If I have to fly to each of your homes and slap some sense into you I will.....don't make me do it........Can you tell I have had wayyyy too much caffeine today?

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

Waves, I agree anything under ?? is a good day.

Mary Anne, the fact you have planned ahead and have a limit is great. The number of the limit be damned!

Tink. You can borrow my Avatar anytime you like. Sorry your plans got changed. Being home alone is one aspect of not drinking I have not mastered yet. I know this is a habit thing, but that wine or vodka just calls to me.

Fan, you are so cute, you almost sounded flummoxed (it's that a great word?)

Allie, If today is the big day. Happy Birthday to you! and If not. "Happy merry unbirthday to you" too.

Laura
                        Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

Hey Guys!
                          Thanks... yes, its my birthday, thanks! Big 38 today.... sigh. Forty is getting WAY to close! Thanks again - may pop in later on chat tonight if anybody is around. Hoping to moderate and not "celebrate" too much! (that rhymes a little?) LOL. Got family piling in the house calling me from downstairs!!

Later...
                          Allie
                          What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

Hey all,

When I don't get a chance to check in on everyone in a morning . . well . .my day is just not the same!

Gosh it is great to see all of you come back, Gypsi, Laura, Precious, we did miss you all.

Becca, I went to a jewelry party last night for a lady who use to be my client when she designed pillows, She is now designing jewelry and what an eye she has. Got one Hannakuh and one Christmas present last night. Drank one glass of wine and nibbled, it was nice.

I stayed up like an idiot watching the election results until 1:15. Had a 7 AM breakfast meeting this morning. I was berating myself this morning for how stupid I was waiting for voting results . . . when we still don't have one here in NM at 3 this afternoon. Ah Well.

Can't ride the bike for a bit because on Monday I got over zealous with my knee recovery and tried to go one full day out of the house with out my brace. BIG mistake. Have it swollen and not tracking correctly in just a few short hours. Gotta tell you, it is not going to hold me back on getting rid of it. . . but I may be stuck with it for a lot longer than I had realized. Kind of a bummer though!

SM Mary - great post!

Gypsi - such incredible strength, I truly admire you!

Congrats Mike - good job!

Love Lush's new rule! good one! Hope you are feeling great today. You are so special!

Allie, Happy Birthday Sweetie!!! Hope it is a wonderful day!

OK, WHERE IS JUDIE?? time to send out a search team for her?! Hope you and your kittie are good and having too much fun to post!

Hugs and Love to all I did not mention personally!
                            Mary

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

Good evening everybody. No really big news. I have been preparing press releases and budgets all day. Very scarry!!! Happy Birthday Allie! It is amazing how close we are in birthdays! We do have so much in common.

Lush, you are always so supportive.

Tinkerbell. If you would like me to send you a Perricone on $20 a day, I have broken it down. Just let me know. Fan, as usual it is always good to hear from you.

I am playing Christmas music. It always makes me melancholy. But at the same time, I love it so much. Logs on the fire filled with desire . . .

MM
                              Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Wed, Nov. 8

yeah, the perricone thing would be interesting, thanks!

I'm a bit drunk now, dammit. I wish I were stronger. I feel like I'm also using this board as a bit of a crutch, and posting too much and probably pissing everyone off. but I am addicted to messageboards anyway!

and I'm feeling so low today for some reason. ugh

i'll be fine though, I always am.

xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X