Thursday November 9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday November 9th

Lynn, did not want you think I missed your post. I, too, am sorry for what you are going through with your son. I hope he learns a lesson from all of this. Oh to learn the lessons early in life.....what a gift that can be.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Thursday November 9th

Yes, Dilayne, I agree. You are making good decisions here.

It's nice to see everyone.....but I have to run and make some candles today.

Hubby is home too

Becca, I can't call today......but I'm going to call. I walked 6 miles yesterday and 5 today:wow: I'm hurtin' for certain. I am thinking I am going to have to learn to put some jogging in there.....13-14 minute miles are just not cutting it, even though it seems like I just can't walk any faster! I watched the biggest looser last night and was thinking "If they can do it, so can I"

Love to all, Have a great day!
      :h :h :h :h

Comment

Thursday November 9th

Dianne and Lynn,

WOW tough scenarios to go through. Hang in there you two. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your children. all those grand babies Di, I am just so sad for them. I think you are handling it beautifully. Lynn, wow, you and your husband are incredibly giving. You did something most of us would shy away from or even run from. I applaud you and hope he comes around as Lush said, early lessons are good ones that really stick sometimes.

Judie, Oregon and Washington are raining and flooding, hope you are surviving that and not really affected by it.

Huge group is right! Wishing you all peace and a delightful day or even just a better day than yesterday!

Love you all,
        Mary

PS: wishing you luck tonight Becca, may the sales flow heavier than the wine!!! xo

Comment

Thursday November 9th

Hi Everyone!
          Thanks for all the birthday wishes yesterday and I am late coming on today because I've been busy smearing on wrinkle cream all morning. HA!

Dilayne --- Wow, so much on your plate, I had no idea! Your son-in-law sounds very much like my first husband, and unfortunately people like that rarely change. Those "mooch off of others" mindsets are hard to break, and my ex-husband after 14 years is now back home living with his Dad and no better off than he was when we divorced 14 years ago. After thousands and thousands of dollars that his parents, (my parents years ago) spent trying to help him get on his feet, bail him out of jail, pay fines for him, invest in "start up costs" of businesses for him, blah, blah, blah.... anyway... I dont mean to be negative, but I hate to see you invest another dime in him. However, if you really feel your daughter can break free of him, then that might be a worthwhile investment. Once I was able to get away from the attachments of my ex-husband, I was able to go to school and get my life together, and I was so grateful for the help my family was able to give me without my ex squandering it on drugs or whatever before it ever got to me. Anyway... my thoughts and prayers are with you!

I had a wonderful birthday... nothing off the charts or anything, but it was just REALLY nice. My husband surprised me with a gift certificate for a new laptop, so I am thrilled! We will go pick out this weekend. I have not been taking the Topamax for a while because I am really sensitive to it, but I DO keep it on hand and take it in low doses when I feel I need it most. So the last two nights I have taken 50 mg and it worked wonderfully. Unfortunately, if I take it every day, it loses its effect, so I dont take it every day. My whole family went out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, and it was FAB! Good thing I ran 3 miles earlier in the day! And I MUST say that Topamax does NOTHING to curb my appetite for "Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake". Hmmmmm. Think I'm going to run 5 miles today!! :H I had two glasses of "The Cheesecake Factory" brand wine -- their Cabernet, and could not finish the second glass. I normally would have had another glass of wine after getting home last night, but was sooooo sleepy from all the rich food and the sleepy effects of the Topa, so was in the bed by 9:30 and my husband said I was out cold by 10.... isnt that what you are supposed to do when you are 38??? LOL....

So today is my Dad's birthday.... (Help, I need a break), so my husband and I are taking my parents out to dinner tonight (maybe I'll run 10 miles today instead of 5), at a nice Italian place, so once again I will be taking my Topa!

Well off to start my marathon calorie burn! Have a wonderful day everyone!

Allie
          What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Thursday November 9th

Happy birthday for yesterday Allie. All this talk of long runs makes me jealous- I used to run cross-country until I hurt my back, years ago, and am slowly trying again now. Am up to 20 minutes running now- don't ask distance!!! Began in August with 20 steps walk 20 steps run.

Di, I really feel for you. This is going to be so hard. I think you are doing the right thing. You can't bail him out for ever. Good luck.:l

Imagine, I love your new avatar. It makes my imagination wander.

Everyone else: BIG GROUP HUG

Love to all as always.

Waves x
            Enough is enough

Comment

Thursday November 9th

HI Everybody..I'm back..gotta fly by because I missed some work this morning and have to catch up. I wanted to THANK YOU so much for your loving thoughts and prayers..they were with me all morning..their seemed to be a presence greater than me that got us through. My daughter is OK and seems to be seeing things more clearly every day. I came out of it only short $20 for gas and cigarettes (cringing here). He'll be in jail through tomorrow. My daughter wishes it were longer. The car was wrecked..who knows how? He had been smoking pot ..the police told her that..they almost gave him a DUI, but didn't. She has her car and phone and knows that this is how it will be..

Gotta go..just wanted to know that you all were in the car with me this morning and what a difference it made to know that! I'm going to post this message on the Abs board too..they were there as well! What a community we have..so much power!
              (hugs) Dianne

Comment

Thursday November 9th

Happy Belated Birthday Allie-kins!
                Love you!!!
                Jen
                Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Thursday November 9th

Hey Ya'll, I'm still alive.

Haven't quite felt like it the past few days, but starting to feel almost human again... Our Smokey Cat had to stay with the vet till Tues., & is still in recovery, here @ home. But seems to be in good spirits. I haven't been the most attentive nurse, as I haven't been feeling well either, but starting to bounce back a bit now.

Dilayne, I'm so sorry for what you & your family are going thru. Your story brings up so many mixed emotions for me. On one hand, I totally agree with Becca, on another, I know I've been given second chances before... after having put my family thru hell. Praying for you all...

Lynn, is your son home now? Hoping so.

Happy belated Birthday Allie! Hope you enjoyed it!

Hope you're feeling better Mary Ann. Have fun camping!

MKR, Sorry about your knee, I have a brace I should wear @ work but don't very often...it's not comfortable. So I just "risk" it... probably not a good idea, and temporary at that!

We have had torrential rain & wind here, so I guess I haven't missed much by laying around sick for days... but the sun is shining now... feeling better already! Maybe I'm alergic to winter!:upset:

Big group Hug & love to everyone!
                  The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Thursday November 9th

Dear Judie,

Great to see you back!! Sorry you have not been feeling well. Glad that Smokey (name of my first kittie) is is in good spirits! Yep, the doctor said last time I would be in the brace for the rest of my life. (At the time I am thinking you really don't know my personality as I am going to refuse to wear that sucker at some point!) Surgery is out because this is so rare and it is really hit or miss on the results. I was pretty disappointed that this much time has gone by and I can not get along without that darn brace. Just got new pads and straps on Wednesday - amazingly it is a ton more comfortable than before.

Love ya, Mary

Comment

Thursday November 9th

Hey MKR, Glad your brace is more comfy. They do have quite a selection of them; these days. I opted not to go with reconstructive surgury, as the Dr., said I was doing pretty well with what I had... all things considered & no guarantees on the outcome... as long I don't have my heart set on a career in basketball, or skiing, I can live with it...I do miss skiing & running on the beach, but I can bike ride, with no problem, and hiking is fine, as long as I take my time, & step carefully. I really have to be careful dancing, but since I married a man that DOESN"T dance (I still can't believe I did that!! ), that's not usually a problem...

Wish I could send everyone some fresh figs! Our tree is full of em! Of course they all ripen just about at the same time... and don't have a shelf life... unless you dry em. Which I don't have the time or patience for right now. But I'll take a big bag of them to work tomorro & pass em around, as well as a bunch to relatives. What we don't eat, the deer will. Thankfully this rain didn't ruin all of them.

Comment

Thursday November 9th

ARRRGGG!! I hate when I do that!

Just posted a nice long reply,... went back to edit a tiny little bit of it & deleted it!

Anyway, MKR, glad your brace is more comfy! They do have a lot more options in the way of those things these days.

I opted to not go the route of reconstructive surgury, as the Dr. couldn't guarantee what kind of result with my age...and he said I was doing quite well with what I had, as long I wasn't looking for a career in basketball, or skiing. I do miss skii racing & moguls, but it wasn't a career...I miss running on the beach too, but I can still bike ride with no problem.
                        Hiking is fine, as long as I'm careful & don't turn my knee... you know!

Wish I could E-mail everyone some fresh figs! Our tree out front is full of em! Thankfully the rains haven't spoiled all of em. I've got a bunch I'm taking into town tomorro to pass around. They don't keep long, and don't travel well or mail em out!

:l , Judie

Comment

Thursday November 9th

You have a fig tree? I am so jealous. I have a really good recipe where you wrap them in prosciutto and drizzle with a balsamic glaze. Yuummmyyy!!!!
                          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Thursday November 9th

Sounds Great ! I'll take all the new ideas you've got for figs! I usually just chop em up & throw them in with some vanilla yogurt. Or eat em plain.

Someone else was telling me how you can slow bake them if they're not quite ripe, & add some type of cheeze... sound familiar? I'll have to ask her next time I see her.

Comment

Thursday November 9th

Hi everybody..
                              Exhaling...ahhhhhhhhhhh
                              Lynn, you have a lot on your plate as well..and what an amazing story about your children. Congratulations on your 3 days AF..Yes, the topamax was a miracle drug for me..I really wanted it to help and I did my best to do my part. Take care..the exercise will help with the feeling tired.

Sm-mary, thanks...love your little red car/avatar!

MM-strong? Yeah...I always said that I came to this planet to learn to Love..so God says to me, ? you want to love? OK, love THIS (my daughter) :0) She?s been a hand ful from the get go, but she has made me strong, and she has taught me to love...funny thing, the other 2 kids are amazingly ?easy?...they really have their acts together..so I?ve got a little grace on my side too!

MA-I?m taking it that you are a nurse or a doctor? Bless you, bless you...I bow down to nurses and kindergarten teachers!!! Enjoy your camping! Where are you going?

Becca..Oh honey, I feel the same way you expressed..but I?ve got enough practice with it now, I think I?m on the other side of it..(course it is one thing that drove me to therapy last year..) I?ve had some time to heal and they?ve been out of my house for 2 years..for the most part I think the worse is over, at least for my husband and me..we?ve drawn the line. Re: jewelry..I?m racking up on it this Christmas..I?m designing websites for 2 friends who are selling and designing jewelry..part of the deal is I get some goods!

Allie HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!! A new laptop??? I Want one!..you and Becca are inspiring me to get off my ass with all the running you are doing!

Fan..I think I read somewhere about you riding a bike..well, I?m very excited. My husband told me he would buy me a treadmill for Xmas..so this week I?m drawing plans to convert my youngest daughter?s old bedroom into my Zen play room..for yoga and my new treadmill...

My sewing stuff is in there, but I?m separating it with some Shoji screens..I?m excited because I REALLy need some exercise too!

Tinkerbell..do you have some prospects for employment? 4 days AF this week is great!

Hello Lush darling...and Jenneh, imagine, preciouspinot (was my favorite wine!)

Hi Waves..Judie, feel better!
                              Gotta go..it?s quittin time..

Thanks again for today!
                              Can we have one more group hug?
                              XOXO Dianne

Comment

Thursday November 9th

MKR Mary..I missed you! Is work lightening up yet? Did you get some help? I would love to see what you do!

Hi to anyone I missed..I'm not good at naming everyone!
                                :0(

Comment

Working...
                                X