Nervous Mom!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervous Mom!

I'm a complusive check-off-the-list person myself!!!
    Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Nervous Mom!

Hey Everybody!

Well I'm not setting my goals too high for today. Just getting up & having tea, nursing my kitty, and trying to muster up some energy to get the house looking 1/2 way livable again, before going back to work tonight.

I didn't think we had a "maid"... but just go get sick & not get much done around the house for a few days...Yep I guess "It's ME!" Suprise, suprise!

Amazing what 3 dogs, a sick cat, and a Hubby can do to a home!
      I'm just glad he didn't cook too much!

I guess my most important goal for today, is work on my gratitude. I'm so thankful for so many blessings in my life. From the looks of the news... I'm lucky to have a home to clean. Just watching a report this morning on POW's from Viet Nam, WOW! Talk about inspirational, and having a great attitude! Some pretty amazing stories ...what those people were put thru, and their strength they continue to share with others.:h

Hope everyone has a great day! Hugs, Judie
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Nervous Mom!

Allie, some of the stories I've started to tell my Mom, about when I was younger, like in high school,... She's stopped me and said, "Why would you think I want hear this now?"

I was a bit wild... Probably one of the reasons I don't have kids...

Comment

Nervous Mom!

Hey Allie!

I've just woken up to this thread. It's 6.00am but I'll package up those capers immediately. Should be with you shortly.

Tawny

Comment

Nervous Mom!

Allie, the answer is yes. I'm there now.

MM
            Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Nervous Mom!

Lush,
              Jewelry party went great. Thank you for asking. I earned $165 in free jewelry. Plus 2 free bracelets. Nice! Only had a few glasses of wine during, 1 afterwards... no headache, no problem. Good stuff. Was an awesome time with the girls. I got to wear a pink boa and a tiara for being the hostess (very verging on brutal, but it was fun.)
              Mighty Mouse, I'm so glad to hear you are cutting back on the caffeine. Soda especially. There has been a lot of recent info published about the phosphates and the calcium-sucking properties of caffinated carbonated beverages. Like we need that to deal with too! Pump up your calcium intake, maybe, if you don't already. Just a thought. My sister in law just sent me an article about it... I'll try to find it. Remind me if I forget!!

I just got back from the doc. He's lucky he's one of the hottest men I've ever seen in real life cuz I got bad news.
              Bad swollen right shin.
              Shin splints for sure.
              No running for 3 wks.
              Therapy with modalities 2-3 times a week.
              Prescribed an anti-inflammatory I probably can't take cuz of the topa (which I didn't tell him about) and my stupid liver I always worry about even though my tests came back fine.
              Follow up in 3 wks.

:upset: :upset: :upset:

People coming over tonight AGAIN for a dinner party. Already on 1st beer. Fighting tears. Pull me from the brink, friends....please??:upset:

Comment

Nervous Mom!

Did I mention...

:upset: :upset: :upset: :upset:

Comment

Nervous Mom!

now I gotta change my avatar......

Comment

Nervous Mom!

I know there are worse things. way worse!! it's just that this was such a huge part of me doing so well for so long. I gotta figure something out.
                    Not tonight though.

Comment

Nervous Mom!

Ohhh Becca! Darn it, that is not good news:upset: ... But like you said, it could be worse... Still... Arggg! There must still be some type of training you can do while you give your shins a break...? Biking? weights?

Darn it! I'm getting ready to head in to work & saw your post. I'll be thinking of you Sweetie...

Comment

Nervous Mom!

Ohh Becca sweetie, this is heartbreaking. did he say there was a recovery from this where these marathons won't start it back up again? Take this diagnosis a day at a time also . . .OK? Be gentle with yourself and please know the doctors are almost always super cautious as to what you can and can not do long term. There may be plenty of marathons left in you!

Running has never been my favorite sport . . . .but I am a fish and love to swim and free dive, go boating, sailing etc. I love to mountain bike the Bosque near our house, now it is quite a bit of work to walk just a small portion of the trails as they are uneven and even with my brace cause me a lot of pain and suffering afterwards. . . not to mention skiing which we are probably going to have a gangbuster year here in NM if the wet summer is indication. I am just saying to myself this is NOT forever - in the meantime, I have found other sports as Judie mentioned to help calm the nervous beast in me!

Cool on the jewelry party I am familliar with their jewelry and it is fun stuff!

Do have fun at your dinner party tonight.
                        We are all rooting for you to be OK, prays of health and calm throughout this.

Love ya,
                        Mary

Comment

Nervous Mom!

becca, sorry about your news...I've had shin splints before and they hurt like a son of a b%#@* But, there

are plenty of other sports/ exercise you could do that won't take such a toll...hope you have a great

evening regardless....later
                          Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Nervous Mom!

Where did everyone run off too today??? Where is Fan, Mary Anne, Jenneh, Gypsi.....

Comment

Nervous Mom!

While all of the other ladies are being kind and concerned, all I care about is the hot doctor...who did he look like and will he be performing the therapy with modalities on you??!!! That could make it all worth it, no? Seriously, I feel really bad for you since you are so into running. Hope it clears up sooner than Mr. McHottie expects.

And yes, you are right about the calcium sucking properties of soda drinks. Good point.

Fan and Jen, where are you guys? Fan, no comments about the hot doc? Happy Friday all!!!
                              I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Nervous Mom!

Thanks, Judie, Mary, and Precious.
                                Yes, there are other things I can do. The stupid elliptical. The stupid bike. The stupid pool. The stupid weights.
                                It's a good thing I'm staying positive. :durn:

I swear it hurts worse now that he pushed around on it! Said it felt very swollen and "mushy" "SEE?" compared to my other one. I hadn't noticed. Now it's real obvious. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Allie, I feel badly I posted this under your thread and didn't even acknowledge your daughter! I'm glad she's OK. What's up with the car battery?? Those new/used cars, huh? Is this the same guy she went to prom with or a new guy?

OK, better go help hubby now. He just came back from the grocery store with flowers for me and said "you can do it.". I had cried because I said I'm gonna lose it all and go totally backwards:upset: I don't mean completely with the drinking, but with the running endurance. I'm hopefully strong enough now with the drinking that I have enough tools to not LOSE IT.
                                I've worked so hard.:upset:
                                Just really wanna cry a lot tonight. One of those days...
                                thanks for the lovin.

Comment

Working...
                                X