Sunday, November 12th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday, November 12th

Sophia I wish I had some advise to offer regarding your son. I do know some people have gotten topa thru the internet, has he tried that route?

And yes, I'm grateful everyday for this site and everyone here:thanks:

:l :h , Judie
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Sunday, November 12th

"Shape up or ship out".
      That's what brought me here. Just like Allie and Judie. Fed up husband, made a fool of myself AGAIN, had broken too many promises to get the drinking under control, was a lazy fat a** (hence my current avatar!). I had gone to an interview for an intensive outpt program several yrs ago, but decided it didn't fit into my schedule and I certainly could do it on my own. I did well for a while, but with no tools and no support, gradually things slid right back down to a bad place.

Hey Tumadre, I remember suggesting that you get away from the situation with your hubby for a bit... you were expressing so much anger and frustration and stress. I hope I didn't sound like "Hey, run away from all your problems! Great solution!!" Just speaking from what works for me, when I get away from what is stressing me out so badly (esp with hubby) and go talk to the girlfriends, get a fresh perspective and some good laughs, good jabs, and even some good reminders of how great hubby has treated me in the past, I feel SO much better afterwards and can face the situation at home with a cool, clear head. I'm extremely glad for you that things are looking better and that you have decided to work things out. Seeing that you two are best friends, it must mean the world to him that you are standing by his side. He must do the same for you. What a wonderful relationship!

Nothing much new here. Feeling pretty ok today. Had to work a bit. 1 wine, 2 lite beers yesterday. Having a couple/few tonight watching football and having a very nice sunday dinner. Fireplace lit, roast chicken with sausage and wild rice stuffing, sweet potatoes. Yum! My jammies are on already. I'm planning on getting a fantastic night's sleep and getting a lot accomplished tomorrow, including a trip to the gym and cleaning out the junk drawer. It's at that point where when you open it, things jump out and bite you:H .
      Start of a new "drink tracking wk". Every start is a new chance to meet goals, refocus. For some reason (um, because I'm not doing it, duhhh) my 5432100 plan is not working. It worked in May... I'm having a couple high days still. No blackouts or brutal hangovers...one headache though. Not good.
      Anyhow, Here's to this week being a good one. For everybody!

Comment

Sunday, November 12th

I'm here because I think I may need some support.
        I know I will never make myself go to an AA meeting , when I stumbled across this place on the net, thought it looked worthwhile.
        My husband of 20 years has recently left me to seek out greener pastures, and I am worried my drinking will get worse, I would like to prevent that at all costs. I drink way too much as it is, so I'm hoping this place will be good for me.
        His leaving might be the best thing for helping me overcome this habit as now there will be no booze in the house calling to me

Keep smiling
        Kate
        Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
        April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
        wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
        wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
        wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
        wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
        wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
        wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
        http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

Sunday, November 12th

Becca-
          My goodness, that avatar cracks me up! No, I knew it wasn't like that "Run away, run away!". It just triggered something inside me, cause that's how I usually react when I am so angry, to emotionally, physically (or both) run away. I used to go for days without talking-I'm serious-my throat would literally tighten up anytime I tried to bring up any stressful subject and I couldn't talk. Over the years. I've gotten to the point where I can actually have an argument with someone (woo hoo!), but the impulse is still there...to escape. And he's big on avoidance, too. You can imagine how quiet it can get around here. And that's why most people are so amazed when they hear about him having temper problems...So, that night I made a conscious decision to stay and share with him why I was so angry with him. And I did, then he talked, and it just got better from there. Not without a lot more talking, and tears, of course, but we're doing pretty good. So, yeah, I knew how you meant it. :l

As to how I made it to here, sometimes I am afraid to start the story, because I think it'd be a whole book. Literally (Oh, god, what a bad punuch: ). I feel like the alcoholism started before I was even born-it's been in my family, on both sides, for generations. Not an excuse, I know...I'd already tried quitting cold turkey two years ago. That lasted about 6 weeks AF, then gradually crept back up again. I'm just so glad my search led me here, to the supps, the topa, the research, and to all of you! :thanks:
          Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
          Plato

Comment

Sunday, November 12th

Kate-
            This place IS worthwhile! We are here night and day to support you, and we're all here for the same reason.:l I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. Worrying about drinking more due to stress and wanted to prevent that are the first steps towards helping yourself! Good job! Please keep posting, download the book, read more of the posts, and hang in there-
            Tumadre
            :welcome:
            Plato

Comment

Sunday, November 12th

Um, Waves-
              I stole it from someone first before you stole it from me!:H
              Plato

Comment

Working...
              X