Monday, November 13th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, November 13th

Wow Gypsi, you are doing great with sticking to your 2 days..continued prayers coming your way!!!
    And 30 below??? OMG, I would die!

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Gypsi, so glad you posted, we are all thinking of you regularly. Glad the prayers of us all are working. :l

Dilayne, Fantastic! 30 days under your belt is superb!

Lusch, yes thanks, I'm doing ok. Hubby is having some AF nights, like last night, but not consistently. For me some days are harder than others. I could have murdered a Chardonnay last night but didn't want to start again at day one having done 20. I must confess to seriously wondering how to go after 30 days though. I have had some fantastic advice in PMs so I'm not as scared as I was but am still a bit trembly. Thanks for asking.

Becca, glad you've pulled your socks over those traitorous shins. Sounds like you are back on track- that avatar is certainly a kick in the ****

Hawk, the more the merrier on here.

Love to all as always, ( please don't feel left out if your name isn't here- after all you do get love always!:l )
      Waves x
      Enough is enough

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Gypsi, I think it's great that you are down to two days!!! WOW!! Continued prayers and support.

Lush, its good to be on the same time as you for a change. I've missed that. How are you?

Waves 2, I think you are great, a real inspiration!

Presciouspinot, I know what you mean about having too many things to do in a day, that is a real trigger for me!!

I'm so glad that I have gotten to know all of you. It has made a big difference in my life. I wish you all a great day.

MM
        Saving the day one minute at a time!

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Hoooray Mike!
          Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Hi Ya'll! I'm gonna make this short & sweet...(just like me )...

Gypsi! Glad to see you on board. I was just thinking about you this morning.

DI :good: 30 days! Right Arm! That's great!

Hopefully I can get this posted before the power goes out ... again!

At least I had a short shift @ work last night... not so good for the pocket book, but made for a romantic evening when I finally got home.

The power went out at the restaurant (all over town, well all over the county really). My last table had their dinner by candle light, & I brought over a singing teddy bear in a chef's suit that sings "That's Amore' "

Then on the way home there were a few trees down across the road, thankfully the state police got them cleared pretty quikly...( I guess they carry chain saws with them this time of year!) I think it was gusting 60 or 70 mph!

Thankfully we have a gas generator so we were able to watch a movie on dvd by candlight... sure enough, as soon as we crawled into bed... every light in the house came on! But only for a few minutes...

Needless to say, it's still raining. At least the wind has died down.

Happy Monday to Everybody. Love & :l , Judie
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Happy Monday

Just checking in to say hi and glad to hear everyone sounds great.....Gypsi, glad to see you here....I didn't drop off the face of the earth, just went camping in BEATUIFUL Pine Mountain GA this past Fri-Sun...WOW, talk about God's country!!

Drank alot, but kinda new that might happen, going to mod this week, may try to go AF a few days, but don't want to set myself up for failure, will just see how it goes.........

love you all, and will try to check in again tomorrow!!

MA:h :l

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Happy wet and rainy Monday to all,

My hubby wants to be AF during the week for a while. He is in serious diet mode and I am going to support him all the way. He is the one who usually has an open bottle around so for this week anyway, there no Vodka and no open wine bottles to temp me. We are not eating out this week either, so I won't have that trigger to deal with.

Still cleaning up from the kitchen remodel. Phase 2 which is sanding and painting the cabinets starts after Thanksgiving.

Dilayne, Great job. You are an inspiration to me!

Lusch. Don't be calling me old. I know for a fact you are 6 months older then me! I'll be checking in more now. I need to make it a priority again for awhile.

Rachele. I missed the thread, but it sounds like hubby is in between jobs. I'm sorry to hear this, I know how scary it can be. My hubby is self employed and I was terrified when the company I worked for went bankrupt. We lost our insurance and our stability when that happened.
                I guess it was time for the The Universe to kick me in the butt, and I ended up working for myself, which is good, but the transition was very hard.

Hawk, welcome. A good sense of humor is the only thing you need to hang out around here.

Chat later,

Laura
                Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Oh Laura, you old fart, don't threaten me........I am glad you and your husband can support each other with being AF during the week. And I am glad you will be coming around here more often. Sometimes I don't know if I am glad my hubby does not drink and therefore does not care if I do, or if it would better to be with someone who could understand the want to drink but choosing not to do it every night. I am in a bad hormonal state these last days which is always a huge trigger for me, and it makes me lazy and not even want to consider cutting back. It does not help that it is as black as night all day long these days with our storms and I just want to sit and sip and read a book.

Eustacia, we have not heard from you for a while either and hope you are doing better. Gypsi, I am so glad you checked in and give you a huge pat on the back for not turning to alcohol every day during this trying time.

Believe it or not I am heading out to do some Christmas shopping!!! Arghhh. Somebody stop me. But I refuse to be last minute again this year. Have a good night everyone.
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Happy end of eve on this Monday ...I just LOVE reading these posts before I head out of my home office for the eve ..

Lush .. the hormonal stuff .. we NEED to talk .. I'm getting wacked out by it at time too .. but may have figured it out (for now)

To all of you here .. you are my heros .. when you fall down or don't quite make a goal and pick it back up and march forward ...

To those that have made such amazing goals .. for all of us to aspire to ...

To the encouraging words in in PMs .. to the tears that I cried .. to knowing I have you all ...

To the giggles ... and the goofballs ... and the strength in numbers and support ...

You ARE my heros!!

So here's to another day done .. "better than I have done in the past" ... and no knowing it can get even better ...

And to the amazing woman that brought this all together .. I thank you from the bottom of my heart ...

WaitingToExhale

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Dear Waiting to Exhale,
                      Exhale!! Ha ha! Breathe, I mean. I stayed AF today, as promised.
                      Yup, Lush, it's a good idea to commit here, there, and everywhere bright and early with the coffee that you won't drink that night, if you are aiming for getting an alcohol free day in. I'm drinking my herbal tea and actually enjoying it quite a lot.
                      Tired tonight.
                      Waves, I had my first physical therapy appt. this afternoon and she gave my shin a good once-over with some stretching (how the heck did I MISS that muscle??) and an iontophoresis treatment with icing. It was ouchy during treatment, but I feel OK now. Rode the elliptical 45 minutes at a good clip and did weights. Felt great!
                      Hawk, Laura has a good point with the sense of humor requirement . You are most certainly welcome here! I understand about not wanting to be where you don't feel quite comfortable.
                      See everyone in the morning:l

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Hey Becca,

Tell me what they do to your shins in physical therapy....I want to do that to avoid the shin splints!:thanks:
                        :h :h :h :h

Comment

Monday, November 13th

Ugh - Shin splints are the WORST. I developed a bad case in high school and they still bug me - and its 21 years later. (Wait - 21 years? That BUGS me too!) But I was young and stubborn and didn't do anything about them, really. I hope your treatment works!
                          Hawk

Comment

Working...
                          X