Wednesday, November 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday, November 15th

Hey Allie (((big hugs))) It must really be hard to watch your mom go through this...(and I just am senseless about them not having anything to help them pass the time! You've probably heard me talk about my husband and me going to therapy..it's really been amazing. We went this morning. We wanted to discuss a tiff we had over how he disciplines our 4 year old granddaughter (consequently, how he was with my younger daughter as well)..somehow I just don't like how he is with these girls...he is impatient with them..just different with the girls than with the boys. We haven't had a tif in a while, but this did us both in. We stopped and realized that we had both been triggered by this and knew that it had very little to do with Allie (my granddaughter). It was great to talk about it today...and to realize that there is usually something deeper going on but since we're not in touch with that, we argue about other things...since we've been going to therapy, at least we can both acknowledge that something deeper is going on with us when things go wrong..we slow down and try to check in so that we don't just inadvertently project it all on to each other..which is what all couples do..at least some of the time. We've become so much more accepting and patient with one another...I don't know if this helps, but you are going through a lot these days. Be patient with yourself..and I bet he will reflect that patience back to you eventually. (hugs again)

Comment

Wednesday, November 15th

Oh, hello E! Glad you are feeling better dear!

Comment

Wednesday, November 15th

Hi All.

I have decided that I'm a better fit for the mods board since I really do not want to give up alcohol - not yet anyway and maybe never. People with eating disorders still must eat food and can recover anyway, and I see the two problems as very similar.

I'm also afraid to take topa when I'm really tired (most of the last three days) for the same reason I don't want to drink when I'm really tired - it will knock me out. I'm scrambling to catch up in school after an unwisely timed (but incredibly fun) trip and just cannot afford the downtime, so drinking hasn't been a problem for the last four days anyway. If I can control my drinking when I really need to, why can't I control it all of the time? No good reason that I can see.

I do enjoy alcohol and would have felt deprived if I had stayed abstinent over vacation. I'm not sure if I can manage moderation, but heck it's worth a shot. If it doesn't work out, I'll hustle on back to the wonderful folk on the abs board. That's my plan anyway.

Sorry I haven't had time to read through the posts today but will be more diligent when I've gotten my butt out of academic fire. Now back to the books!

Hope everyone has an awesome day.

Tracy

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Wednesday, November 15th

GOod afternoon.....No fan, I was not hiding but believe it or not for once I did not feel I had something profound to add to the conversation this morning. I know, I know, everyone sit down. Shocking. I am now sitting here in the same storm Judie is experiencing waiting for the power to go out.

Allie, I used to get so incensed when my mom would do chemo and how they literally give them nothing to do to pass the time; no movies, no classical music, nothing. I do not understand the reasoning behind it and think we should start some sort of a business to make sure these poor people have something to do. It really breaks my heart. And the last thing people feel like doing is chatting with the others in the room. I am sorry your mom is having side effects this morning, and I hope your hubby and you get it all worked out. He really needs to learn to tread lightly with you during this time; it is such an up and down thing.

Ahhh lights are flickering. I better go. Will try and address everyone later. Welcome here Tracy. Glad to have ya!!!
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wednesday, November 15th

Allie,

I'm just wondering... I'm not familiar with the chemo procedure... but would it be possible to bring in a radio w/headphones or an i-pod? Even a small boom box or transistor radio to have next to her? Like I said, I'm not familiar with the protocal... just wondering about possibilities... :h
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Wednesday, November 15th

Lush,
              Hope you're well stocked with batteries, (for your flashlight! of course... what else?), firewood, & candles!

:l Judie

I'm so glad I got that new booklight last year for camping! Really came in handy the other night!

Comment

Wednesday, November 15th

god my gf is so cruel, i can't believe how much she hurts me.

thats it, i'm going out to buy wine.

I know, I'm weak.

Comment

Wednesday, November 15th

late again

I had a bad one too! Drank WAY too much wine last night, was DETERMINED to be AF, got home without stopping anywhere for anything even!! BUT got to the kitchen and there was a bottle of Shiraz on the counter open, had the rest of it and opened a bottle of cabernet and had a few glasses of that too...GRR

I usually don't even drink wine, save that for company!! Oh well, maybe today??

We shall see...................hope everyone is well, just a short "check in" and now I gotta go, off to the gym (at least I am doing something right, right???:h )

MA

Comment

Wednesday, November 15th

Well on that note.... a bit of twisted humor to get us thru the rest of the day...

I just kept myself occupied for the past 2 hours with my guitar (torturing the dogs)

Here's one of their favorites.

"Please don't bury me" by John Prine

Woke up this morning, put on my slippers
                    walked in the kitchen and died
                    And oh what a feeling when my soul went thru the ceiling
                    and on up into Heaven I did rise.

When I got there they did say "Jude" it happened this-a-way
                    you slipped upon the floor and hit your head
                    And all the angels say just before you passed away
                    these were the very last words you said.

Please don't bury me down in that cold , cold ground
                    I'd rather have 'em cut me up and pass me all around
                    Throw my brains in a hurricane
                    The blind can have my eyes
                    'deaf can take both my ears if they don't mind the size

Give my stomach to Millwalkie if they run outa beer
                    Put my socks in a cedar box, just get em outa here
                    hand me down my walkin cane it's a sin to tell a lie
                    blow my mouth way down south, and kiss my ass goodbye...

But please don't bury me down in that cold, cold ground...

I do know some prettier ones than that... just kinda shy about them!

Comment

Wednesday, November 15th

Hey Mary Ann, Good to see ya back! Have fun @ the gym. That should make ya feel better. Goofy day here too. I'm off to tackle the stairmaster for at least a 1/2 hr!

Comment

Wednesday, November 15th

Fan do you play guitar? It's a real easy song. Only about 3 or 4 chords.

Comment

Wednesday, November 15th

Judie... I loved that!! I think I was singing it in my head as I read the words and made up a tune to go with it! (yes, your poor doggies!!)

Lush -- I like your idea about going into business for the poor chemo patients! They have tons of magazines, and of course Mom brought about three books she is currently reading as well as a few puzzle books, and of course you are allowed to talk on your cell phone, which many of them do. BUT, she forgot and left her glasses at home and so could not read any of the books she brought nor play the Suduko game book she brought. So she just sat there... By the time I got there she just lit up with a huge relief smile and said it had been the LONGEST day. I did take her my Ipod, which she loves. But she ended up not listening to it because we talked the whole time. She will go once a week for the next three months, so I will loan her my Ipod on those days. It would be so nice if they had wireless internet in there at the VERY least so they could do email, surf the internet or SOMETHING! I am plannning to get her an Ipod for Christmas, as she has just fallen in love with mine as well as all my music... LOL! I have the Nano, so it doesnt hold TV shows, which would be ideal for her.

I'm feeling better now. Hubby walked in with a dozen roses this afternoon. And if you know my husband, he is NOT a flowers buyer. I can think of maybe one other time he ever bought me flowers/ roses outside of an anniversary or Valentines. So I was very surprised, which in turn obviously made his day as well. We are waiting on our daughter to get home from crew practice (which is not for another hour and half) and she will babysit, and we are going out on a date. My plan is two glasses of wine slowly while having appetizers.

Thanks everyone for the encouargement and insight!
                          Allie
                          What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Wednesday, November 15th

:h :l Allie
                            Enough is enough

Comment

Wednesday, November 15th

Allie, ROSES! Good for you!:h You deserve em! So do I..In case my Hubby happens to read this!...not likely! Oh well, I have some about to bloom out in the yard. Have a great evening with your "BO"...

Yeah come visit I'll play that song for ya! It's just G, C, & D.:H

Fan I've played off & on for 20+ years but mostly "self" taught... so ya know how that is... I basically suck. But I enjoy it. My Hubby calls it the instrument of torture ( although, he's trying to learn some chords now, so I think he's starting to appreciate my "talent" a bit more)

There's a Keith Urban specialon I just found on CMT! Gotta go! Definately stairmaster for this... no x-bike, I might get stuck to the seat!

Comment

Wednesday, November 15th

Hey!
                                Allie, did you ever get that CD I sent you way back when?? I don't know that we ever talked about that! Funny. I know it's probably nothing that your mom has ever heard before, but it's fun, fast, stuff that got my A** running, and maybe if she knew it was from me... you could load it to your Ipod?? Just wondering. Maybe you thought the stuff was whack-o and pitched it. hee hee! I won't be offended, I swear, babe! I do have something I'm planning to send to your mom... it was supposed to be a surprise, but, I suppose now it's something to look forward to. You can tell her, or not. Depending on how she feels. You know best, OK?:h :l
                                Tink, you OK? Relationships, relationships. We are all in the same boat with that one. Just feel free to vent and we can only be honest and supportive. For now, just please try to take care of yourself, remember that the drinking to excess will not solve the whole dang problem, and that you will be STRONGER when you say "I am doing this for MYSELF". Don't let her feelings rule your world. I know, it's tough, and we all do it to some extent. Thinking about you.
                                Laura. Heyyylll yeah, sista. The avatar STAYS. Sorry about the AF promise and the subsequent demise thereafter. If you are not ready, sobeit, as Dianne says. You are doing great to be here and continue to commit. I love your fire! (does that sound stupid? she is firey, isn't she?? I love it). Look at my drink tracker. It's good, good, OK, Ok, BAD, OK, good, BAD... bla bla bla. I'm avoiding in my drink tracker the words "HORRIBLE" , "DUMBA**", and "OBLIVION" at all costs. I like the green days! Had 4 so far this wk. That's good!
                                Eustacia, Eustacia. You are one of the most intelligent women on the boards, as far as I can tell from the IQ test I gave you. (hee hee). However do you think your husband is superior? And to think he can not look at you if you walk by naked?? Does he not have a pulse? I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. I cannot relate to the feelings of a mature woman. I am 31. But I have so much respect for you and any woman of any age. I think older women are beautiful. I look at some of the geriatric women I treat (I'm talking, 80's) and wonder what they looked like when they were vibrant and young. I wonder what I will look like when I'm 80. If I'm 80. But you are NOT 80!! GEEZ! You need to hold your beautiful, smart, witty, sexy, unpretentious head high and assert yourself as you did at that meeting. I'm glad that girl slinked off. I don't know. I wasn't there. Would I have been the person who said "what's HER problem??" about you? Maybe. But you are above that, E. I admire people like you. I am a people pleaser and don't assert myself enough. Good for you.
                                On another note: about the hearing... have you seen an ENT? an Audiologist? Rush Limbaugh is nearly deaf (I think officially deaf) and hears just fine with a cochlear implant. Maybe you have already had it checked out, but if not, please do. It may change your world. Much love:h
                                Rach, you OK?
                                Patty? I know you rarely check in here, but I'm thinking about you today. A lot.
                                Mike, nice post! Love Bob D. My sister is a big fan of herbal products... :k so I get to hear tons of him. Hubby LOVES him too. Nice lyrics. Thank you! Great job on passing by the liquor isle. I still really love having you here, Mike. Thank you for contributing so much to this community and tolerating it thru our "PMS"!
                                Lots others I'm missing and I'll get everyone at some time.

Me, I had a crappy/weird day at work. I didn't make drinking promises this morning so I'm already on my 3rd glass of wine. That's ok. I needed to chill. I was livid.
                                Listen, I have a supervisor who is 4 years younger than me and is a Physical Therapist and is at least--AT LEAST 200 pounds. OK, I'm being mean. But how are you supposed to teach how to be physically fit and be that obese. No, maybe she's 250. She's fatter than the guy in my avatar. Front butt. I'm serious. AND she wears tight clothes.
                                WELL, she got angry with me today because I had this woman who was in a "reference period" (it's really important this person gets her therapy for insurance/medicare billing purposes) on my list. I got to work. This patient was busy. Then the patient went to lunch. Then the patient took a nap. Then she got sick. Then I tried to see her. She was still sick. I told my supervisor. "I'm so sorry, I couldn't see B because she was busy earlier, then lunch, now sick". So the supervisor is pissed at me. Won't even talk to me. I could go on for a billion more sentences ---(SHOCK!! BECCA COULD GO ON FOREVER???? NO WAY!!) but I won't . Point is, some people are so dang concerned about their minutes for medicare and not about the well being of the patient. I even tried to call my mother -in-law (insert doom music) to get my son off the bus so I could STAY LATE to see if this patient felt better.
                                Oh lordy.

I gotta go back there tomorrow. Plus my MD who perscribes me the topa and backs this program!!! Thank God! That's the big thing from keeping me from the dark side...
                                Love to all

Comment

Working...
                                X