Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday, November 15th

Allie,

Your mom sounds like a champ. It probably depends on the facility because at CU Hospital (Aurora, CO), patients have TVs, music, even the option of taking the chemo on a rooftop garden. It's quite new though. It sucks that they would just make patients sit there ...

Glad the flowers cheered you up. I know what you mean about the rarity of getting them from a non-flower-giving hubby - I had to give birth to get flowers. :H

Off to class.

Tracy

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Wednesday, November 15th

There are a few of you that keep everyone supported and inspired, Mike, Dilayne, Lush, Jen and Judie - I applaud you!!

Rachele, Hope you are OK sweetie. Hang tough.

Allie, I was going to make all the suggestions people made and you have done for your mom. I HATE when I leave my reading glasses behind or I don't have my contacts in. I think you are such a sweetheart of a daughter.

Judie, Yeah the kitties have more of a strong smell to that than the dogs but they all can trash a place when they are sick! Song was great!!!:H

Tracy this a great place to be . . ..:welcome:

Eustacia, wonderful piece you wrote on yesterday's board!

SM, Mary hope you are doing OK dear.

Gypsi - thinking and praying for you.

Becca, you did great at the gym, so happy for you on that . . slowly but surely. Just read your post above. God bless the ignorant folks who manage the wrong way - totally half a$$ed backwards in their approach to team work! I am sorry you are feeling so wronged - I don't blame you!

Was AF last night, got a couple scrambled eggs down.

Took my favorite girlfriend to lunch for her birthday today. We both a had a drink and I bet again there were two shots in there. probably wont' have any this evening. My stomach is still not 100%.

Not to make light of anything that has been going on but this has been a rather fun mental exercise I have been doing the past few days, thought I would pass it on because I keep finding myself smiling over this when I have the opportunity to think about these.

In the NY Times magazine this weekend, they interviewed a ton of different comedians. One question they asked all of them. "If you were going to be stranded on a desert island with only 5 comedies, which ones would you choose?

My list immediately: High Fidelity, There's Something About Mary, :H When Harry Met Sally, Oh Brother Where Art Thou? (then that last one was so special they started to fight with each other, is it Fargo? The Royal Tenebaums? Tommy Boy? The Wedding Crashers? Somethings Gotta Give? Monty Python? I know I am forgetting a bunch of comedians. . . . so the list goes on!

One of those had to bring a smile to someone!

Lush, MM, Tink, Hawk, Laura, Waves and anyone I missed, Love you all!
      Mary

Comment

Wednesday, November 15th

Mary, I am sorry. I meant to inquire how you were feeling. I hope you are on the mend. Thinking of you......
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Wednesday, November 15th

Thanks Lushy I am OK.

I didn't mean to make it sound as though the few I mentioned were the only ones who were inspirational or supportive, just today I saw someone would write a problem and three of those people would respond immediately. You guys are GREAT!!

Love you all!

Mary

Comment

Wednesday, November 15th

just checking back in

Thanks Judie for the kind thoughts!! I play guitar too, stink at it now, but was pretty good at if for many years!

Fan, my son plays tenor sax, he is really good, played at a university competition and scored an "excellent" (or something like that anyway!

Allie, sounds like your mom is a champ..........read through alot of the boards quickly, so didn't catch much, but Ia mthinkin of ya!

Mary thinkin of you to as usual, as I am SM Mary and everyone else!

Gonna go now, but just wanted to check back w/ everyone for the evening..........raining here w/ tornado warnings and all FUN FUN FUN!!!:H

good night all, love ya:l :h

MA

Comment

Wednesday, November 15th

DAMMIT.
              You can't start a thread when it's not midnight and when your drunk so I'm disqualified on 2 counts.
              F---Lucky. at least I can still type to save my life.
              Bad day muffs.
              Bec doesn't have many of those. I had shin splints ( not major, I know this) last wk, and I had a fat bitchy co worker who is younger than me tell me how to do my job today. Is this what getting older feels like? You Girls Better GET READY TO SEE A FIGHT
              (sorry, P, I'm usually calm , as you know.. I can't anymore...)

Comment

Wednesday, November 15th

OH MY GOD

I have only been on the MWO site since like...May. And now I realize that everyone keeps up with one another by chatting on THESE boards. I am such an IDIOT!!! Yeah, I am the MWO member with the Ph.D....how pathetic!!!....well, maybe now I can actually join in and get to know a few more of you all....

OK...you can all stop laughing now...yes my hair IS blond...

Beth
                formerly known as bak310

Comment

Wednesday, November 15th

Oh, my God, you guys crack me up!

Judie, count your blessings that you have a garage. I live in an apartment with six animals. Seven, if you count my husband. I thought that I had animal-proofed the place years ago when I replaced most of the uphostery on the furniture with ultrasuede--you know, that fake suede that Halston used to make machine washable dresses in the 70s--and by "decorating" with abaca baskets that the cats could scratch to their hearts' delight. Then my daughter went from begging me to provide her with a younger sibling to asking for a dog. Because I felt guilty about her being an only child I did a lot of research on dogs and discovered that Italian Greyhounds did not need to be let outside with the frequency of other dogs because they could be litter box trained. We got an Italian Greyhound puppy several months ago and, to my delight, she was completely reliable in her use of the litter box. Dear hubby wasn't happy that the puppy wasn't urinating only outside "like a real dog" so he took away her pee pad and unhousebroke her. Within weeks, she had urinated on three rugs and I wasn't able to clean them well enough to prevent a constant odor. So off they were to the rug cleaner and several hundred dollars later they have a new home--in our basement storage locker. This puppy is a serial offender and has now marked two other rugs, the sofa in our daughter's bedroom and her bed. Needless to say, it isn't the puppy I'm mad at!

Your mention of John Prine made me laugh in light of my ruminations yesterday about my hearing. One day my husband came home and said that he had a John Prine CD called The Missing Ears. I only came across it the other day and I noticed that it was really called The Missing Years. Oh, well . . .

Tink--It sounds to me like your girlfriend is feeling threatened about your new job. Unless she does this on a regular basis, why is she putting on the stud act now? She'll probably calm down once she realizes that you are still there for her even if you meet new people at work or uncover talents you never knew that you had. Please don't drink so much that you end up feeling badly about yourself. Please?

MKR--As always, thank you for your thoughtful words.

Becca--You might be a mere girlchik but your post shrieks wisdom! I'm glad to learn that Rush Limbaugh and I have at least one thing in common, even if it is encroaching deafness. I'm under treatment with a fine ENT who specializes in hearing disorders. As soon as some device comes on the market that can help me, I'll have it. In the meantime, there is some good stuff to address hearing impairment happening on the surgical front.

Mike--Even though you're stuck in a bevy of beauties, your kindness and humor would almost make me want to say "you rule!" However, I found myself in quite enough trouble the other night for something I said, so . . .

To everyone I've missed, it's just brain fog.

Goodnight, all.

:heart: E

Comment

Working...
                  X