Thursday, November 16th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday, November 16th

Geez, Tracy, I hope I can spare them of that. I don't know. I still can remember my parent's breath when coming back from parties... the smell of their clothes and hair...
    I've probably already damaged my kids. sigh. I hope I'm a good enough mom to counter-balance is all. I can't say they "won't have" any recollection of the beer or wine breath.
    Trying and thinking, dear muffs.

Comment

Thursday, November 16th

Hi again

thanks for the warm welcome all

hawk..I don't think we met...but reading the posts...I am wishing you the best...I hope all will be ok...

I didn't make it for my second day of abs...I don't know if I can do abs or not...but I still think it is my ultimate goal...anyway...loved the topic today!!

I don't come from a long line of alcoholics. My mom seems to love her evening drinks, but in truth, I am not sure she has as much of a problem as I do. I can't ask her...she isn't the kind of person I can have that kind of discussion with, but with all her years of drinking, I haven't ever seen her "drunk" that I can tell. However, there are definately signs to me that her drinking is an issue..Anyway, outside of her...I think I am the only one in the family.

I guess I am lucky not to be married to a drinker, involved with friends that drink etc....although it makes it that much easier for me to "play the part" of the pleaser person that I think others want me to be. I am way too good at that and have been since I can remember....definate issue with me. Maybe that is why I do so well in interview? who knows...but can't be healthy.

Anyway, wish you all a good night.

Allie...I am so glad you had a nice evening with Alec....wow..he is a great hubby!!

night all

Beth
      formerly known as bak310

Comment

Thursday, November 16th

Tink,

One thing that I've learned since I've been here is that recovery is a bit of a dance. Usually, it's two steps forward and one step back but, sometimes, it's the opposite (or, in my case, worse). If you really feel that you need to go, go. But think about coming back soon--before you start to forget what you accomplished when you first started posting. I remember how excited you were when you first reported how moderating was working for you. Unless my experience is atypical, and I don't think that it is, you will find the conviction that you can get this thing under control within reach and quite soon. Like tomorrow, maybe?

Feel free to PM me if I can help.

:heart: E

Comment

Thursday, November 16th

Good advise Eustasia, I agree. This program does take a lot of time & work. It doesn't happen overnight, but we didn't get to were we all are overnight either. Hang in here with us Tinker. We care about you Hon.:l

I've been going thru a tuff time time lately. the weather sucks. I'd rather skip the Holidays completely... I cringe at the whole "commercial" aspect surrounding it all now...

I really think out of respect for the Lord we should secretly change his birthday(forgive me ...), but just to throw off the "shopping days" & big stores! Not really but ... something outrageous; is in order... :H

On a lighter note I enjoyed a wonderful walk on the beach today. That's kinda my way of talking to God,... getting outside & enjoying the beauty around me. I guess i really need to kick my b*tt & get out there even when it's storming, because I feel so much better being able to be outside for a bit and breath. The old stair master & x bike just doesn't do it quite the same.

As far as Families & holidays... oh God... I could write books & books... Even tho I'm 46, every year, I'm torn between looking forward to getting together with my Family, and dreading, always , forever, being the "baby of the Family".

It's like I'm my Dad's little girl and beer drinking buddy, and at the same time my Mom & big Brother are forever watching over, to make sure I don't "go over-board"... while being the perfect "hostess" to anyone & everyone else... so of course, if I choose to drink, I usually have something of my own out my truck... so it's not awkward for everyone else... No double standards in my Family!
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Thursday, November 16th

In my last post, I meant my Mom is the perfect Hostess, offering everyone a drink when they arrive... except her 46 year old "baby"... Not that anyone would notice! Or that I wouldn't know where the keg of beer is outside by the hot tub. Or where the liquor stock is in the guest bathroom, (which by the way, is better stocked than most of the bars in the County... around here!) Not that anyone who lives there, might have a problem... no elephant in that living room... hmmm

You would think one of these years it might feel different...
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Thursday, November 16th

Judie-
              Oh, I am so very envious of you walking on the beach, and understand the necessity of kicking yourself in the butt to get out there even when its storming. When my husband and I want to get away, we almost always go to the coast (northern CA/Oregon). And yeah! Let's do something secret and outrageous to throw off the commerciality of Christmas! How many people should we let in?
              P.S. 46 is an interesting sandwich kinda age, isn't it? Me, too.
              Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
              Plato

Comment

Thursday, November 16th

Jude, I'm envious. I love the ocean - something about it quiet my soul. Rivers and lakes work too, but the sea sinks into my mind somehow.

46 here too. Like I said, I really don't seem much of what's left of my family of origin (three siblings). The sick dynamics of my parents sucked but having them gone sucks worse I think.

I am not sweating the "gift giving" and may not bother shopping at all. My kids are adults, our relgious beliefs aren't Christian, and I think it will just be a day to get together and over-eat - like Thanksgiving. I dunno, maybe I'll get brave and we'll go skiing. Maybe there is advantage to not having to deal with family of orign stuff - I'm neither looking forward to Christmas with fervor nor dreading it. Same with Thanksgiving.

Now if I had a grandchild, Christmas would look way different to me.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X