FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Ahwww Molly, I have hardly met anyone famous. I think I saw Kevin Nealon from Weeds in the Airport once. Judie is the one who has met all the mucky mucks.

Fan, wanted to say, I saw the post about the kid's conferences. Makes you feel good, doesn't it? Not sure if I told you my oldest boy has learning disabilities, boarderline ADHD, as well as some other issues. He has more of a hyperfocus problem,then over activity, but staying on task can be a challenge. He is doing much better this year as well. His improvement is a factor in staying in this program for me.

Laura
    Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

I need to rent Weeds as we do not have HBO or whatever it is on. I have heard it is a great show. I met Clinton when he was President (very charming), Peter Jennings, Sherri Belafonte, and just about any soap star that was popular in early 80's/late 90's. I used to work at a TV station. You met someone much more famous and that was at a 7-11. Where is the justice in this world???
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

It has taken so long to catch up with ALL THE Posts and to stop laughing at the story that I have run out of time to post properly...again!!!!!!
        Love to all as always
        Waves x:l
        Enough is enough

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Met a few stars on St. Thomas, who wouldn't want to go the VI to film right?

Alan Arkin interviewed my oldest for a jello commercial but my youngest in my lap really caught his eye so he asked him (about 22 months at that point) if he wanted to be in a jello commercial. He promptly replied - I HATE JELLO!

There is a picture on our frig when my mom saw him next she put him in his little white terry robe, put his sunglasses on him and when I came in he bowed and told me he LOVED JELLO!

To myself I was like - little late on the uptake buddy! They were always looking for those blond haired blue eyed kids for the extras in movies and commercials down there. They canvased my kids school for those kids. The guys got bored with the long, long waits as extras and I was like thank god, seemed like a cruel world for little kids to be in. Half the time the scenes were cut and or the commercial never came to be.

Lushy, I have heard that about Clinton. Very cool people you met, and Judie Robin Williams is such a riot. too fun that you got to talk to him.

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Hi mod squad!!

first time I have gotten on the computer all day!! FRMCA- we have dualing Avators, I am afraid...opps.

Anyway, I too LOVE Robin Williams, although I think he is probably a complete nutcase in person. Allie, I hope you are not too sad with hubby gone....the invitation to come for thanksgiving is still open!!!

Today was ok...as some of you know...I attempted abs, and made it a day...kind of bummed about that...but...trying not to be too hard on myself either. Certainly not a reason to drink alot...which I really haven't done since I started on Topa since June...I forget how much better I am than I was....not an excuse...I still think my ultimate goal is abs...but I drink about 1/2 what I used to...no more blackouts, hangovers etc. Anyway, after the whole family thread yesterday, it was funny because I spent the afternoon with my mom. That is very rare. I live in Florida, and she comes here back and forth from NY. I probably haven't had alone time with her for about 3 years. It was ok. My mom is my mom. Means so well, but she is who she is. It took her an hour of sharing her stuff before thinking to ask how I was doing...and I guess it is hard at that point to really want to share. I have come to realize that it is not malicious on her part by any means. But probably one of the reasons I have trouble sharing has to do with the dynamics of the family I grew up with....gotta get over that....way too old.

Anyway, all else is good. Although I would prefer NOT to work on a saturday, I have a GREAT opportunity tomorrow!!.. I do psycho-educational evals, for those of you who don't know me, and I have a school who has asked me to come in and just update three students on their IQ tests (special school for kids with learning issues). Anyway, it is straightforward and easy...I am not assessing or diagnosing a problem, just giving a test, and the pay is good, so I am excited.

wow...this is getting too long.

later guys

Beth
            formerly known as bak310

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Hi Beth, Great Avatar you have there! I hear you about the family issues. This time of year is hard for me. The stuff with my Mom seems to be getting worse, not better since I have had my own children. At first I thought, wow she had it really hard and now I think, boy she kind of did a rotten job. I might need to buy myself a little Christmas Therapy!
              Also, if you don't mind I have some questions for you regarding the testing and teaching you do. I would like to PM you with them if you don't mind talking shop when you have time.

Mary,
              You have lived in some really great places. My oldest is a golden red, blue-eye boy and my mother in law really wanted to take him to a talent agent when he was younger. I overruled her and my hubby and said no. They said it would help pay for college, but he had a lot of extra energy even then and I thought all that waiting around would have made him just miserable.

Laura
              Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Laura

Ditto on the Avitar! (did I spell that right this time??)

that is the thing...I think to myself that my mom may have had her reasons, but now as a mom, I think "no way!!! there is NO reason to explain that!"...not like we were abuse or anything awful, but my kids mean so much to me, I just can't get how was what she was...but...she was...and I think I have come to learn she did her best (my dad too).

Anyway, sure pm me anytime about questions...

Beth
                formerly known as bak310

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

OMG Lush...you met Clinton!!!..does he have a big head?.. is he good looking or is it just that huge sparkle in his eye? Cool.. a TV station..in Seattle...how did you end up in MT work?

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

OK name dropping time...

I have met David Bowie..he was wasted

All members of Crosby, Stills and Nash... hubby knows Stills brother

Tone Loc...it was the 80's

President Bush, Sr....he came to our school & I was in student council

Andy Garcia...he lives near me
                    Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Gosh, I love Williams, but between the two, I think I'd rather meet Clinton.

I met Don Johnson once working for an architech in Glenwood Springs who was doing work on Johnson's home in Aspen. He was good looking but not appealing in any other way and rather snooty to boot.

If I could meet any one person ... yikes, I dunno. Maybe Nelson Mandela ... would have to think about it for a while.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

David Bowie? Impressive despite him being creepy. And the rest very much one-up me. Andy Garcia lives near you? Nice. C,S, and N rock. I would love to meet them.

Chrys, I do not recall Clinton's head being big. He had quite the twinkle in his eye and that twang and he was oh so polite. I know, I know, he is a womanizer but I still was charmed by him and felt the like the only women in the room.
                        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

I'll probably be last the person tonight to post as usual. Today has been rough. Yesterday was even worse but, with time, I've grown more upset about what happened. I typically have low normal blood pressure but yesterday it so got dangerously high because of my asthma that I debated calling EMS. I did progressive relaxation exercises--essentially, self-hypnosis--off and on through the night and by midmorning I felt better. It's weird but because I didn't go to the emergency room I am feeling so badly about myself. It was a judgment call. I was afraid the ambulance ride would raise my blood pressure even higher and I would end up in a worse crisis or dead. Next week, I'm getting a personal organizer in here to go through my husband's possibly 10,000 books and an equal number of photos. I told him that I needed to do this and he just got so mad at me. I can understand his anger. I wouldn't want somebody going through my stuff either. But beyond putting powerful air cleaners in every single room and having no drapery there's not a lot I can do to avoid the toxic dust if he won't stop collecting things. I suppose that I could go leave--i.e., check into a hotel but then I'd be away from my kid and she has really seemed to need me lately. She's only nine and is showing no physical signs of puberty but she is acting like a tortured teenager. I am so worried about her. I had a fall semester meeting with her teachers today and they said that she was a brilliant girl but that she so rarely concentrated on her work. I know that it is because of the disorganized environment that she is growing up in. I feel hellishly guilty. I wish that I could just spirit her away from here but there would be so many awful emotional and legal consequences to an action like that. Aaargh . . . tomorrow has got to be a better day!

Love to all, E

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

E, sorry you're not feeling so well. Sounds like a lot of residual crap... going on. I can relate to that... I hope you can find a nice quik way of resolving it...(let me know if ya do!)

I can vaccuum, & 5 min later it looks like shag carpet... which we don't have!

I think we have a lot in common. I don't have the best of hearing either, probably from working in my Dad's sawmill as a young teen with no ear plugs, running the trim-saw (extremly high RPM) My ears used to ring all night. I have to pop my ears a lot, and look at people when they talk to me, to make sure I know what they're saying... and then sometimes... well ya know! I used to work in a Mexican restaurant, and "fajita" & "burrito" sound very similar, if it's busy & loud, or people mumble or don't look up & speak to you.

Hope your day is better tomorro.:l

Judie
                            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

FRIDAY, NOV. 17th

Lusch if I could be there to be your personal cheerleader, I would be there in a second! We would have such a riot!
                              Hello to everyone else as well - love you all
                              Love jen
                              Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Working...
                              X