Sunday Nov. 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Nov. 19th

Okay, I see you guys have been making fun of me all day while I've been at the beach! :H
    You should be ashamed of yourself! I NORMALLY never decorate this early, BUT I thought it would be a project I could tackle and have fun doing while hubby is in China. We normally get the tree right after Thanksgiving, but since he will be gone through Thanksgiving and even a while after, we got it early. It was part of my "plan" to distract myself over the weekend and keep me busy so I didnt get depressed and drink too much. So it actually worked (for the most part) Plus it does make the house seem cheery and festive, which I figure will help my spirits for the rest of the time he is gone. But yeah -- it is kinda strange decorating for Christmas in shorts. And looking at my Christmas tree and then heading out the door to run on the beach! But I love it.... I've had my share of white Christmas's in North Carolina, so I'm kinda getting into this wonderful weather year round!

We are planning to go to the mountains for a few days after Christmas, so I'm sure I'll have to break out all of my sweaters that I havent touched in two years!

Soccermom -- you crack me up! I love your new Avatar of that "overly" excited soccermom.... I was NEVER able to relate to her!! LOL!

Moderated really well last night and have reaped the rewards of abundant energy today. Yay!

Allie
    What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Sunday Nov. 19th

Hi Allie!!
      Yep, Ya caught us...:blush: :eeks: were your ears burning on the beach?(from more than just the sun?)

We do love ya! Just jealous as we sit out another rainy, windy storm:man: ...

Glad your house is cheery though! I've gotta go do a bit more XX skiing in the living room before getting ready for work!

Catch ya later.

Hugs, Judie
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Sunday Nov. 19th

Allie I think SM's avatar looks just like you!!! Come on, it's you isn't it???!!!!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Sunday Nov. 19th

You got me thinking, SM (love the avatar BTW), about ways to make it feel more festive in here. Maybe getting the family to help me with decorating would work. I dunno, I was always the one unknotting miles and miles and lights alone. And the dang artificial tree - what a pain.

My ex loved that tree they had at Walmart one year. Push a button and it rose up out of a box, fully decorated and all lit up. He thought we could all sing "Deck the Halls" while it acsended - one verse and it would be done deal - LOL. I could get a small tree this year though, something lightweight and manageable that could go on a table top.

I have no family pics in my apartment, and I'm thinking about hauling out the box of photos and asking everyone to go through and pick out their favorites for a collage for my living room.

To negate TV time, I'm going to assemble a chessboard (we all love chess), put out the putting green and ask for help cooking.

I don't like shopping either. Didn't even do it today. Maybe I'll check out Amazon's stock of turkey paraphernalia.

Having a great night. Boosting the topa may have really helped. I don't have any craving at all so far and am not sleepy ... yet.

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Sunday Nov. 19th

Absolutely hysterical TracyA about taking a hammer to the TV.!! I have always wanted to do that!!. Actually I have always wanted to shoot it with a pistol like Elvis did..., but I don't have any guns.
            I hate shopping too!! And I also am going to use Amazon this yr for the relatives. Since my kids are older now I just keep the gift giving simple. One yr I made a book of all of our family recipes. This year I too am getting into photographs. I dabble in nature photography -- just love it -- and so I am going to frame a few for gifts & then make a bunch prints & people can choose what they like. Also I am framing some portraits for gifts.

To get in the mood. Well its really hard i f you are depressed. That's for sure. Fortunately this year I'm not. I bought a bunch of outdoor lights for a summer part so I think I will put htem on the front bushes. I gave up yrs a go asking my husband to do anything, just caused fighting, so I just do it myself & like it. I guess I will make a plan this weekend for the whole prep...but goal is to keep it is simple as possible. I could never do that when the kids were little. Had to go nuts.
            Later, C

Comment

Sunday Nov. 19th

OMG Lush --- it does look a lot like me! I had to scroll back up and squint, but that is scary! Maybe that was taken when I was having a "little too much fun" at the soccer game!!! LOL....

Actually I thought MY Avatar looked like me, so that's why I picked it. And the fact that I stil love bubble gum and blowing bubbles! The day I was trying to choose an avatar, my eight y/o walked over to the computer and I was looking at my current avatar and he thought it WAS me...I just dont have brown eyes.

Okay -- it the darn football game will ever end, I am hoping to catch 60 minutes!

Later!
              Allie
              What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Sunday Nov. 19th

hey SM keep the avatars changing
                i love it when you come up with a new one
                you have a great sense of humor

Comment

Sunday Nov. 19th

I love it too SM - that overly happy, perky soccer lady is classic! LOL!
                  And that hammer to the TV thing - priceless! I've wanted to do that a few times myself!
                  Allie - I can relate to your desire to make the house beautiful and festive to help when hubby is away = i do that sort of thing too when mine goes out of town (which is like once every month or so ) - there have been tons of times he has come home to a newly decorated place, or new items around the place etc. Last time he came home to find a new kitten! Lucky he absolutely adores her
                  Lusch - how are you today?
                  I have been away this weekend (so away for almost 3 days because friday we left mid day) and I feel like its been 2 weeks with everything ive missed! This group is amazing and i love how much it keeps growing
                  Love all
                  Jen
                  Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Sunday Nov. 19th

ok guys...just popping in!!

Not decorating here...we celebrate the "other" holiday (channukah) although really get into the holiday spirit this time of year! I met my daughter at the mall this afternoon. She works at Aeropostale store, and finished up at 3, only to have time on her hands, because she had a meeting there at 7pm. So I met her for a shopping date. We had a great time hanging out, which is a rare experience with my senior in high school. Anyway, it was a nice day. Thanksgiving is at my house this year...11 people...guess I better get shopping. Allie...you are still invited!!!! Only a 4 hour driive, and ok...I am not a great cook, but you could come and help me!!

Drinking hasn't been so great. I am scared that the topa has been losing its effect. I am upping it to 200 mgs...and going to pray that helps.....

Wishing you all a great week!!

Beth
                    formerly known as bak310

Comment

Working...
                    X