Monday morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday morning!

Umm Becca, are we being a sensitive drinker???!!! . I, too, think she meant she wants you to explain what your system is that you use. Help us out here Laura before Becca starts yelling. KIDDING.

I just spent our bill money on a huge shopping spree at Costco and am now sick to my stomach. Ugh. I hate financial struggles. Makes me want to drink, but I won't. Not right now anyhow. Maybe in three minutes. Does anyone else shop at Costco and find they buy way too much stuff there? I need Costco Anonymous long before I will ever need AA.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Monday morning!

You guys are so great for sticking up for me and I can see you are getting used to me sticking my foot in my mouth.

I really did want to know how Becca's system works. I track my drinks per day, sometimes good, sometimes not so good. Lately it seems I am going over my limit more often then not. I was thinking if Becca is using some kind of system like in Weight Watchers where it is based on a week, that might be better for me. Anyway, just wanted to know more of how you work it. You can PM me if you want.

Molly, I believe you are talking about the CostMore store. I want to meet the person who needs a gallon of Mayo. (Maybe it's Pedro) Costco is a great store. You can buy a Hot Tub and Potato Salad all at the same time.

Waves, posting Jen's list on the Fridge is a good Idea.

Tinkerbell, good job on the weekend. Always the hardest time!

Paula, Welcome!

Laura
      Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Monday morning!

LOL! Laura I'm so sorry...
        I was not yelling!!! ha ha ha!
        Actually after I posted that and was thinking about it, I was wondering as I was washing dishes "hmmm, I wonder if she just wanted more info, not for me to be really introspective about how I'm not meeting my goals".
        HA again! Lush, yes, I am being sensitive! I don't like not meeting my goals.
        Laura, what I had tried to do was to give myself a certain number of "cards" I use. They are numbered 5,4,3,2 1, 0, and 0. Like deal-a-drink. I'm a regular Richard Simmons! :H I've always really tried to do 2 alcohol free days per wk. Once I use up the cards for the day, I can't use that number. The idea being, once I use my "5" card, I can't use that again. Well, it's not working so swell. The lower number days are working really well. When I make up my mind to do 0, then it's 0. If I say 2, then it's 2. BUT, if I say, "oh, I'm drinking tonight, but I'll take it easy", it's a toss up. MOST of the time I'm ok. I'll have 5-6 throughout the course of an evening and feel my nice buzzy and call it a day. BUT there's the 8 and over days if I have a trigger event (usually bad mood induced or party mode! either one can do it).
        So that's what I was talking about the other day when I said I've come a long way but I still emotionally drink and could stand to get a grip on that a bit better.

I feel a bit sheepish... sorry guys! were you thinkin I was being really b*tchy? I truly was trying to look a bit deeper into why my counting wasn't getting me to the teens like I want. hmmm. maybe because I have too many drinks? huh? HUH? Truly though, being responsible for reporting here and on the tracker helps, doesn't it?

Hey, Welcome, Paula, and WELCOME BACK Tinkerbell. I was thinking about you today and hoping that things have calmed down a bit and you were ready to come back. Good job the last few days, and stay close!

Ok everyone, made my 2 AF days for the week already! whew. those are out of the way. JOKING! I'll be a good girl tomorrow too with Thanksgiving coming this wk, or my count has the potential of looking ugly, and after all this 'splaining, we can't have that!!:l

See you all in the morning!

Comment

Monday morning!

PS: Lush:
          Every time I go to freaking Sam's Club, I plan to spend 30 or 40 bucks. Just a few bucks. I spend anywhere from $80 to $140.
          EVERY TIME!
          No gallons of mayo, but ginormous things of dishwasher detergent, laundry detergent, frozen chicken, GoGurt, juice boxes, Gatorade, Luna Bars, and tuna fish!!
          The per unit prices on this stuff can't be beat. Check it out... or don't. Now I'm a Sam-ebler.
          Yup, start another support group. I thought you didn't like to shop!

Comment

Monday morning!

Hey ya'll! Just checking in... as I didn't have time this mornin. I got a suprise call for a new painting job @ 8AM:eeks:.
            I didn't think I knew the guy (on the phone) till I got to the jobsite, & it's someone I've served dinner to for years @ a few diff restaurants in town here! In fact that's how he got my #, was @ a dinner last night. Gotta love these small towns.

MKR- I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. My old dog Sid, had diabetes for the last 2 years of her life. But she was fine, with getting a 2 shots a day, and a special diet. She still went kayaking with me ... right up till the end.:h

OK, I'm gonna cut this short & go hop in the shower.
            Love & hugs to ALL!

:l Judie
            The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
            X