Turkey Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey Day

I LOVE you guys. Tumadre, I will be over right now as I would love crab instead of eating all of this muffin-expanding food. Waves, you always make me smile. I know it is all just piddly crap to be upset about but dammit I am tired. I will give you my supe's number so you can yell at her for me. Thanks for listening to me rant about nothing that important!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Turkey Day

Don't even think that this meal won't be muffin-expanding! We're having fresh crab, melted butter with garlic in it, sour dough bread (with garlic in it), salad with avocado and blue cheese dressing, champagne, and my sister-in-law is bringing over a homemade pumpkin cheesecake! Ain't nothing low-cal about this, baby :H I can't wait. And, I guess I should confess that I went over to my mom's last night for a full thanksgiving dinner-she amazed me by cooking the whole thing! So had stuffing with sausage in it YUM! I met one of her friends, who is my age, and seems to be crashing there a lot. It must have been because I wasn't drinking (one small glass with dinner), I was amazed to see how fast she could empty a bottle of wine, then start on another one-even before we started dinner. She was wasted! Is this what it's like when we slow down/quit and then spend time around drunks? This weekend ought to be interesting then, with my hollow-legged sister-in-law...(not the one who's bringing the cheesecake)...Well, quite the ramble. Lush, how long will it take for you to get here? Waves, did you get ahold of her boss yet and explain in detail why she won't be there today?
      tumadre
      Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.
      Plato

Comment

Turkey Day

Molly-I'm going to come over and bitch-slap your boss! How dare he! or she!
        No--now tofurkey---it's all fatty meal around here..I might as well take the turkey and stuff it with beef at the rate I'm going..we haven't even eaten yet--have to wait till the dumb Cowboys are done playing..still haven't played that b-ball game with the kids..going to do that right now.
        Sorry for the crappy day--it's okay--we're allowed to feel down...I sometimes just miss my mom...so maybe that's it for you too??? Love you...
        Oh--that crab sounds delic!!
        mary

Comment

Turkey Day

Jen, thanks so much. That one's a keeper. Lush, sounds like you are a having a very hard day. My thoughts are with you.

The day went well here. We ate too much and visited a lot. When the TV was on, it was showing home movies. I didn't take the topa because I miss my brain. :upset: I still feel the topa though and took the supps and drank little. Whether that was because of an abudance of food or activity cooking or lack of craving - I dunno. It went well at any rate.

Have a good night everyone.

Tracy

Tracy

sigpic

Comment

Turkey Day

Lush ---- your boss should be arrested by the official MT police, ME! ( I told you that you need to get these accounts and work from home... LOL)

Sorry your guests had to cancel -- were they your only guests coming? Sounded like you were having a house full, so hopefully your efforts were not wasted! Hope you are feeling better soon! Got a bit of a sore throat nagging at me too --- all because of that Seattle weather you sent us! LOL! We actually got some snow flurries here?? In Florida?? It made all the people who buy scarves to be in style actually get to "wear" them, but back up to the high seventies and breakin out the shorts by this weekend!

Fan -- I assume you are not the one cooking this year, but are responsible for the sports agenda?? LOL!! (Not that you arent a fabulous cook) but we know you were probably not voted if you were going to bring pasta sauce!) But tomorrow night, can we all come over and ditch the turkey stuff?

Sounds like everyone had a great Thanksgiving except Lush and me... LOL, but planning to go ice skating tomorrow with my daughter and nieces... should be fun. Hubby is "officially" at the airport in Shanghai ... gets to come home early, so if I can just get his "time table" turned around before the weekend is over...

Thankful today is over!
            Allie
            What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Turkey Day

Lusch, I will kick your boss with my fabulous cheerleader "scissor kick" - I just made that up - is that a real thing?
              What a you-know-what. I hope your Thanksgiving ended up turning out better...Love you girl!
              Love Jen
              Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Working...
              X