Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A rock and a hard place

Hey Macks,

It is such a tough decision. Forbidden fruit or just forget about it. Where is the balance?

For me it has been the forbidden fruit. (And yet once I start, do I really need to finish the whole bowl of fruit?)

You know yourself best. If you are doing the forbidden fruit for the holiday parties, maybe this will work, nothing in the house and then when you go out and allow your self, two drinks only. They are so much more than none. If you can plan and do that, maybe it will be just right. Judie's drink water in between has saved me many times over, excellent advice.

I wish you the best!

:l Mary

Comment

A rock and a hard place

I think, I will have to quit altogether. I have gone down the moderation route too many times. For me, it worked for bout 2 weeks and then the drink count keeps creeping up again, ending in a two-day binge.
      My downfall is that husband and I enjoy drinking so much. We actually love beer and the good times that come with the drinking but in order to get that right "buzz", we have to have at least 3-4 beers and once we're at the 4th beer, we keep on drinking becausethe "judgement" is out the window....I usually start drinking excessively when I'm happy and euphoric, not sad and down....So, I think I will have to give abs a try. I'm afraid for me it's all or nothing.
      Everybody has to figure out their own way unfortunately.
      Good luck in your journey!

Comment

Working...
      X